Identicals "Poll"

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Bumbleebee82, Apr 11, 2012.

?

Which of your ID twins has a rounder or broader face?

1. Twin A

24 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Twin B

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Neither! I don't see a difference in the shape of their faces.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bumbleebee82

Bumbleebee82 Active Member

I was at Chick-fil-a a few weeks ago, in the play area for my son, and feeding the girls. 2 moms with their sets of identical twins came in to let their girls play. Naturally, we started talking, and one of the moms could guess which of mine was Baby A, simply by comparing the girls' faces. She told me usually Baby A has a rounder/broader face or head. So I started asking around. My husband is an identical twin, and this is true for him and his brother, and it has been true with 6 other pairs of identicals I've inquired about. So, I'm interested to know just how common this actually is!!

So, if your twins are identical, who has the rounder face? A or B?

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

My A (Alexis) has the rounder face. :)

3. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

A (Amélie) for me too. I've heard this before as I had an adult ID twin pick out instantly who was my Baby A...he said he's always right when he uses this theory as well :).

4. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

My baby A, (Nathaniel) has a rounder face. And for those who have been following are my boys ID or not since I have been on this site, yes they are! Had them tested and it came back ID

5. CPogon

CPogon New Member

It's always been the opposite with my girls. My twin B has always had the rounder face.

6. JediMasterMCW

JediMasterMCW New Member

That is how we tell everybody what the differences are! They always say that we look exactly the same but it's SO not true! That's the main way people can tell us apart. (I am 21) Sorry if this is just for little kids, but I found this awesome!

7. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

My baby B has the rounder face, BUT he was the closest to the cervix. When they were "labeled" A and B, he was slightly further away so he was labeled B. They moved around a lot and if I didn't have a csection, he would have been born first. I hope that makes sense!

8. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

My A babe also has a rounder face. I never think of his as rounder tho...I always say that my B babe is longer faced.

9. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!!!! So happy to hear the results :).

10. ECUBitzy

We love hearing twins' perspectives! Thanks for weighing in!

11. Tannikka

Tannikka New Member

My baby a has the rounder face.

12. Bumbleebee82

Very Interesting! My girls' faces look exactly the same, but A's head is wider at the top. I was figuring it was because she was head down the whole time and engaged pretty early on, and I guessed the cause of B's narrow head shape was because she was born backward. She had no time to be engaged in the birth canal, lol.

13. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

My Baby A has the rounder face/head. :)

14. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

Baby A has a rounder face....very interesting.

15. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I am a "B" and my face is rounder.

16. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Baby B here.

17. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

How do we define A and B for C/S babies?

People have always told me Gabby (who was born first) has a rounder face--though I don't really see it--but Gabby was only born first because of the c/s. So in my mind that makes her baby B. She was transverse across the top. I was in labor for about 8 hours before the c/s and Bianca was vertex and in the birth cannal and would have been born first if I had not had a c/s.
    In the avatar pic Gabby is in the Green.

18. darcisamantha

darcisamantha New Member

in our family Baby b has the rounder and "chubbier" face!

19. Bumbleebee82

Baby A is the one closest to the cervix, so Bianca would have been A, and Gabby would be B.

20. CWatsonJr

CWatsonJr Well-Known Member

Our A has a rounder ace.

21. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I think my are ID although I've never been told for sure....but I'm piping in anyway...my Sarah has the rounder face (Baby A). I always tell people that is how they could tell them apart, but it never works, no one can ever tell them apart.

22. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I always say Baby A has the longer oval shape face and baby B has a small little round face. So Baby B is rounder but not broader.

23. camper44

camper44 Active Member

My a is much rounder @ 8 weeks and b is more narrow. Wondering if they will change in the next yr and look more similar?

24. Bumbleebee82

My girls are supposedly identical. From my 9 week ultrasound, when we found the twins, we were told they were in one chorionic sac and 2 amniotic sacs, so they were mo/di twins. But there are SO many differences I can see, we are kind of doubting it. Sometimes they look EXACTLY alike. In the face at least. But A has much more hair now, has a wider face and head, and her skin complexion is lighter, slightly. But there HAVE been times, the skin complexion has been reversed, and when they are wearing hats, it's much easier to get them confused. Sometimes I think if they are identical, it would be a lot more fun if they looked more alike to me.

25. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

One, as their mother, you will probably always be able to tell them apart. (Except for an occasional sleep deprived or otherwise distracted moment.)
    And two give it time--over the next couple of years, they will probably look more alike as they grow out of the affects of womb position on their heads. Then after 5 or so, enviromental factors will begin to have a roll and they will probably look less alike again.
    That's what happened with my girls and other sets I know. I also doubted they were identical in the first three months. After that they started looking more and more alike. I think they looked most alike from 9 months to three years old--when if they were sleeping and their faces totally relaxed, I couldn't telll them apart. The difference is how they use their facial muscles to express themselves, so awake, people who know them well have no problem telling them apart--but people who don't know their expressions think they look exactly alike.

26. BaileyandMarleysMom

BaileyandMarleysMom Well-Known Member

My baby B has the rounder face.

27. Bumbleebee82

Interesting! I'm having a lot of fun learning the nitty gritty details about identical twins. I've always been VERY fascinated with identical twins. In fact, I married one, lol. My MIL said I'd be able tot ell since I'm their mom, too... and others have told me that. But some people even now don't know who is who.

28. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My girls are frats But as I was reading these responses it has me wondering about the whole c section thing. I am now wondering if the baby A I knew throughout my pregnancy was actually my baby B when it came to my c section???? Things that make you say hmmmmm!!

29. Bumbleebee82

I wondered that too, about having a c-section. Would they take B first and keep them A and B as in the ultrasounds, or does it switch to whoever comes out first?

30. Bumbleebee82

I've been wondering hat these mena? Care to share?

Posted Image x 3 (94,96,98)
    Posted Image 2007
    Posted Image 2011

31. Bumbleebee82

Sorry, that didn't work. I'll just ask, lol. I've seen a few people with the blue and pink circles and half circles in their signatures. I was just curious as to what the numbers meant? I can assume you had fraternal girls in 2007 and a singleton in 2001... does that also mean you have 3 other singleton boys and are those the years they were born?

32. ECUBitzy

Yes, that's what it means! Here is how to do your own, if you wanted.

33. Bumbleebee82

34. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My baby A was still baby A when it came to the c-section. My baby A was the one lowest in my pelvis and when they did my c-section, Sarah is the one that was pulled first...who was lowest. Makes sense to me because my scar is so low, there is no way they could have pulled Allison (B) out first. But that is a interesting thought because maybe that doesn't happen to everyone.

1 person likes this.
  35. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

For us, Twin B has the rounder face despite weighing about a pound less now. Twin A was all wedged in my pelvis the last month so I attribute that to her skinny face