Where did everyone go?

Discussion in 'General' started by nikki_0724, Nov 7, 2012.

1. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I have to admit I have been MIA for a long time but this site was ALWAYS busy and moving!! Its sooooo S l O W now!! What happened?

2. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

Good question!

3. Lisadgogo

Lisadgogo Well-Known Member

This is funny... 29 people viewed this post and no one responded back to you. So not only are people not posting / chatting but they are not taking the time to wonder why?!

So "hi" to you Nikki. And I do not often post but rather read and gain knowledge from all you wise women ;)

4. nikki_0724

I'm so disappointed to see how slow the boards are. When I had my twins in 2005 the boards moved so fast it was hard to keep up. When I had my singleton in 2009 they were still clipping along. Now nothing??? Hmmmm

5. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The whole "message board" format has died down across the internet. Several board I used to be on have died down quite a bit.

1 person likes this.
  6. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Ha, this is funny! I read all the posts but only answer if I can offer something useful... I know you are expecting #4 and already have 3 boys. I know you are looking for a single stroller (never bought one). I know your MIL is a wanker (no experience in that department, either). Yep, I read all the posts!!! I think this site is still pretty hoppin' most days!

:)

6 people like this.
  7. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I totally agree! I do the same thing (plus i'm on my kindle fire alot and I can't post to TS from it)

8. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Posting is annoying on a device and it slowed me down a bit, too. I agree with another PP, I don't always comment if I don't think I have anything to say.

9. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I think Facebook happened. There are days it is busy on here and then it goes a couple days with nothing.

4 people like this.
  10. nikki_0724

I don't wxpect people to post if they can't help but unless I'm delusional there were a heck of a lot more posts daily in the past. But yes Facebook did happen and that sucks:(

1 person likes this.
  11. FourKiddos

FourKiddos Well-Known Member

I had my twins in 2007 and I know the boards were much busier back then as well. I checked multiple times a day when my kids were little, but it seems the older they get the less I post on TS.

12. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I am newer, but I know for me, I am usually on my phone, so it's harder to post.

13. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I know one thing for me - when I first found out I was having twins, every twin mom I met reminded me to join my local MoMs group (which I did). While googling around about twins one night, I came across TS and joined. I would then mention that I was also a member here when anyone would suggest the local MoMs group to me. At least some of the people I told that replied with "Oh yeah, me too". Self-promotion can go a long way. ;)

But then again, I'm another one that tries not to post unless I feel like I have something constructive to say/add and I try really hard to search for previous posts on the same topic (I don't always succeed in that but I try).

14. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

This place has slowed way down. It used to be that a post would have to be moved to a different forum if it was about your pet, or if your question was asking what's for supper it would go to cooking forum because this forum was moving along so fast things would get lost otherwise. Now if that happens you never or rarely get a reply in the more specific forums.

I have to agree that Facebook has a bit to do with it but I also think that the election has a bit to do with it. People are informationed out and some Are frustrated and just taking a break. I also think some of it has to do with clicks and waves. If one friend is group of online friends gets frustrated on/with a forum they all leave creating less traffic.

I know for me I am posting less and less here because if I type my personal opinion about something and others do not agree morally, politically or spiritually they throw out that "your judging" line and it makes me want to share less and less because I feel they re doing what they accuse me of doing, judging and I just cannot be me here any longer. But this is just all my opinion for me.

15. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I do all my posting from my iPhone and its really not horrible but I text a lot too. I check her 1-2 times a day and try to help when I can

16. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

winter is coming....

#gameofthrones
    #nonsequitir
    #Iknowthisisn'ttwitter

4 people like this.
  17. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:laughing:

Yup.

18. nikki_0724

Guess ill stick with the babycenter boards... It's sad to see a place I once loved so dead:( I know my twins are grown now and Facebook happened but sometimes there's just things you can't or don't want to post on Facebook. What a concept huh??? Lol have a great day everyone!

19. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I am checking these boards also; I am adding something if I have something useful to say based on my experience. These forums helped me a lot when I was pregnant and during the first year with twins. I still find it useful and I am learning a lot from other people's stories. It's interesting to read posts about kids a little older than mine, this way I know what to expect. I noticed a lot of people that were active when my kids were infant disappeared.

20. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hey girl, twinstuff has been a very useful resource for many people at one time or another, and still continues to be for many. I've noticed as twins get older people get busier or just need less help and their time on TS becomes less and less, but we've constantly got new posters in expecting that could always use some encouragement and support, and we always hope they'll stick around. We've also got quite a few long time posters and that's GREAT!! I feel like TS is a pretty close knit group of people and I for one am really grateful!! It's where I met YOU!!

3 people like this.
  21. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

I am relatively new here and don't know what the traffic use to be. I check in multiple times a day and am so grateful for the knowledge and experience that is shared here!
    This is the FIRST place i go when i have a question or a concern. It is great to call my SIL or friend but most often i get the answer i need here!
    And i also really enjoy the more personal side of Twin club.

3 people like this.
  22. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Why not stay & help generate some traffic? I agree with Lesley that even though things have slowed down it's nice in a way because it's allowed for a tight knit community to form.

4 people like this.
  23. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I check in, but don't post as much as I used to. I think it's a combination of being busy, and my girls are older so I don't have as many questions. But I do try to offer help and advice when I can.

1 person likes this.
  24. nikki_0724

Ill be around for sure!!! I too have met alot of great people here!!! Lesley!!!! <3 you!!

2 people like this.
  25. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I'm fairly new too so I can't speak for how its been in the past but TS has been phenomenal for me throughout my pregnancy and after. Anytime I've ever needed advice or just to vent all the gals have been here for me and I've met some great gals and we all share an amazing bond. Im not upset by the traffic at all, I think thus forum has been extremely supportive. No matter what I love it here!

2 people like this.
  26. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

I'm here :) I did notice that it's been getting slower lately, but...??? And Nikki- save yourself from the BBC boards!!! Those are scary places lol. I follow the Feb 2012 board for kicks and the immaturity and drama that goes on over there is frightening, considering that these people are MOTHERS.

1 person likes this.
  27. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

I have also noticed that it has really slowed down since I first joined in 2005. Now that my kids are getting older, I don't have the same time to go online and read/post. I also don't post unless I have something relevant to add.

28. NicoleLea

NicoleLea Well-Known Member

I agree, I was wondering the same thing, what happened to everyone??? It seems like when I check here every few days there isn't even anything new, it's kind of sad. I remember back in the day too it was a LOT busier.

29. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The site is only as busy as we members make it. We've not had as many new people join in the past year or two, or, if they do join and say hi, they often don't get as big of a reply as you would expect to get from a site with 35K+ members.

Twinstuff has always relied on the long term posters and the vocal posters to keep things going. For those of you that think you don't have anything to contribute, you totally do! I try to stay in the top posters for the day, just because I think it's funny. That's my contribution.

4 people like this.
  30. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Easton is busy, busy, busy, busy, busy , busy,busy, busy and I have started taking a sweet older lady to and from dr appointments. Did I mention that Easton likes to play in the toilet? UGH!! My time has been taken up with all kinds of things but I am going to try to do better!!

1 person likes this.
  31. becasquared

Awww, Easton's playing in the dog's water bowl! :wub:

2 people like this.
  32. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Bex-I am pretty sure most days I am top poster of the day...dont even try girl! :laughing:

2 people like this.
  33. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

Ive been on here since 2005, I really value 'checking in' on topics and/or issues that are of concern.

Yes, it has slowed down--- but it is still pretty active that if you post a question you get responses.

As a PP said-- it is only as active as we make it.

Plus, the infant/pregnancy section is always hopping/but also has high turnover.

As my kids get older- I do post less, but the answers I get I place more value in for the most part because I am familiar with the posters, does that make sense?

1 person likes this.
  34. becasquared

Leslie - it's on woman!!

ETA: In certain situations, there are definitely times that quantity is better than quality. Top posters of the day is one of those times! :babyflips:

1 person likes this.
  35. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

Gosh I remember when I was one of the highest post count members and top poster. I started to pull back a bit when a few members said something like "you don't have to share everything you do every day, what are you trying to do, prove you are a perfect mom" that hurt. I took a break and came back posting less.