Holy Rib Pain!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AKilburn, Apr 23, 2012.

1. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

So the last few days I've been having rib pain on my left side, it's basically that last rib. It's worse when I'm sitting or even walking and forget laying on my left side. Has anyone experienced this? I read a few articles online and it was all with woman of singletons, it was always on their right side and past their 30th week. . . I am 20 + 3.

I seriously done want to call doc or go to the ER but it hurts so dang bad!

Thanks gal!
    ~Alex

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I had a lot of pain in my ribs with my twins, none with my singleton. It was pretty much Alex (my twin B) lodging himself in my rib cage, moving around up there. It was really painful sometimes. I would push on him with my hands to get him to move back down.

3. AKilburn

Kate,

The position of it is where baby B (my boy) is ... I guess it's just him, good lord it sucks!

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Boys will be boys! Alex was transverse so he would wedge his butt in my rib cage. He still doesn't listen! :p

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

My baby B was the cause of all my rib pain. He moved up into my rib cage around 18 weeks, prob to escape his brother, and never moved down. I used to poke him an push him and he stayed up there until I delivered! He was also transverse the whole time.

6. AKilburn

I wonder if that's what it is, Baby A (hopefully my girl, she hasn't cooperated on the last 2 ultra sounds) is breach and Baby B (my boy)is traverse. I guess boys really will be boys! lol!
    '
    I go back to see my doc on monday I'll ask him if that's what it is. I ended up sleeping in the lazy boy last night, only way I could get comfortable.

7. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hiya! I was talking about you on Saturday night to ECUBitsy. Nothing bad I promise, just that I already missed you since you hadn't posted in a while. Please don't leave us. :D

So definitely one boy and maybe one girl? :smilie_xmas_116:

8. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How tall are you? The reason I ask is because I am barely 5'2 and there was just not much room for me to carry twins-they actually caused me to have a dislocated rib that hurt for months, I slept on ice packs. I sure hope one of your little ones moves to a new position that is much more comfortable for you soon!! :hug:

9. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Is this worse in the hour or two after eating? Does it come and go or is it an all time thing?
    If its worse after eating or comes and goes. Phone your doctor's office. Talk to a nurse about what the pain is like. You could be having a gall bladder attack. It's fairly common in pregnant woman.

10. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My dd was wedged up into my left ribcage, and my son was on my bottom right. Her being wedged eventually caused my rib muscle to separate from my rib cage. Oh my word the pain was insane! I used heat/cold packs, not only to ease the pain, but to try to get her to shift a little bit. I also tried poking/pushing on her to get her to move. It only helped for short periods of time. But, happily, instantly after delivery it felt 100% better, no more pain!

I do agree it could be gallbladder, as Melissa said, if it's shortly after eating, especially eating anything fried or greasy, it could be a gallbladder attack. But if it's just an all day pain, it's probably just from the babies ;)

11. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

She did talk about you! I asked if you were the cute one who uses "y'all". Woo, another southern belle!

12. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My B did this all the time, too, and it was super painful.

1 person likes this.
  13. Moonangel

Moonangel Member

Oh me too! All my babies snuggled up under my right rib and baby B has claimed that spot. Sometimes it aches so much it burns! Laying down seems to help or getting on my hands and knees or leaning over my birth ball. But when I can't do those things it is rough. I bet it just get's worse. I am only 25 weeks and so I wonder what week 35 will be like!!! Ahhhh!

14. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I had some pretty bad pain on my right side one day and it passed after a couple of hours. The next day I felt it on my left side and the next it was back on my right. When I went to my next doctors appointment, Baby B had moved to transverse/breech and the doctor said it was probably just her moving around and getting into position.

Three days later, I had a few hours of pain where all I could do was lay on the same side as the pain (the right again this time). At the next appointment, B was head down again. So it's definitely something I would mention to your doctor (maybe call if you don't have an appointment in the very near future) but hopefully it's just one of the babies moving around in a tight space.

15. AKilburn

Hey y'all! No worries I'm not leaving, life has just been busy on my end.

The pain still comes and goes, I'll talk to my OB about it next week. I know it's not my gall bladder b/c I had that taken out when I was 20 (right before my 21st b-day ... yeah lots of fun for me let me tell you!)

Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it!!!

16. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

My ds was lodged in my ribs for what seemed like forever, but I did have two different rib pains. I had sharp pains that would make me double over at times that ended up being kidney stones, and then I had the ones that I could eventually tell was ds camping out because I could poke at him near the end to get him to move off my ribs a little bit! It sounds like yours may also be more than just a baby with no room, so definitely mention the possibility of kidney stones to your doctor if it keeps up!