Christmas wish lists...

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by jjzollman, Nov 11, 2012.

1. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I'm in shock that Christmas is just not that far away! We don't get out of school until the 21st and we'll be out of town 2 of the early December weekends,so I have already started shopping (there's a first for everything!).

Just curious what you are getting your kids and/or what they are hoping for?

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

ACK! I have NO idea! And I am of the mindset they need one "big" gift each. And I totally go overboard. Totally. And I so can not keep doing that....

Annabella: Leapster Explorer or something of the sort-the boys have their own...she would enjoy her own as well... ; dollhouse. But I can't decide if I should wait on that or not.

Nicholas/Anthony: NO CLUE. They just had their birthday in October. They got over FIFTEEN LEGO SETS. I kid you not. Now what do we get them? Some games I put on their lists. They pick anything out of a magazine. LOL! I was thinking bikes...but it's winter, they'll never use them now. I just don't know!

I will be watching this thread closely!

Oh-Anthony did mention a personalized bowl...for his ice cream...lol..so I can do that.

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Alex's big gift is going to be a new bike. Nick is getting a skateboard and Just Dance for the Kinect. Other than that, we are doing some Lego Ninjago sets, Hero Factory, Angry Birds Star Wars sets. Not sure what else. Probably some books.

Josh is probably just going to get some Little People sets. He's not too picky yet!

4. Katheros

http://pinterest.com/pin/59672763782813207/

:D

5. megkc03

:laughing:

I saw that before. But that is hilarious! And so cool! I wonder what my dh would think.... :laughing:

6. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

So cool!!

7. Katheros

The dentist we went to in Maryland had a couple small boards on the walls of the waiting room, they were a huge hit with my kids and every kid I ever saw in that place. I would love to do it if we weren't renting our house.

8. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I have no idea what we're doing! They turn 5 at the beginning of December and then in Jan. we are taking them to Disney for the first time. (They don't know about that!! :D )

Rea wants a dollhouse, but the ones I find are so bloody expensive. And we'd decided with the upcoming trip that it was going to be kept under control...

Jason wants anything and everything Avengers. He's totally obsessed with superheroes at the moment.

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I promised myself to only get the kids each 3 big things, and stocking stuffers. And then 1 gift each from Santa.

My parents are getting the kids a trampoline so that's taken care of. And we're getting a kindle fire for the kids to share.

My 10 yr old wants anything and everything to do with science stuff. Building kits, do it yourself experiments...etc. So we'll get him at least one of those sets. And he wants a big remote control vehicle to use outside. He has one, the battery won't hold a charge anymore, and the compartment door for the battery is lost so it keeps falling out. So I'll probably get him a new one of those.

My 6 yr old girl is tough, she's not really "into" anything right now. I'm going to get her a big remote control vehicle too, since she always wants to use her big bro's. Other than that, I'm so stuck! No idea, she has a bike, doesn't play with playsets like tinkerbell, strawberry shortcake, my little pony....she's my gamer chick and already had a DSi.....really no idea for her.

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have Christmas and then day after our kids turn 5. Shoot me now.

Our kids really love the show The Octonauts on Disney Jr, so my husband managed to order some Octonauts items from overseas, I don't know how much he paid but he says the prices were similar to the US. The kids also got the ship Bucky from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, a solar system set for each of their rooms, Legos, books
    Luke-Imaginext Space Shuttle, Transformers Rescue Bots, clothes
    Sophia-Sea World Barbie (from the Barbie has many jobs series?), clothes, Hungry Hungry Hippos game (she' s been begging for that since she played it with her therapist during a session). Sophia really wants the Octopod but it is way too expensive. My mom is getting them a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse playset.

Most of these gifts are coming from the aunts and uncles & my Mom. I still have to get them some stocking stuffers (usually a new toothbrush and toothpaste and some small things).

11. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Its going to get crazier soon! We are doing our first lay way with Walmart / Toy R Us this year. Its only because I don't want to be running around to different stores looking for specific toy. Has anyone done lay way? The twins' turned 6 this past September. We brought a bundle package with Skylanders / Kirby (for Rianna). Every year I tell the kids to write down their 3 Wish List from Santa and a letter how good they are going to behave for Elf to come back.

Justin~
    Skylanders Giant (And need some more figures collection too)
    Piano (keyboard)
    Hot Wheels "Terrain Twister", its so expensive!

Additional toys he wanted the Nanospeed Super Vert Crash Set, Nerf shooter, 'Where My Water' board game, Fibber (board game), and Magic Set from Melissa and Doug.

Rianna~
    Hello Kitty karaoke machine with microphone w/some CDs
    FurReal Puppy (Are they worth to buy?)
    Pet Shop Fairies(my daughter has been a collector since 2 yrs old--still play with them!)

Additional toys she wanted more Barbie Fashion Pack, Furby, Disney Wreck-It Ralph Talking Vanellope, and Jingle Interactive Story buddy

For sock stuffers:

Justin~
    Candy Cane (Jelly Bean) loves them!
    Hot Wheels car
    Stickers
    Gak ~ http://www.gak-is-back.com/products.html
    Angry Bird Apptivity
    McDonalds gift card
    $6 single dollars for this year *We always do this every year when they turn 4, 5, 6 it goes straight to their piggy bank its

Rianna~
    Brave movie
    Stickers
    Candy Cane Jelly Bean
    Nails stick on
    Gak
    McDonalds Gift card
    $6 single dollars for this year

12. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Gosh, what they want changes regularly. Grace though, sticks with doll stuff pretty strongly. Lily right now wants an iPad, which is not happening (she has a Kindle Fire). And she really wants the bracelet making kit at Costco, which is on the list of what I have gotten.

What they are getting:

shared
    small television for their playroom

Lily
    Alarm clock/radio/docking station for Kindle Fire
    Robe
    Bracelet making kit
    Starter earrings
    Motorized marble run
    Sheet set

Grace
    American Girl knockoff from Target
    Beauty salon chair for doll
    Bed for doll
    Alarm clock/radio/docking station for Kindle Fire
    Robe
    Doll outfit and/or another doll accessory

G is going to get a real American Girl doll for her birthday in March, and a bike seat carrier for the doll. She's yet to learn how to ride her bike without training wheels, so she's not getting a new bike because hers will still work well for her next summer. L is going to get a new bike for her birthday.

This list is not inclusive of what other family is getting them. Some of the ideas I have given them are Monopoly Junior, Scrabble Junior, Uno Attack, magic trick kit or book, disco ball, baseball gloves/bat/ball, Brave movie, Madagascar movie, Brave Merida Barbie doll, and ear muffs.

13. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My girls have their birthdays in December too....as well as my whole entire family :headbang: ...so here is their birthday and Christmas list

Christmas

Trampoline
    American girl Doll clothing and accessories
    Boots
    an outfit each
    stocking stuffers (socks, nail polish, earrings, toothburshes, etc)

Birthday

Nintendo 3DS for each
    a game for each
    a pair of sperrys

14. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

No firm lists yet from the kids, they just keep mentioning things here and there. I am hoping to firm up their list in the next couple of days so I can get some shopping done soon. My daughter keeps asking for an American Girl doll. She will be 6 years old in February, but I just don't know if I want to take the plunge into American Girl already. I was hoping to wait a few more years, but so far it is the only thing she wants. My son is into superhereos, so I think that will be the main part of his list this year.

15. Utopia122

I don't now if this is doable for you or not, but at the end of school last year we took the girls to an American Girl store and let them pick out their own doll. It was a great experience. We presented it to them as a reward for having a fantastic year. They never got in trouble, worked really hard, and did a great job, so we took them. They loved being able to pick out their girl themselves. My girls wanted another doll as well, but I would rather wait until they can pick her out themselves.

16. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

My son wants an electric hand buzzer. So I bought that. I have no clue what else I am getting him.

17. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have been asking my girls and all they say is "well, we already got what we wanted for our birthday, princess panties, so I have no idea what Santa will bring". So I brought Lily with me to Wal Mart yesterday and walked her through the toy aisle. 1 doll stood out as something she wanted. My Magical Wand Cinderella Doll. So today on my lunch break I went back and got them each one of those.

We got a big swing set for the back yard, that's their big present.

I got each of them a DVD for their stockings, and I got the John Deere talking tool belt and Chuck the Talking Truck for Cooper.

And that's all I've got.

Are the girls too young for an Easy Bake Oven?

18. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

the want:

dollhouse
    anything doc mcstuffins
    some legos "friends" sets
    i can't remember what else!

that stuff will be from santa. we'll get them a few movies, barbie clothes, build-a-bear gift cards (for clothes), art supplies... i really can't think of anything else!

19. Utopia122

We got the girls one last year. They love it, but the packages are so darn expensive.

20. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

My son: guitar and camera (both need to be "real", no pretend/kid stuff! ~per his request)
    Other son: a drum set and basketball hoop
    My daughter: iPod

:faint:

If we are able to get them their wish list, they won't be getting many other things from us. I really try not to spend too much at Christmas, but none of the above are cheap! I don't know what I will get my DD because she already has a Kindle Fire, I just see no reason to add an iPod. But what do you do when that's the only thing she's asking Santa for?

Stocking stuffers always include a small bottle of 7-Up (this was added last year because they love soda and we don't drink it very often), toothbrush and toothpaste, new socks, a book and whatever other small things I have found.

21. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

The girls are not too exctied about anything this year. They do not want any "toys", they do like board games and they want 3ds. I have to say when kids get old the holidays are not fun bc they do not want the cute stuff anymore.

22. Utopia122

That's a really good idea. Sarah loves soda, but rarely gets one. So, it's a super treat for her. Allison hates the stuff (thank goodness)

23. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Check out Apple.com for refurbished ipods. They come with a warranty, straight from Apple, and are considerably cheaper. Great for kids!

24. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Wondered if we could revive this thread now that it's a lot closer to Christmas! (We spent the past month moving -- and are still renovating the house we moved into -- so I haven't had much time to think about Christmas....)

For their birthday, which was in mid-November, they got a TON of arts & crafts stuff from their friends and cousins. They love that stuff, but there was so much of it, by the end they were going, "Another craft project?!?" So there aren't a lot of options there for me.

We also got them new bikes for their b'day, which were really expensive (all their previous bikes had been from yard sales, but this time we went all-out with hot pink mountain bikes!), so I wasn't planning on anything really pricey for Christmas.

My thoughts so far are:
    - outfit for their AG dolls
    - additions to their collections of "small dolls" (Lalaloopsie, Barbie friends or whatever they're called, etc.)
    - some small decorative things for their rooms in the new house
    - a card game or mind-teaser puzzle (they got card games called "Mermaid Beach" and "Rat-a-Tat Cat" from friends for their b'day -- they LOVE them -- so I recommend those for your kids around age 6-7!)\
    - books
    - Lego (though my MIL is getting each of them a huge Lego project already)

They are also crazy for jewelry, but I'm afraid if I got them anything really nice (by which I mean, costing more than $5), they would just lose it.

I refuse to buy them any electronic gadgets yet. They use DH's and my iPhones for games, but I see no need for them to have free access to electronics right now (and if we gave them gadgets of their own but restricted their access, that wouldn't be much different from what we do now).

Question: Would you buy a 7-year-old a preschool "teaching clock" if she told you repeatedly that she really wanted it? It's kind of expensive ($45, I think), so I don't want to do it if she's going to play with it for a week and then ignore it. But she has mentioned it several times.

25. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Girls are getting an ipad mini to share till after christmas when I can afford another. I bought these crazy horses with changeable manes(love anything horse or mlp), glow in the dark dry eraser boards(because everybody loves glow in the dark), small remote control cars(iPhone/ipad/iPod controlled) and a game called black sheep. I want to get them headbanz also

Jazz wants skylanders which my sister may buy them and jessy really hasn't said. She did like the furbys but jazz is terrified of them

26. ohtwinmom

ohtwinmom Well-Known Member

Mine have their 6th birthday just before Christmas as well! It's a crazy month, but here's what they are getting:

Birthday:
    Lightsabers that light up and make noise
    Spiderman web shooters (ones that make noise, NOT the silly string stuff. it runs out way too quick)

Christmas:
    Lego set each
    "Big Boots" Car each
    Soccer Boppers and a punching bag

One asked for that Alien Autopsy set, gross! Brother asked for a bigger lego set, so it all works out.

Stocking stuffers:
    a christmas puzzle
    a little spy gear thing
    lego store had small christmas theme bagged sets
    Ewoks (Bought a Ewok set and going to open it and individually wrap 2 each)
    Misc. candy

27. Utopia122

Alden, if it were me and she repeatedly asked for it, then yes, I probably would. If it was a one-time mention of it, no way, but usually if my girls ask over and over, it is something that they really want and they will most likely play with it a ton.

Here's what we settled on...And I am happy to say that all I have left for Christmas is my 4 nephews and my niece, and clothes for my son...I am almost done shopping!!

Christmas:
    A pair of PJ's a piece (we always open these up on Christmas Eve..our one tradition we have)
    Trampoline (Santa's gift)
    Snow boots and gloves each
    Pair of regular boots each (both different that they picked out)
    an outfit a piece
    gymnastics leotard each
    a couple of AG items for their dolls
    Koala (Allison) and a Deer (Sarah)...stuffed by the way :D
    Stocking stuffers

Birthday (on New Year's Eve):
    Nintendo 3D and a game a piece

My 14 year old son is getting an Ipod and gift card for his birthday (on the 18th) and a flatscreen TV for Christmas along with some clothes.

28. megkc03

/sigh

I've got nothing for the boys. I got them a tabletop air hockey table that dh said no to. I'm not sure why. Anthony wants this giant dinosaur that I don't think he's going to play with much, but it's one of the only things he's asked for from Santa. I got them each a video game for their Leapster Explorers. And I need to find them a bowl with their names on it. Lol.

Nicholas asked for the Lego train. We have connections at Lego, so we may be able to get it for 50% off and it's for both of them, from us. I need Santa gifts. Annabella is all set with her dollhouse.

I was also thinking we may do a little one night away as a family to an indoor waterpark or something instead of a crazy amount of gifts.

As an aside-who deals with all the shopping? Dh doesn't, and when I come up with ideas, he puts it all down, yet comes up with nothing else. It's maddening!

29. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Meag, try etsy or Pinterest to either make or have a handmade bowl done.

My DH is very budget conscious so yeah, sometimes I have to give and sometimes he does, too.

30. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

We did weekend at indoor watermark for their bday instead of presents!

31. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Here is what the girls asked for and they are getting most of it...

Allison
    3DS
    4 games
    art set
    board games
    toys

Zoe
    3ds
    2 games
    tool kit
    micro drifter cars & track
    Science Kit.

32. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think our big present will not be revealed until March. I was planning on getting them Nook colors or iPod touches (not sure which) and still might, depending on how much money we get from my husband's bonus and xmas money.

So the plans are:

Both
    Disney in March
    pajamas
    socks

Alice
    Furby
    dresses
    tights/leggings

Royce
    Lego
    pants
    shoes

Stocking stuffers - eh, I'll probably go to the dollar tree and buy a bunch of stuff. If we don't do the iPod touches or Nook Color, we'll buy them each a game for their DS.

33. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

GRANDMA
    - Boys- Talking Globe
    -Katherine -Old school record player

GRANDMA and PAPPA
    -Scrabble States Game
    -Freeze up Game
    - Spot it Game
    - Landmark Bingo
    -Katherine- Baby doll

GODPARENTS