Graco Snugride Infant Carseat

Discussion in 'General' started by MrsWright, Apr 8, 2013.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This was the carseat we used for all 3 kids (Hannah just used one of the boys) and I loved it. Not sure there are too many differences in the infant carriers but this one is rear facing only from 5-22lbs and 29". Worked great and we never outgrew the height or weight and by 7 months all my kids felt too heavy to lug around in the buckets and we switched to convertibles anyways:)

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I, too, used this carseat (link to manufacturer's site) and we loved it. The cover removed easily for cleaning, the canopy provided good shade, and the weight limit worked for my girls until a year old.

We did use these seats for our carseat test in the NICU when the girls were just over 4lb each. The NICU allowed us to use a positioning aid and it worked well!

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used these for all 4 of my kids. I couldn't see spending more money for the higher weight one, it just meant more weight to lug around in. I did move my twins out of them early (at 3 months old) because....well I had big twins! And by 3 months my arms were aching from hauling them around ;) But for an infant seat this was awesome. I loved leaving the base in the car and carrying sleeping babies inside, bases are a cheap investment and you can easily purchase more for extra vehicles (or for grandparents or babysitter's vehicles). Shade works good and is fully adjustable. The pad is easily removeable and washable for those inevitable baby blowouts.

4. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

WE used the Graco Snugride 35. In hind sight, i wouldn't have spent the money on the higher weight. i move them convertible seats around 7 months and even before that usually left the seats in the car unless they were sleeping. They just got too heavy to carry around.
    The LOWER weight is important!! With twins there is a good chance they will be small. The insert that came with the carrier made them very comfortable for my 4.5 lb babies.
    Even thought we didn't use them long, they were priceless during those first few months. They have a good shade, comfortable, easy to snap in and out of the car, and most importantly allowed baby to sleep undisturbed when we were out and about.

5. sunnydee79

sunnydee79 Member

What is a positioning aid?

6. ECUBitzy

It's a stuffed noodle-like thing (we called it the noodle) that helps support a preemie's torso and neck in the car seat. Some NICUs use rolled blankets while others don't allow anything. I had to plead with our nurses to allow us o use them, and I suspect they had to, in turn, sell it to the NP. It worked wonderfully, though! I'll find one online and link it.

7. ECUBitzy