Rave reviews from my girls for their red wagon

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by [email protected], Apr 26, 2009.

1. trudyhm@att.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

A friend suggested that I get the girls a wagon a month or so ago and I wasn't too sure it was something I'd really need. I had just spent a fortune on a Baby Jogger stroller and was using that on our walks. The girls have never enjoyed their stroller rides, so I thought I'd give the wagon a try. Once I put it together, I didn't think the girls would be big enough to sit on the hard, flat seats, but the little seat belts held them in well. My girls immediately LOVED the wagon! They were captivated by the 360 degree view and could have ridden in it all afternoon if I had let them. They love looking at each other and taking toys from each other, watching the dogs running around, and I think they like being able to see me in front of them unlike the jogging stroller where I'm behind them.

I can throw in a bunch of toys in the bottom between them and they can entertain themselves when they get bored with the scenery (they have started the game of throwing them out!), allowing me to go on 45 minute walks instead of 15 minute walks in the stroller. Of course, my pace with the wagon in slower than with the jogging stroller, but the wagon gives more resistance so you get a good work out even though you can't go too fast.

We just got clearance to go out in public with the girls and they're quite scared of strangers and new places. We took them to our local Mexican restaurant in their wagon and let them sit in it and play with their toys while we ate. They were content the whole meal and had a great time. We've taken them out to eat three times now in their wagon and it has worked great.

My new stroller hasn't left the garage since the wagon arrived. I truly could have gone from the snap-n-go to the wagon and skipped the double jogger at this point. We're going on vacation this June and the wagon is making the trip in lieu of the stroller.

Here is the wagon we have.

Attached Files:

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

So cute! Glad they like it!

3. tashatank24

tashatank24 Well-Known Member

Such cute pics, Super cute girls!! Thanks for the idea, we may need to try that in a few months...

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Wow, they look like they love it. Very cute!!

5. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Such cute pictures! So glad they love it so much.

Mine love their wagon too. It also doubles as another toy. When we're outside they take turns pushing each other around the backyard.

6. trudyhm@att.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Glad to hear they'll enjoy it for many months to come and will have fun pushing each other around! I would have never thought this would be such a source of enjoyment and entertainment for my girls, plus a fantastic mode of transportation, so I had to pass it on!

7. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Wow! They are adorable! That wagon is great! I like how it has a seat back.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Absolutely precious! I am so glad that they love their wagon!

9. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

So cute! Thanks for posting this as I'm trying to convince my DH that we need a wagon for the girls and he was like 'Why?'. I had him read your post and we will now be getting them one for their first birthday. :) Thanks for convincing my husband.

10. Natalochka

Natalochka Well-Known Member

I think we are now going to get one too! Dh and I loved the pic of your girls! :p

11. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

We have that wagon too and just love it!!! Your twins are precious!!

12. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

That is the wagon I wanted to get the boys for their first birthday, but my dh wants the traditional metal body with the wood sides. Your girls look so cute in the wagon.