I swear I only left the room for five minutes!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Utopia122, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Okay, so I was getting the girls ready for bed and put on The Grinch for them to watch while I gathered their jammies and other stuff for bed--oh, yeah, and I checked my email in the next room--I swear five minutes tops ;) . I could hear them doing their usual yelling at the Grinch to go to time out because he was taking toys so I figure they're doing fine. Well, I go into the living room to put on jammies and, oh, my, they are finger painting with the diaper cream :D . Of course, pictures are attached. I think next time I should make sure they can't get to the diaper cream--well, I really don't have to worry about that now because they used it all.

Attached Files:

2. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Oh my!

I can not imagine cleaning up that mess! (I'd laugh, but I'm afraid of what my two will do one day, so I better not.)

3. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

:eek: and :laughing:

So far we haven't experienced that yet...the dog however has eaten a tube of desitin and thus painted my carpet with it! <_<

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:eek: I guess now you have to add a bath to their bedtime routine tonight!! Great pictures, but I am sorry that you have to clean up the mess!

5. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Seriously, the fact that your daughter is wearing her hat cracked me up!!!!! What a mess!!!

6. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Nov 6 2008, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1060149[/snapback]
    Seriously, the fact that your daughter is wearing her hat cracked me up!!!!! What a mess!!!

I was going to say the SAME thing! I was rolling!! :lol: :lol: Sorry about the clean up but it made for a great photo-op. ;)

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:laughing: My dd's a hat wearing girl a lot of the time. I've just had to scrub crayon off of the couch. :)

8. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Nov 6 2008, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1060147[/snapback]
    :eek: I guess now you have to add a bath to their bedtime routine tonight!! Great pictures, but I am sorry that you have to clean up the mess!

Ohh, yes. But you know, I should have just rubbed it in like lotion because once they hit the water I couldn't get the stuff off. Crazy!!

9. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Utopia122 @ Nov 6 2008, 07:02 PM) [snapback]1060179[/snapback]
    Ohh, yes. But you know, I should have just rubbed it in like lotion because once they hit the water I couldn't get the stuff off. Crazy!!

I didn't even think about that!! :crazy:

10. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

Oh Boy, looks like they were working on a masterpiece painting. :D

The hat is really funny! :lol:

Sorry about the clean-up.

11. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Oh My...What a masterpiece that they created...I mean a mess for you to clean up! LOL!!!
    They are adorable!! The hat is too cute!

12. debid

debid Well-Known Member

You seriously LUCKED OUT! At least a table and two kids can be washed leaving no evidence for later; it could have been grease stains on the carpet, couch, and walls... and the hat is cracking me up. :lol: Time to put the ointment out of reach. Mine is on the top shelf and I'm sure you can guess why.

13. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

oh, i'm so sorry! DS did that once (with the big $17 tub of triple paste, no less--why couldn't he grab the desitin?), and it took 3 days of double and triple shampoos at bathtime to get it out!! at least she wore a hat and her head was protected ;)

14. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

we had a vaseline incident with Becca (no clue where the pictures are), but dish soap works as does a clarifying shampoo.

15. Invetro Mommy

Invetro Mommy Well-Known Member

I know the feeling.....mine dumped the deep fryer on to my carpet floor, got into a bag of brown sugar and emtied a whole case of Kraft Dinner once too!! Little stinkers! :eek:

16. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Nov 6 2008, 09:48 PM) [snapback]1060149[/snapback]

ditto that - I was rolling - sorry they elevated your coffee table to Picasso's latest :hug:

17. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:laughing: Hope it wasn't too big of a pain to clean up!

18. Andrea415

Andrea415 Active Member

^_^ Oh my what a mess but thanks for sharing the photos they are too cute.

19. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:laughing:

20. Renald99

Renald99 Well-Known Member

Nice Hat ;)

21. sellet04

sellet04 Well-Known Member

Before I saw the pics I was gonna say been there done that, but OMG that is a lot!!! Hilarious though!

We have had this done with vasaline, diaper cream, and vicks. You would think we would learn, but all you have to do is not realize it is not up high and leave the room for 2 seconds.

Anyway, hilarious pics!

22. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Great picture! I hope it wasn't too hard to clean up. My godchildren (then 2 year old twins) did the same thing with vaseline (they got the mirror, the comforter, and some clothes). Hope the rest of the night was uneventful!

23. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

OMG! That is freakin' hilarious, but only because it's not my house, LOL. I, too, love the choice of attire -- diaper and hat are best to fingerpaint in, heehee.

We once had a Vaseline incident -- my two got the big jar open and rubbed it into all the diapers sitting in the cabinet, so I had a mountain of greasy crumpled-up diapers....but I dunno how I'd react to a white coffee table. :lol:

24. TwoPeanuts

TwoPeanuts Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo, that is some work of art and I love the hat. :D Your picture is awesome.....

Ryan and Matthew did something similar when they were almost two. They had just learned how to get out of their cribs and it was EARLY morning (like 5 am or something). I came into their room becasue I saw the light on and oh my....they had finger painted themselves, books, carpet with a brand new tube of budreaux's (spelling) butt paste. It was such a mess. I even called Budreaux's to ask them how I might get their butt paste out of carpet...she just laughed at me. I was never able to get it completely out of their carpet.

25. Gordana

Gordana Well-Known Member

OMG! I busted a gut laughing at your pictures. I just put my kids down for a nap, good thing my kids aren't sleeping otherwise I would have woke them up with my laughing. And that hat is priceless. :rotflmbo:

26. keejaylove

keejaylove Well-Known Member

My question is how you got it all off...? diaper cream is a pain to clean up. and the hat makes the whole picture!
    We had a vaselline incident with my daughter and her friend... got down to their skivvies and wiped it all over each other and the walls! we never got the greasy hand prints to go away...

QUOTE(Invetro Mommy @ Nov 7 2008, 06:35 AM) [snapback]1060408[/snapback]
    I know the feeling.....mine dumped the deep fryer on to my carpet floor, got into a bag of brown sugar and emtied a whole case of Kraft Dinner once too!! Little stinkers! :eek:

Wow! I think that takes the cake... the visual I'm getting is awful :eek: we need to see pics of that! that would be a good thread... all of our messy memories :p

27. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

Those pictures are priceless! How did you ever get that cream off of them, it doesn't really wash off? I hope it didn't take you long to clean up.