boppy pillows

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by newtothis, May 6, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i have two boppy pillows.
    can i not use these to breastfeed? i really dont want to buy anyting else, lol!

2. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

I am sure the boppy's will be fine, especially if you have two! I only have one boppy, and from the experience with my daughter, I don't think I could position two on their properly. So, I am going to purchase the EZ 2 Nurse twins pillow that I have read about online.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had two boppy pillows-an used those until they were a year old! I did not use them for breast feeding, as I ended up pumping. But I did use them to prop the boys up on the couch to feed them. Then, once they could hold their own bottles, I put them in the boppy's and they stayed there drinking their bottles. Loved them!

4. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

My sister said it was very helpful to have 2 boppys. She wasn't able to nurse her twins but she used them for feeding and for tummy time.

5. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I have no personal experience, but I have heard a lot of moms prefer the EZ 2 nurse pillows. I would try the boppy's first and if it doesn't work out then you can try something else.

6. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

The boppies didn't work for me for breastfeeding (I ended up using regular pillows) but I did use the boppies for everything else, and they're still useful with two year old twins.

7. m2bx2

m2bx2 Active Member

What's a boppy pillow?! This sounds like crucial knowledge!

8. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

I hated the boppy for nursing my singletons so I can't imagine using it for twins. I don't see how you would be able to use both at the same time so you'd have to fit both twins onto one boppy.

9. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

QUOTE(m2bx2 @ May 6 2009, 06:08 PM) [snapback]1303600[/snapback]
    What's a boppy pillow?! This sounds like crucial knowledge!

Its a C-shaped pillow that you put around your waist to prop the baby on when breastfeeding, but is also great to prop the babies themselves up in. If you walk down the breastfeeding isle at babiesrus, there are a bunch of em.

10. newpairofschus

newpairofschus Well-Known Member

I'm not one to fall for the "twin" marketed stuff out there, but the EZ 2 nurse was pretty much the one non-negotiable must-have item for me. No way 2 boppies (or one) will do the same thing. I nursed my singleton for 14 mos and found the boppy moderately helpful then (but truthfully, I didn't use it all the time), but I just don't see it working for two. You'd be better off trying to use pillows than the boppy, IMO. That's not to say they're not useful. PP's have already given you some great ideas and I'm keeping mine for some of the reasons mentioned..I just don't think they'll do anything for tandem breastfeeding. :pardon:

I found mine on eBay (NIP) for a good price. I've even seen them listed for sale here. I think it'll be worth every penny and would've shelled out full price if I had to.

Eve

11. lorinboyett

lorinboyett Well-Known Member

I am not going to breastfeed but I already have one. Should I get a second one if I plan to have them on the same feeding schedule?

12. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

I have 2 boppys and a EZ 2 Nurse pillow, and they all get used and abused!! The boppys are great for all the uses listed above and they are great for feeding just one baby, like when DH is home helping.

QUOTE(lorin @ May 7 2009, 02:02 PM) [snapback]1304596[/snapback]
    I am not going to breastfeed but I already have one. Should I get a second one if I plan to have them on the same feeding schedule?

I originally got my EZ 2 Nurse pillow for breast feeding but I stopped after 2 1/2 weeks, but i still used mine all the time to feed the babies when im at home alone. 1 side is curved, great for nursing, but if you flip it over it is flat and it is AWESOME for feeding both babies at the same time. I don't know how other people feed both babies without it, but i do know that when i have to feed the babies with just the boppy it is a LOT more cumbersome and not as easy. Here is a pic of me feeding my babies on my EZ 2 Nurse pillow..

Attached Files:

13. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

That is what I plan on using to breastfeed. I used just one to bf my two older girls and didn't really care for it b/c it didn't prop them up high enough. Two (one underneath the other) is much more comfortable and brings the baby (babies) right up to the right level.

Good luck w/BF and hopefully we find that this works with the twins!

14. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

I just used regular boppy pillow and had no issues!

15. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Sisrea @ May 7 2009, 08:55 PM) [snapback]1305244[/snapback]
    I have 2 boppys and a EZ 2 Nurse pillow, and they all get used and abused!! The boppys are great for all the uses listed above and they are great for feeding just one baby, like when DH is home helping.
    I originally got my EZ 2 Nurse pillow for breast feeding but I stopped after 2 1/2 weeks, but i still used mine all the time to feed the babies when im at home alone. 1 side is curved, great for nursing, but if you flip it over it is flat and it is AWESOME for feeding both babies at the same time. I don't know how other people feed both babies without it, but i do know that when i have to feed the babies with just the boppy it is a LOT more cumbersome and not as easy. Here is a pic of me feeding my babies on my EZ 2 Nurse pillow..

Cute pic!

16. forbiddendonut

forbiddendonut Well-Known Member

17. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

Another vote for keeping the boppies for other uses and investing in an EZ2 nurse pillow. We fooled around with the boppy in the early months, and they were nice to have, but the EZ2 nurse pillow was way easier to manage and use. (You can get up and walk around with it strapped to your waist, then sit down again without having to rearrange anything!) The cats, on the other hand, preferred the boppies.