Would you change your wedding song?

Discussion in 'General' started by MNTwinSquared, Apr 21, 2013.

?

Would you change your wedding song?

1. YES! I don't like my choice.

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Nope! I stand by my choice.

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. I didn't have a wedding song.

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

We had Sammy Kershaw's "Love of my Life" for our first dance at our reception. I even saw him in concert when he came to town before the wedding. Lately though, I've been listening a lot to Bon Jovi on Satelite Radio had have fallen in love with his song "Always."

Do you still like the song you chose? If you don't, what other song would you have chosen?

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Tony and I didn't have a traditional reception....but our song has always been "Where are you Going" by Dave Matthews Band - and I wouldn't change that, unless it was for my other favorite DMB song "You and Me"

1 person likes this.
  3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

We didn't have a traditional reception with dancing because it was at a small art museum. But our song was Imagine by John Lennon, and no I wouldn't change it.

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If I remembered what it was, I'd let you know if I liked it.

3 people like this.
  5. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I can't vote because I'm on my Nook, but if I was voting, I'd have to go with "other". We had a very traditional wedding and reception, but I have no idea what our song was! I am truly horrible at remembering the names of things - songs, streets, books, etc. The silly thing is, I can be a sappy romantic too, so you'd think I'd remember! When my husband gets home I'll have to ask him if he can remember the song.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes. I planned our wedding as DH was 1,200 miles away. So I made him pick the song and honestly I don't know which song it was but it was by Chris Cornell and pretty. I wish DH would have picked something we both had heard before.

7. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We had Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World and nope, wouldn't change it. :wub:

8. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

We didn't have a song. DH only cared about two things for our wedding: picking out his tux and that he did NOT want to have dancing (he hates to dance at all, and especially with everyone's focused attention on him). Everything else he didn't care too much and I did the planning and just let him know what I was picking out.

So our reception was a CD of instrumental music being played in the background while everyone ate and mingled, then cutting the cake, etc.

9. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

We did not have a first dance. The reception was at our church and there was no dancing allowed. But, we had two songs sung during the ceremony and I would not change them.
    We had a song that I know now really did not "fit" as a wedding song but I am so happy we had it because it reminds me of my mother who had a stroke 3 months after my wedding. I would have loved it if we could have been friends longer. Friends - Michael W. Smith was the first and "More precious than silver was the second. This song symbolizes how important Christ is in our lives and how He is more important than even the relationship my husband and I have with each other. How He is more important than the rings made of silver, gold and diamonds that we exchanged. I would not change either song.

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Bon Jovi's Always is one of their best songs, Jackie. I love that one.

We had Keith Urban's Making Memories of Us and I thought it was the perfect song. DH liked it but he's not a real big music fan (his tastes basically run to Iron Maiden, so uh, Run to the Hills was not going to do for a wedding song). I wouldn't change it. I think the song is perfect for us.
    Of course, I always joked that we should have danced to Guns and Roses rendition of "I Used to Love Her."

1 person likes this.
  11. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My husband and I did a quickie JP wedding with no reception so we don't have a song. :(

I did have a full blown wedding with my first husband and while I wouldn't change the song necessarily, I wish I could change the groom!

12. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We didn't have a wedding song, baptist church, no dance ;) But our unofficial song is "Will you still love me" by Chicago. I still love that song to this day! :give_rose:

13. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

We just kinda threw our wedding together. It seems like with Pinterest and all these wedding shows it is all a big too do now.

Our song was Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis... if I could do it over I would pick (in no particular order)......

Two Fine People by Cat Stevens
    Collide by Howie Day
    God Only Knows by The Beach Boys

14. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

We did not have a dance. My husband was working out of state and was only in town for 4 days. We had other things to do besides a dance but we had a ton of fun with our wedding music.

Songs used for our wedding before, during and after included songs from Apocalyptica, songs from Last of the Mohicans, Don't Fear the Reaper, Does anyone really know what time it is?, Moment like this (Alison Kraus), songs from Lord of the Rings. The processional included Air, Cannon D, Jesu, Trumpet Voluntary.

We also coordinated the Declaration during the ceremony with 2001 Space Odessey Sprach Zalthustra. It is the one that builds up. You would know it if you heard it. We then led the Recessional with the traditional Star Wars the Throne room/end song.

Our "song" was Moment Like This (its from Twister). Our unofficial song "Don't Fear the Reaper".

15. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I walked down the aisle to a song from LOTR! May It Be by Enya from the The Fellowship of the Ring - just instrumental though. The lyrics aren't quite right for a wedding. ;)

16. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

We used one of the songs that Carl and I listened to a lot when we were first dating, "When the Stars Go Blue". I kinda left it up to him because getting his input on the wedding/reception was like pulling teeth but he DID say that his only request was that he get to dance with me at our wedding.

17. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

At my wedding I had chosen Shania Twain, 'From this Moment'.....But the idiot of a DJ 'couldn't find it, he also couldn't find 'Daddy's Little girl' for my dance with my dad. (whole nother story).

I wouldn't change the song I wanted.......but, like Kate, I would GLADLY change the groom!!!!

1 person likes this.
  18. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I guess to make up for the fact that we don't have a wedding song, we have a running gag of trying to come up with the most inappropriate first dance songs. We have a whole list of those!

19. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

We did nothing traditional really- no dances...we brought speakers, docking station, and our iPod for reception and I made a playlist. I did have Jack Johnson's "Better Together" play at the ceremony though- which was outdoors at a park.

edited to add no, I wouldn't change it..I LOVE Jack Johnson!