Multiples? HCG almost 8,000 BEFORE 5 weeks!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sunset5, Jan 18, 2013.

1. sunset5

sunset5 New Member

Hello all!

I am so worried! I am currently 5w1d pregnant but had a beta drawn at 4w4d that came back at 4,348 and another at 4w6d that came back at 7,925! The levels are doubling normally but are incredibly high according to every chart I've seen (which is a lot as I've been googling obsessively all day). I had an U/S at 4w6d but only saw one gestational sac and nothing else which didn't worry me as it was so early but I feel like that, plus the fact that twins aren't on either me or my husbands side probably rules out the idea of multiples. Everything I've read says that high hcg can mean molar pregnancy or down's syndrome.

Can anyone please tell me if this is normal or not? Have you (or anyone you know) been in a similar situation and what was the outcome? Could it mean Twins or trouble??

Please HELP! Thanks in advance to all that reply!

2. Kkal474

Kkal474 Member

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! While high HCG levels can indicate multiples it is very hard to predict multiples based on numbers alone. I know individuals that have high HCG's and healthy singletons and some that have super low HCG leves and healthy twins. The fact you saw one sac suggests to me that there might only one but that was a super early scan and only time will tell if there is another one hiding in there or if there are identical twins in that sac. I wouldn't rule out multiples purely based on the lack of a family history as identical twinning is unrelated to familial inheritance in any way. Keep us posted!!

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I agree with the above. Congrats!

4. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats!

5. georgiamommy

georgiamommy Member

I know someone who didn't find out she was having twins until her anatomy scan at 18-20 wks. Also, I'm carrying twins and my HCG levels were never high and we have no family history of twins. So none of these things can really rule out or confirm a twin pregnancy. Regardless of twins or a singleton, congrats on your pregnancy and try not to worry. Stay off of google!! ;) (That's some of the best advice I've ever received!). And remember to keep us updated!

6. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I didn't find about about my boys until my anatomy scan!

7. mrsgreig

mrsgreig Member

I actually had very low Hcg levels with my twin pregnancy. I think 150 at 4 weeks even was my first number. Also identical twins are spontaneous, meaning it's not inherited(at least not that they have found so far). No one else in our family has twins.

8. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

have you found out yet?

9. sunset5

sunset5 New Member

Well I've had multiple sonograms that have all showed one baby so now I'm just concerned about partial molars or Down's Syndrome as there really seems to be no other explanation. I guess I'll have to wait at least until my NTT at 12 weeks to find out... Wish me luck :)