True Blood

Discussion in 'General' started by cclott, May 5, 2009.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am having enough trouble waiting two weeks for the next episode. The only thing I can think of to hold me over until 2010 is to have nice daydreams about Eric...sigh...:blush:

2. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Yikes...am I the only one who didn't care for the queen? I don't know, I just felt her acting was over the top and I kept "hearing" and "seeing" her delivering lines off a script. I don't know, maybe years of studying acting just makes me watch things in a different way but I was not digging her. I found her annoying. Maybe that's the way she's supposed to be and perhaps she will grow on me. I thought sookie (well, the actress playing sookie) was over the top at first too (still do at times) but I have come to like her.

3. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I've tried, I've really tried to love this show. I normally love this sort of thing. But I had a dream nightmare about aliens (who had the strange blacked out eyes) and Matt Lauer interviewing mer and I just cannot go there. [​IMG] (Too much NyQuil?)

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I'll give you that, she was annoying but I thought it was annoying how needy she was... making Bill stay and all. :pardon:

:huh: Step away from the medicine, Kim, step away. :p What do aliens have to do with vampires? I mean I can see how Matt Lauer fits in, but aliens? :pardon:

5. TwinLove

It's tonight ladies!! :woo: :woo:

I have to admit, the two week wait really did take away from the excitement for me. :pardon: It better be good. :diablo:

6. kingeomer

I have to agree with that sentiment Liz. I just hope for a great episode with a lot more Eric ;)

7. TwinLove

I can't wait to hear what you all think of tonight's episode!!

So do you think it was Eric at the end? Or is that too predictable?

*Oh, and definately not enough Eric. :spiteful:

8. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

VERY disappointing!!!!!! Actually I HATED the very end!!!! I also thought the whole thing with Maryanne was a bit anti-climatic. I can already see how they're leading into next season and I have a feeling that I'll be disappointed with that. To tell you the truth this whole thing about showing Eric in a negative light is really getting old! If things don't end in season three like they do in the book and Bill once again gets a pass then I think I'm done with the show. I have no problem with varying from the books but when the characters aren't the same and major events get changed to favor the directors preference, it's really ridicules.

9. TwinLove

I do agree with how it ended with maryanne, but then again, I'm just glad she is gone. :blush: I was sad about Eggs... one less hottie. ;)

As for Eric, I only know him as the "bad" guy and getting somewhat nicer, but I'm guessing he's really nice in the books. :pardon:

10. kingeomer

I liked it, I think if the show had aired last week I would have liked it better without setting such high expectations.
    Sam is made of win, man. I :wub: Sam. Probably the realest character on that show. Loved seeing him take down Maryanne. Not sure if anyone knew this but in the scene in Merlottes when Sam was talking to the curly haired lady with glasses at the bar, that was the author Charlaine Harris.
    I am wondering if Sam will find his parents.
    Definitely not enough Eric, but in the small scene I did like the Queen better. I think that scene was a false set up for everyone to think Eric did it. I am really hoping he did not because it would not be much of a cliffhanger. I imagine that is going to be Sookie's first guess.
    I think the show really slowed down after Maryanne was taken care of, I don't think we needed the extended scene in Merlottes or schmoopy Sookie & Bill.
    I felt bad for Eggs, Tara and Hoyt.
    So who do you think nabbed Bill and why? I think Eric is too obvious, so I rule him out. I leaning towards either a vengeful Lorena after Bill sent her away from Godric's house or the Fellowship of the Sun, who might have the Stackhouse siblings on their radar.

11. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

"I would wear him like a scrunchie!" :rotflmbo: I am still laughing about that!

12. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

My husband never watches and last night he said, "that lady is going to marry a bull. What kinda show is this!!" He was a little disturbed LOL.

It was alright, I liked the twist with Sam.

13. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

i was slightly disappointed in the episode as well--quite disappointed at the lack of eric--but it just seemed uneventful, since they had already "told" us how they were going to take maryanne down in the previous ep anyway--and they stuck true to the formula (with the nice twist that sam gets to stay alive) so i agree it was pretty anti-climactic.

i totally missed the thing with jessica and hoyt, did she actually go apologize like she told bill, or did she just head straight for the trucker? i think i missed something...

and i'm a little bummed bill has no leverage on eric now with the queen being behind the V dealing....

14. eliseypoo7147

eliseypoo7147 Well-Known Member

I totally agree, but since we give away too much when we talk about the books- I can't really say what I think about the show and how its going to tie into season 3. But this seasons story line was really annoying. I hope next season is better.

