true blood season 5

Discussion in 'General' started by Code, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Only 6 days left until season 5 starts who will be watching?? By the trailers it looks like it will be amazing!!

Question who has read the books? I own them all but have yet to read them as I don't want to be disappointed. Anyone read them and loved both the show and books?? :)

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:woo: I will definitely be watching!! :popcorn: I've been counting down the days! :D

I just hope Eric is back to evil ways for good :diablo:

3. Code

Code Well-Known Member

He needs to go back to his sexy evil ways ;) he was way to innocent last season! I hope Bill and Sookie get back together they were so cute together! :)

4. TwinLove

He was too innocent and I hated him wearing Jason's clothes :bad:

5. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Agree!! He needs to go back to how he was including clothes! :)

6. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I can't wait!!

He'll go back to himself this season, no doubt. Everybody misses him.

You can read the books without ruining the show. The show very (VERY!) loosely follows one book per season. They add characters and skip over others. They expand some story lines and don't bother with some. It's a complimentary show- not at all meant to follow the books exactly.

7. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

As much as I hate seeing Game of Thrones leave I am happy it is a nice transition to True Blood!!! My favorite character is Pam!!

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm excited about the new season of True Blood. I've missed Eric and Pam!
    Code, I agree with Stephanie, the show does not ruin the books, the books do not ruin the show. The show really just takes a nugget of plot line from the books and does their own thing with it.

9. Chrissy Nelson

Those last 30 seconds scared me!! I loved Pam in that jogging suit.

10. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

YAY! I forgot it was even starting today. So excited.

11. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hvae I mentioned how much I hate Tara? I so wanted her to stay dead.

12. kingeomer

Me too, Bex. I really do not want to see another baby vamp storyline now featuring Tara. I am hoping that maybe because Tara had such severe head trauma that the storyline is going to be that she was better off dead.
    I could have done without Marcus's mother special brand of mourning and poor Sam being tortured.
    I do love Eric and Bill on the run, I was laughing at Bill being on the phone in the beginning while Eric was speeding around the house cleaning up the "mess". I loved Bill's exasperation at Eric's reunion with his, uh, sister and I am totally shallow and down for naked Eric. I also liked Eric's "F-Sookie!" Finally someone said it!
    I was laughing at Pam's Walmart track suit comment.
    Can't wait for Chris Meloni to make his debut, I love that guy!
    Oh-also liked that Jason is growing up, when he told that frat girl of what would happen if they hooked up and he did not want to be that guy. Go Jason!

I thought it was a good start to the new season.

13. TwinLove

How can one complain when your week starts off with some nekkid Eric yumminess? :spiteful: Needless to say that was my favorite part. :lol:

It looks like it will be a good season if they keep this up. I hope they shoot Tara in the next episode, I've been over her for five seasons :laughing: Never was a fan! I miss Jesus!! The whole "sister" thing took me a few seconds to get and at first was SO grossed out! :lol:

14. Rollergiraffe

Favourite parts: Pam in the yellow kitten track suit. The fact that Eric isn't all lovesick and vulnerable anymore. I love Andy Belfleur with all my heart and soul.

Least favourite part: Tara. I wanted her to stay down too. She's too angry. I didn't mind her the first season but the last two seasons she makes me all stabby. I wonder if the head injury will make her like the Elvis character in the books.

15. Chrissy Nelson

I hate Tara too but that part really did startle me.

So is that really Erics sister??

I also loved the part with the Reverand being sucked out the door and when he said "I Love You" to Jason.

16. TwinLove

Sister in that they both have the same maker, Godric.

OMG, that part made me laugh out loud! :laughing: The Rev. was funny!!

17. ECUBitzy

Finally watched it tonight and it was so good!

Christopher Meloni from SVU is the Authority? Oh my. Oh there is too much hotness in this show!

18. kingeomer

Looks like it. And I agree. I :wub: me some Chris Meloni!

ETA: True Blood fans, the cast is the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week. There are 11 covers to choose from. I got the one with Mr. Meloni on the front.

19. Chrissy Nelson

Him in that nice fitted suit is an amazing site. Just when you think this show does not have enough hotties on it they find more.

