Mother's Day Out ?'s

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by serranoboys, Feb 18, 2009.

1. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

I found a MDO program that I LOVE and I've decided to enroll the boys in the fall. Registration begins March 1st so I really could use some positive stories to refer to to keep me from chickening out again. If any of you could help, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'd love to hear how long it took them to adjust, whether or not you noticed social improvements after a point, etc. My boys are really timid around kids their age (make best friends with teenagers and adults) and while I have a feeling it's perfectly normal, I would like to see this change a bit. They're quite socialized- we've always been in Gymboree, music class, weekly play dates, etc. So it may just be their personality. Anyhoo, I'd love to hear all your experiences...good or bad. Oh, and here are the latest pics of the little boogers :D .

View attachment 5107

View attachment 5108

Attached Files:

2. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

All of my kids have been at an MDO program 2 x a week. My oldest has been in since she was 6 months old all the way through the preschool that is there. My twins have been in since they were 4 months old and now will be starting preschool there in the fall. I love, love, love this place. It's a great place to start to get them into a place to socialize ect... Do it you will not regret it!

3. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

omg are they cutest boys ever!!!

4. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

The older they get, the cuter they get (and they have always been adorable!). Great photography!

No experience w/ MDO, sorry. It's not really a popular thing around here. :-(

5. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I just saw these on your blog the other day, SO CUTE!! :wub: And great job with the background, very cool!

6. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

Your boys are ADORABLE!
    I have enrolled my boys as well for MDO in the fall 1 day a week so no experience yet. They are also in need of socilaization and they are SUPER clingy with me so I'm hoping things go well!

7. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

What cutie pies!!!! :)

8. ksugal

ksugal Well-Known Member

Our boys started MDO when they were right about 18 mos. It was hard at first b/c we really hadn't done a lot of me leaving them someplace besides at my folks very rarely. It was ugly, I won't lie. They bawled hysterically when I left but I would wait down the hall and they always calmed down rather quickly. Sometimes, they got so upset upon my return, like they realized how hard it had been for them.

But, here we are at 22 months and they LOVE going. I'll ask them on MDO morning if they are ready to go play with their friends and they get excited and say yes. They walk right in, give kisses and run off. Sometimes nowadays, they get mad when I return to pick them up.

In the beginning, it took a few weeks to get used to the transition but it does happen, I promise and you will come to CHERISH that time!!