August Activity Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by kingeomer, Aug 1, 2013.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Great job in July ladies!
    Continue to post your workout/healthy eating/goals here!

I have to get DH to measure me tonight to see how I ended the 90 day warrior program.

Today I will start the hasfit 30 day abs and 30 days to get into shape.

1 person likes this.
  2. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hasfit warrior part 3 workout

1 person likes this.
  3. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Nancy, I can't wait to see your results! :D I'm sure it'll be impressive.

I am still doing the Insanity workout the second round and now decided that my next one will be the Focus T25 (as soon as I can carve another $140 out of our budget for it)

Keep up the good work ladies!

1 person likes this.
  4. ljcrochet

Nancy how was your results?

1 person likes this.
  5. kingeomer

Thanks for asking Lisa!
    From 4/1-before starting the whole has fit program, I dropped a total 13.5 inches adding up all areas. The biggest difference was my waist. My forearms stayed the same.
    From 5/1-pre the 90 day program, I dropped 7.5 inches.

I was pretty happy with those results. Even though when DH and I did the first measurements, I am not sure how accurate we were in measuring, we did the best we could. So I figure I will measure again after doing another 30 day program with has fit and then restarting the 90 day program and upping my intensity when I do both.

Thursday, I felt like crap, so I took the day off
    Yesterday, I did the walk with the kids, has fit abs day 1, has fit 30 day get in shape day 1 and zumba class
    Today, will be an elliptical/bike combo for 45 minutes and has fit day 2 of each the 30 day and abs.

1 person likes this.
  6. ljcrochet

[​IMG] That is great results.
    Last night I did hasfit week 11 day 3.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great results Nancy!

I have been watching all y'alls progress, and started the 30 day ab challenge this month. I have also been going to the gym for cardio every other day for the last couple of weeks.

1 person likes this.
  8. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I've been hit and miss at the gym for the last few weeks. We got my (step) dad's cancer diagnosis, had family from out of state visit, and went on a week vacation and I've not been in any kind of routine. Ugh.

Goal for August: exercise at least 4 times a week and report it on here (for accountability!).

Today: 2 mile walk with the dogs in the hills behind my parents farm land

1 person likes this.
  9. kingeomer

:hug: Thanks ladies!
    Kristi-I am sorry about your stepdad's diagnosis :grouphug:
    Jen-let us know how the challenge is going for you!

Yesterday was a has fit day off and I did zumba
    Today will be a walk around the neighborhood with the kids. has fit day 3 of the 30 day challenge to get in shape and abs.

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kristi, I'm sorry to hear that your stepdad has cancer. :(

I will be posting much more in here- Ben and I are playing the Game On diet again against eachother so I'll be much more consistent. We've decided to exercise together most mornings which means 5:15a. I broke him in easy with a hasfit Look Good Naked video... and may have almost killed him. :laughing: On the upside, having him do it with me kept me motivated to get to the end.

1 person likes this.
  11. ljcrochet

Kristi: so sorry about your step dad.

I have no clue if I posted but I did hasfit week 12 day 3 and 5 on Saturday and Sunday. I could not believe how long day 5 was. It was over an hour. Most of them are about 30-40 minutes.

1 person likes this.
  12. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Thanks all, for the sentiments about my step-dad. I hate using the word "step" because it feels like it takes away from what he's truly been to my brother and myself growing up and as an adult. He's been the kind of dad to us that any person would love to have.

Yesterday I did a Hasfit workout, but I'd have to get on my other computer to see which one. It kicked my butt, but right now, that's not too hard! :laughing: :) I also took the dogs on another walk at my parents farm.

Not sure what I'll do today. My plan is to do the next Hasfit workout. I'm taking the kids to a water park this afternoon, so at least I won't be idle. :)

1 person likes this.
  13. cheezewhiz24

Aww, it's the same way with DH's stepdad. He IS his dad.

14. kingeomer

Kristi-Whenever I refer to my Dad on this website, he is really my step dad. I had a hard time calling him Dad when he was alive because I could get the loser image of my bio dad out of my head at that time...but he was really the only Dad I had and I miss him every day. He's the man who walked me down the aisle and he was Pop-Pop to my kids very briefly before he passed. :hug: to you.
    Michelle-Best of luck to you and hubs as you do another Game On challenge! Let us know how you make out.

Yesterday-I took the day off
    Today is day 5 of both the 30 day challenge at has fit and the abs. Providing we can get out before it rains, the kids and I will take our daily walk and I will hit the gym when the hubs gets home from work.

15. cheezewhiz24

Yesterday I did Hasfit- look good naked but today I didn't want to get up at 5:15a! So I'm going to walk and run later.

Game on is going well. 2 perfect days this far and I feel so stinking better physically while doing it. Plus when I sit down to meals I really like what I'm eating and don't think I'm depriving myself (ok, the ice cream in the freezer would be nice to eat by the gallon....)