I think the middle of the show was very long and drawn out. The Mary Anne thing was getting old, so I am so glad it is over. I feel so bad for Sam. When did he fall out of love with Sookie though? In the beginning of the first season he was head over heels for her- and now its like he only likes her as a friend. And Jessica! What is she doing? Bill is going to be SOOOO mad. Tsk Tsk. The whole engagement thing is rediculous. Seriously, how would life be between a mr. vampire & a MRS. human? I wonder if the engagement ring they used is the ring he REALLY gave her. The ending didn't even leave me want more... I am definetly welcoming the break. Hopefully the writers do a better job next seaon.

15. TwinLove

I took it as her going directly to the trucker. :acute: She just lied to Bill to get him off her back. :pardon: I think.

I agree with you on being disappointed that he has NOTHING over Eric (eventhough I want Eric to win ;) ) but it would have made it more dramatic. :woo:

DO you all think it's Eric that captures him in the end? (Answer only if you are guessing :lol: )

I don't think he ever fell out of love with her, just moved on. She told him (and he saw) that she was head over heels in :wub: with Bill, I guess.

16. eliseypoo7147

eliseypoo7147 Well-Known Member

NO way it was Eric. That would be wayyyyy too predictable. I think the queen probably hired someone and took it upon herself to take care of Bill.

17. kingeomer

I have to say that I secretly wish Sookie would see the light and go for Sam...what a lucky girl she is to have a hot suitor (Bill) and two hot potential suitors (Eric and Sam).

18. TwinLove

:slap: For wanting her with Sam, that's just not as steamy. :spiteful: Sam is cute but not :spiteful: (IMO)

I agree too predictable for it to be Eric... hmmmm, how far away is June? :umm:

19. kingeomer

:laughing: Sam is like one of those good, dependable guys that you know would treat you right. But, looks wise, in no league with Eric that's for sure.
    June is too far away. It's way too predictable for it to be Eric behind the Bill-napping. I just wonder who else has a beef with Bill, or is using Bill to get back at someone else :unsure:

20. TwinLove

Maybe it's Sam and he's pissed off at him for making him risk his life. :pardon: Could happen. :laughing:

21. kingeomer

Well, Sam was out of town...it is certainly a possibility. "Grumble..grumble...Bill...oh yeah let me take the knife and have to drink your blood...power tripping vampire...grumble...grumble.." :)

22. Neumsy

Neumsy Well-Known Member

I'm addicted to this show for SURE, but I'm not coming here, as we're a season behind in the UK and I don't want too many spoilers! Eeeee! Love it!

23. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

remember the queen told eric to take care of bill but i don't think eric would do it himself. those wrists looked awfully girly

24. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

I have a theory but it is probably based on the books and I don't want to say. But I agree that Eric doing it himself would be too predictable.

25. TwinLove

Good catch, I'll have to re-watch the episode and pay attention. :good:

26. HamiltonDad

HamiltonDad Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that found this season reeeeally disappointing? I thought s1 was good and was looking forward to s2, but I found it hard to get through. The whole MaryAnn thing dragged on waaaaay too long, IMO...

...sorry if I've offended all the loyal TB lovers - I really did like the show - and will watch again next season, but this season just didn't do it for me... :unknw:

27. TwinLove

I can agree with you somewhat HamiltonDad. I did expect more and the season started off good, IMO, really good... then sort of lost it's flame and like you said, the Maryann thing took too long. :lazy: But I enjoyed getting to know Eric a bit more. ;)

Next season will be better... next season will be better... just keep on repeating and it will happen. :unsure:

28. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

For those of you that have read the books, correct me if I am wrong.....

But it seems to me that they are taking each book and getting one major story line and expanding on it to make a whole season. I didn't enjoy the MaryAnne storyline in the book nor the show. I really wanted it to end quickly but did enjoy how they have fleshed out some of the characters just for the show. I really hope that for next season the things that happen in the next book they really don't over play the bad and emphasize the better ones.
    Having already been head over heels for Eric, reading the books made it even more so. For those of you needing a fix until the new season starts read the books. They are really wonderful!

29. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone else has seen this. I got such a kick out of it tonight! A bottle of "Tru Blood" View attachment 5952

Maybe Eric dropped it by? (sigh) My friend... a die hard fan bought some on an HBO website and dropped me off one tonight. I think I'll crack it tomorrow night. Thinking it might taste good with some vodka. :) Too fun!

Attached Files:

30. kingeomer

That is too cool, let us know how it tastes! And if Eric did drop it by, can you tell him to see me too ?

31. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

Tell Eric just to drop himself on by.......DH is gone for the weekend! :girl_devil:

32. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

LMBO. :rotflmbo: Wicked!

I will let you know how it tastes. My friend compared it to cherry soda. We shall see. Wonder if it will have any special effects like vampire blood?? <_<

33. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Well I've read the book but promised I would not reveal anything you couldn't gather from the show