Can I whine?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by rrodman, Jul 27, 2013.

1. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I feel silly whining on a board of women pregnant with twins, but can I please? I remember having pain with the twins the last couple months, and I have some of that this time. But this time (I'm 35 weeks now), I am just so uncomfortable. Every inch of me. It's not so much pain--just discomfort. I want to rip my skin off and claw at my insides. What the hell is this? I can't sleep. It's uncomfortable to lay down, sit, stand, walk, etc. My legs and feet are swollen, my hips and back hurt, my stomach hurts, and every inch of me is uncomfortable, down to fingers and toes. Any suggestions beyond toughing it out for 4 more weeks until I have this baby and am never pregnant again?

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Get in the pool. It's the only time I felt cool and reasonably comfortable with the boys.

Were Jack and Anna summer babies? Being pregnant in summer is just plain awful.

Are you itchy or is it discomfort?

3. rrodman

Jack and Anna were February babies, which is probably the difference. Not really itchy--restless feeling and discomfort.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

What is your blood pressure? I have no experience being pregnant in the summer, but I imagine its pretty rough. Feel better!

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'd blame the heat. Even at this stage, I feel way worse than I did with either of my first two pregnancies. It's like the heat just magnifies every little complaint.

6. rrodman

BP has been pretty normal. Generally 120/70. Only time it was high was when I was in the hospital sick that one night. I think you guys are right about the heat. I haven't slept with covers in months. I may crank down the AC tonight and see if that makes me more comfortable overnight. I also think being pregnant at 37 is just suckier than being pregnant at 31 was.

7. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!! i'll be 33 weeks tomorrow. seriously, i've been uncomfortable this entire pregnancy. and yeah, being pregnant at 36 is much tougher than being pregnant at 30! and my girls were october babies, so i was pretty much just as pregnant with them at this time in the summer. but now, i'm just always hot, irritated, uncomfortable, and pretty mean lol

just think: 6 months from now, this will be a distant memory :) lol

8. rrodman

Glad to have someone to commiserate with in my whining! Only 3 weeks and 4 days until my csection!

9. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I had Spencer at 38 and I think age might have something to do with it. It was definitely my hardest delivery and recovery, but I was also surprised to feel like you do, after toughing out twins the last time. I also loved being in the water, when I could swing it.

10. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

Me too and I have 11 more weeks to go... I just asked the Hubs to book me a room at a hotel with a pool just so I can float in some cool water.

11. rrodman

I need a pool.

12. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

i have 5 weeks and 6 days before my c/s! it can't come fast enough! (tho at the same time, i'm terrified of surgery and recovery blah)...

we got the girls one of those quickset pools with a filter... it's big enough for me to float in it, and that's what i do! they swim around me and i just float... and they cheer when i get out lol