Do you have a silly little guilty indulgence?

Discussion in 'General' started by Danibell, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Something ridiculous that you're almost embarrassed about but you enjoy too much to give up?

I'm a big kid at heart, and the one thing I can't give up, is Archie Comics. Double Digest ones. I buy them all the time! And hubby knows if he want's to get me a little something, a chocolate bar and a comic book is what he picks up!

I also love Disney Movies and anything Mickey Mouse. If I had a choice between something trendy and something Mickey, I'd totally take Mickey ;)

2. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

well my husband knows I love chocolate but he does not know that I am easy to please. He knows I love lindt and I am happy for that but I can be just as happy with a box of milk duds or tootsie rolls.

1 person likes this.
  3. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

McDonald's Hot Chocolate. The only time I get embarrassed is when I order it when it's mid summer.

1 person likes this.
  4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Making cookie dough. Just to eat the dough. :D

3 people like this.
  5. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

cherry limeades from sonic. I stop and get one every day after I drop the kids off at school.

2 people like this.
  6. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Eating cherry pie filling from the can....I always buy crusts like I'm going to make a pie but always fill it with something else!!!

2 people like this.
  7. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I do word puzzles. The books you see in the grocery store, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that buys them. Not really embarrassed about it but people think it's funny for some reason! I've been doing them since I was in high school.

2 people like this.
  8. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

gummy candies. I love them.

1 person likes this.
  9. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I stash my books everywhere and when mommy has to take a quick pee break, I sometimes don't reappear for 10 or more minutes. Books are also what turns my "quick" weekend showers into a marathon "getting ready" (20 minutes of getting ready, 20 minutes of reading). They are also the cause of me being almost late to work some mornings. I could read, and read, and read!

1 person likes this.
  10. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Harribo gummy bears.

And expensive beer.

1 person likes this.
  11. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Sci-fi video games - particularly the Mass Effect series. I use it as stress relief - especially after a crazy day at work.

1 person likes this.
  12. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Gummy bears!! I am VERY picky about my gummy bears. The only ones I eat are Haribo and CVS brand. They need to be the chewy, hard kind. Not the soft, squishy ones. I knew I liked you Steph! ;)

And no, not sure I have a guilty indulgence. Anything sweet at this rate!

1 person likes this.
  13. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

Carmel Apple Werther's... Little gold wrappers all over my car, purse, in pockets. But oh so good :blush:

1 person likes this.
  14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Nutella on a spoon...

or Jif Crunchy PB - ate a whole jar by myself (it took a week but there were no sandwiches made out of that jar!)

2 people like this.
  15. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Looks like food/candy is winning the guilty indulgence race! :lol:

16. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nutella. It's actually forbidden in this house because most times, I can't control myself. And I cannot blame the husband or the kids, since they are immune to it's siren call.
    Watching cheesy 80's videos on you tube. Party All the Time by Eddie Murphy never ceases to make me smile and jam. I think my best friend and I are the only ones who think that song is awesome.

1 person likes this.
  17. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

People and Us weekly and TMZ and Perez Hilton. Love the gossip columns and trash magazines. My husband is always so amazed when I can tell him stories about celebrities such as Tommy Lee being sued over his drum set up.

2 people like this.
  18. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Weed. Or rather, that would be if I could get my grubby mitts on any.

Cigarettes and expensive beer will have to do.

4 people like this.
  19. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Peppermint Mocha cream for my coffee.

2 people like this.
  20. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

reese's puffs cereal. holy hell, i could eat an entire box in one sitting.

2 people like this.
  21. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Y'all can keep the Nutella (can't have the dairy anyway). I have discovered Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter and it's mine. All mine.

I'm with Marchi. People and US. I don't actually buy or subscribe to either but my neighbors on either side of me do and they share. :good:

2 people like this.
  22. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I LOVE Nutella also :).

1 person likes this.
  23. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

TV (criminal/law shows)

1 person likes this.
  24. jamey

jamey Well-Known Member

People magazine. They are expensive just to read & trash, so I only buy them sporadically. Some husbands bring their wives flowers, I prefer People :) Seriously, my day is made if I have to go to the dr & find a People in the waiting room. It's like hitting the lottery!! I spend $5 on way worse things, but it just seems frivolous to me to subscribe, so I ration myself.

25. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

When I was on maternity leave, my friend brought me stacks and stacks of Us Weekly that she was going to recycle. I swear, it was the perfect magazine to read while trying to do all of the 10,000 things you need to do for twinfants.

26. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Gossip Girl!

27. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Real Housewives of OC, New Jersey, and Atlanta.

2 people like this.
  28. momofangels

momofangels Well-Known Member

Two things:
    Books - usually series. Like now for instance, I'm re-reading the "outlander" books. And I sit down with this 600-700 page book and read for 20-30 minutes when I should be doing my "mommy" chores. (the family gets by just fine without me, which puts a dent in my "invaluable" myth).

My other guilty pleasure - I watch reruns. Golden Girls, The Nanny, Reba, Frasier, Will and Grace... I watch them until I have memorized each scene, each line, each nuance. I just found a TV station that shows reruns ( Remington Steele, Dick Van Dyke - I actually wanted to be Laura Petrie for a while when I was younger, Bob Newhart, Mary Tyler Moore...) and I love it, tape them just to remember what they were like. I even taped an episode of Lois and Clark -- the Superman show with Teri Hatcher? DVR is my downfall -- now, my family knows of my old show "habit"!

29. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Tootsie rolls. Especially the big ones. And during the fall/winter....Venti nonfat gingerbread chai. I seriously live on them from Starbucks. I have 2 or 3 a day sometimes. They have replaced meals for me...I have gone way out of my way when out with the kids to say "oh look a Starbucks...why don't we just stop by..."

For tv shows...Dance moms and Teen Mom. For some reason I LOVE those shows.

30. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

A closeted Teen Mom fan too!?!? Where have you been hiding! :laughing: I love the show too(and 16&Pregnant). I still have like four episodes to watch from this past season.

1 person likes this.
  31. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Haha...I have to watch them when the kids aren't home. I am so sad to see the first season go. I do love the second season girls too though! My oldest would so laugh at me if she saw me watching it!

32. BellaRissa

BellaRissa Well-Known Member

I LOVE Diana Gabaldon!!!!! Th Outlander series ROCKS! I've read every book at least twice! My guilty pleasures are reading & designer shoes.

33. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

The Real Housewives of New Jersey and Beverly Hills. DH makes fun of me a little for those. (But if he's in the room while I'm watching, I usually catch him watching too! lol)

Romance novels. I love to read, and romance novels are my go-to for a mind dump. No heavy thinking, just enjoyment. And there's always a happy ending. But since I read on my Nook now, it's become an expensive little habit. I used to buy used and trade. Now I'm just buying and downloading!

34. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Beer (I like Sweetwater) and Real Housewives of ANYTHING. Dh used to make fun of me for watching these shows, now he is as hooked as me!

35. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Chocolate. I even get up in the middle of the night to eat handfuls of milk chocolate chips....and that's only because there's no other chocolate available because I ate it.