1 person likes this.
  16. ljcrochet

Last night was week 12 day 6

1 person likes this.
  17. ljcrochet

last night was week 13 day 1 of hasfit. Without thinking about it I did the full sets of pushup in the first video. I could not do the balistic pushup (well i could do one but then I fell so I did them the modified way) in the second video.

1 person likes this.
  18. kingeomer

:woo: Lisa! I cannot do the ballistic pushups, I don't feel steady enough and have to do it the modified way.
    Today I did day 6 of hasfit 30 day get in shape and six pack abs, 45 minutes at the gym on the bike and elliptical
    Tomorrow will be zumba class, has fit week 2 day 1 of both the 30 day get in shape and six pack abs.

19. ljcrochet

Hasfit week 13 day 2

20. ljcrochet

Hasfit week 13 day 2

21. ljcrochet

Wee!week 13 day 3

1 person likes this.
  22. cheezewhiz24

Yesterday I did a Jillian Michaels DVD and now today I curse her when I move, cough or sneeze.

Tonight I did yoga with Ben which was very gentle, fortunately.

Tomorrow we will hike a bit on the mountain we got married on.

1 person likes this.
  23. kingeomer

Yesterday was has fit week 2 day 2 of the 30 day challenge and abs and 30 minutes of zumba video online
    Today is most likely going to be a day off. The hubs wants to take the kids to Sesame Place, so I guess all that walking around should be my workout.
    Tomorrow will be has fit week 2 day 3 of both the 30 day challenge and abs and then probably a video online. If the weather is good, the kids and I will also walk in the AM.

24. ljcrochet

Hasfits 30 minute mma workout

1 person likes this.
  25. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Hello Ladies! I am now just stalling time with insanity / occasional running. I'm ready for my next big thing Les Mills Combat!
    How is everyone doing?

1 person likes this.
  26. kingeomer

What's Les Mills Combat? That sounds interesting!
    Things are going well here. Re-doing has fit and I've definitely noticed the improvement the second time around. I'll be curious to see how it goes when I do the 90 day warrior again. I still cannot go all the way down with a regular push up but I can get almost half way there, which is improvement for me when I felt like I barely moved.

Today is hasfit 30 day to get in shape week 2 day 6 and same with has fit 30 day abs. I will also do a you tube video as well, probably a latin dance one.

27. kingeomer

Today-walk with the kids, has fit week 3 day 1 of the 30 day get into shape and same for the has fit abs. Probably also the gym after dinner, the elliptical probably for 30 minutes.

28. ljcrochet

last night i did what I could of hasfit's warrior part 3 workout due to my shoulder

1 person likes this.
  29. cheezewhiz24

Yesterday I walke with the kids and today will likely be more of the same. I'm sick with a cold so it's about all I can manage. Fortunately "I got my diet right" so I'm still actually losing weight with 'just a walk' happening.

1 person likes this.
  30. kingeomer

Lisa-I hope the shoulder starts to feel better soon!
    Michelle-Feel better and I am glad the weight is still coming off!

Yesterday, a day off.
    Today-walk with the kids, has fit week 3 day 2 with the 30 day challenge and abs 30 day, and zumba class.

31. cheezewhiz24

Thank you Nancy! I'm getting better but still do not have the lung capacity to do jumping jacks, etc. So I'm walking. Still walking. Kind of bored with walking (even though I change up the direction, all roads lead home). I think today we will go out to different local parks to pick one for the boys' birthday party and I'll walk there.

1 person likes this.
  32. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi all.. good to see everyone's been working hard!

I have been biking to work while the kids are off of daycare, which is about 40 minutes of biking/day. I have also been hitting the elliptical 2-3 times a week, except for last week when we were camping and I was hiking every day instead. Today I plan on doing an elliptical workout and I am going to book a personal training session next week to start a weights program.

The biggest change for me is that I started using the diet and activity tracker through my gym, so for the first time in my life I am "counting calories" in a way. It's not the best tool because it doesn't really track whether you're eating a balanced diet, but it's at least a gauge to keep me more conscious of exercise vs. calories.

1 person likes this.
  33. kingeomer

Jen, I use one of those calorie trackers and it does help me to keep it real. I do need to work on a balanced diet. I'm getting better but I still have improvements to make. Way to go with the working out!
    Michelle, I am glad you are feeling better. I understand walking to the same spots can be boring, glad you can change it up!

Today is has fit week 3 day 3 of both the abs and 30 day challenge. I will also do 30 minutes on the elliptical.
    Tomorrow is a hasfit day off and I will go to zumba class.

34. ljcrochet

Didn't do a real workout today, but did climb up 354 steps to the top of the drown in the statue of libery (and down after). Then walked 2 miles (had to burn off calories before lunch)

1 person likes this.
  35. kingeomer

Those steps sound like a real workout to me!
    Yesterday was a has fit day off and I went to zumba class
    Today will be a walk with the kids, has fit week 3 day 5 for both the 30 day challenge and abs

1 person likes this.