Induction date- almost there!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by dab_20, Mar 16, 2013.

1. dab_20

dab_20 Member

Just wanted to thank you all for answering my questions and this site has been incredibly helpful! I finally have my induction date set for March 28- 11 more days!! I will be 36+4 weeks. The girls are doing wonderfully and I have another growth scan on Friday. At 32 weeks they measured 4 lb 7 oz so hoping they are well into 5 lbs by now. I did get steroid shots a few days ago to help their lungs along since they're being taken a little early.
    I've been pretty uncomfortable for a few weeks now but the last two days have been taken to a whole new level of discomfort. My hips hurt so horribly I can't sleep at night and babies have dropped so far into my pelvis I can hardly sit upright anymore, it's like laying down or standing are the only semi comfortable ways to be. I feel sooo much pressure and cramping in my lower stomach and I swear if they move any further down they'll fall right out! I was sure I'd make it to my induction date a few days ago but now I'm really starting to wonder whether I'll go into labor in the next few days.

I know it's all worth it in the end, but honestly I didn't imagine it could get this bad! I can't wait till they are in my arms!

2. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I hope all goes well with their birth. Sorry it's been such a rough pregnancy.

3. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

I'm sure everything will go wonderfully. Congrats to you!!

4. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Good luck!

5. bayoubaloo

bayoubaloo Active Member

I'm excited for you! You've got great weights for so early and your LOs have had steroid shots. I am jealous. Thinking of calling my OB and requesting them, as some days I am just certain I can't make it to the end of the week, let alone end of the month, let alone April 26 (38 weeks). My weights are on the low side :(

Sigh. Which makes me recommit to hanging in there as long as possible!

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Hang in there...it won't be long now.

7. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Not much longer!!!! Those are great weights! And soon all that pain will be a distant memory! :grouphug:

8. DarleneM

DarleneM Member

HI Danielle,
    You are almost done!! Yay! I hope to get an induction date set soon too but mine won't be until 38 weeks which is the week of April 8. I know about getting uncomfortable. I have had 5 previous pregnanies and have never been this uncomfortable although my pain is different than yours, My babies are higher and giving me side pain and high abdomen pain. Anyway, hope all goes well for you!
    Darlene

9. dab_20

dab_20 Member

Thanks everyone, I'm still hanging in there, 5 days left! I had a growth scan yesterday, Baby A was measuring 5 lb 8 oz and baby B was 5 lb 9 oz! Seems like good weights :)

It might be something you want to ask about. Sometimes I wonder why steroid shots aren't a routine thing in high risk pregnancies. I was glad my doctor suggested it when I brought up my concerns about NICU stay.