Razor Scooter

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by abrinka, Nov 27, 2012.

1. abrinka

abrinka Well-Known Member

My two mastered their Mini Kick scooters and I think they are ready( and they want) 2 wheeled Razor Scooters. They tried them at Toys R US and loved them.
    I noticed they all say they are appropriate for ages 5+ and my two are 4Y4MO.
    Should I buy or wait a bit?

And if you have one which brand would you recommend to start with?
    Thanks.

2. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My dh brought home scooters from yardsales when the kids were about 4.5 years old. They did fine with them. In fact, it's probably one of the few toys they still play with from that time period. I also like them because they fold up and you can travel with them very easily.

Marissa

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We bought them for our twins when they were almost 3 yrs old. They love using them in the house. I went ahead and got them for them because the older kids got them, and the twins kept stealing the big kids ones ;)

4. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I got my guys this one. I liked it because the base was wider than normal but not noticeably to others (other kids would not think they have a scooter for little kids because the wider base). I think I got it for mine when they were 4 1/2 ish.

5. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

My kids did fine with them at 4. They still use the mini kick to do tricks, ride down the hill with one foot on each !

6. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

The kids got our for Christmas last year so they were almost 5, but had been riding them at daycare since they were about 4. We have a Cars one and a Barbie one that I think were bought at Target.

7. celliniko

celliniko Member

See cheap hoverboard in Amazon for more recommendation of high quality hoverboard including SWAGTRON and RAZOR. Moreover, article of best hoverboard will tell you the main considerations before buying.