20. kingeomer

What did everyone think of last night's episode?
    I thought it was okay, not as fast moving as last week's.
    I think Steve Newlin is a hoot. A creepy hoot, but he does crack me up. I am assuming he is to be a contrast to Tara, someone who hated vampires but now embraces being one. Where we now know, Tara is po-ed about being a vampire (glad they kept that true to character and that she is mad at Sookie and Lafayette...it really was for them that they turned her and not for her, whether Sookie wants to admit it or not).
    Smart move of Alcide to turn down being pack leader. I hope Sam and Luna are done for good. Poor guy gets tortured to protect her and her kid and gets a whole lot of grief in return.
    Russell-ugh! I am curious to see if he will actually get the true death this time around.
    Chris Meloni was the best part of the show last night.
    I liked Pam's flashbacks to how she first met Eric. I am curious what happened that made him turn her. I am also curious who Steve Newlin's maker was or is. I am also curious as to where Terry's storyline is going. I don't think Scott Foley is up to any good at all.

21. ECUBitzy

I thought it was a slow episode. I get that they're having to give us more background to get story lines going, but I was a little bored.

I think Pam is going to have a relationship with Eric and then get turned voluntarily- I think that is why her relationship with him is so strong.

Tara is going to continue to annoy me, I can tell.

22. Chrissy Nelson

I thought last nights episode was a snoozefest. I do enjoy the backstory with Pam and Eric. I am over the whole wolf thing. I wish Lafayette would have staked Tara :) Christopher Meloni was FINE in his suit last night.

23. TwinLove

Eric meeting Pam was my favorite part :wub: I like when they show the history.

I have a feeling that the Terry storyline is going to be dumb and just drag on. :pardon: I don't see how they fit into all this at all!!

Loved Meloni :wub: Ever since Oz I've loved him!! I also loved the little boy on the board! :laughing:

Tara needs to be staked!!

I, too, thought it was a bit slow last night and I was hoping for more after last week.

24. Chrissy Nelson

Oh the good old days of Chris Meloni in Oz.... that was a naked man fest.

1 person likes this.
  25. ECUBitzy

He did a full frontal in Oz. my girlfriends and I DIED.

26. TwinLove

That's probably how I fell in love. Any man that gives full frontals gets my love. :spiteful:

:lol:

1 person likes this.
  27. Rollergiraffe

Uh-oh Liz, I hope you don't come across any flashers at the mall!

28. Chrissy Nelson

His full frontal is very "impressive".

1 person likes this.
  29. TwinLove

30. ECUBitzy

1) WTF, Tara? I'm sure that's not the end of it, either.

2) Andy is funny. :)

3) Why must a teacher abusing Jason be introduced? Why does the world want to make that a plot line? Yuck.

4) The writers need to SLOW DOWN. We don't need 15 plot lines happening simultaneously. They are still writing well, they're still creating string characters, but they've got to thin things out a bit. Too much.

31. TwinLove

I crossed my fingers hoping it was it for Tara but then they showed Pam. Forgot about her. :gah:

I am in agreement... no more storylines. I wonder what creature that guy will be that smelled of cookies, beer and sex. :laughing:

32. kingeomer

Stephanie, I agree with you about the writing. One of the things about Charlaine Harris' books is that she knew when to sit characters. The show feels compelled to have something for every character to do.
    I could have done without the teacher hot for Jason storyline.
    Liz, I was hoping that would be it for Tara but we all know Pam is going to rescue her :rolleyes: I am wondering if that guy was a fairy to have attracted Jessica so strongly.

I am glad that they did not drag out Sookie having to tell Alcide about Debbie. I also liked Pam's flashbacks to Eric making her a vampire and his lessons on being a maker (and the little guest appearance in that flashback of Bill and Lorena). But overall, this episode was so-so for me.

I did giggle at Steve Newlin being the new eager Nan Flanagan. I am still curious as to who his maker is.

33. Rollergiraffe

I agree; too much! I don't need the Jason Stackhouse teacher abuse problem, especially with Anna Draper.

They should just let Tara stake herself if that's what she wants to do.

Although it's not necessary, I love the Holly/Andy storyline. But Arlene and Terry not so much. Too many Belfleurs.

Was it me, or was the whole thing with the Chancellor seducing both Bill and Eric confusing? Why do we need her backstory as some biblical character? Why did they have some sort of blood ceremony last episode and then claim they're not sanguinistas? I AM SO CONFUSED. Calm down, show, and start being awesome again.

34. TwinLove

Good question Jen, I was wondering the same thing about the chancellor and all that jazz. :wacko:

35. kingeomer

I am with you Liz and Jen, I was totally confused about the chancellor / Nora's confession/Sanguinistas.
    I had no idea that Jason's teacher was Anna Draper!
    So far Holly/Andy are the most normal couple on this show that actually deal with real problems. That used to be Arlene/Terry before the possessed baby storyline.