Our Birth story, started out very scary...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by brianamurnion, May 28, 2009.

1. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Well I suppose I need to get on here and let everyone know what the heck is going on with us. My Csection for our second set of twins was scheduled for tomorrow, Friday May 29th, but my impatient girls decided they needed to make a grand entrance into this world. (For those who do not know I was just finishing up my 2nd week of bedrest)

Sunday night my wonderful hubby decided to make me my belated Mother's Day meal, a 20oz Rib Steak, with shrimp and corn on the cob. Well looking back on things I should not have eaten all that, hey hind sight is 20/20 I guess. Well late Sunday I fell asleep on the couch while Owen dinked around on the computer. Around 1AM (monday Memorial Day) I had to get up and go to the bathroom. I came back to sit on the couch and felt a huge gush. 1st thing out of my mouth was, "Call Holy Rosary my water just broke!" Owen said somthing colorful I am sure and was already up out of the recliner grabbing the phone when I looked and realized it was not water but a massive amount of blood. I said, "hang up and call 911!!" and I made my way into the shower (leaving a nice blood trail I was later told) and I stood in there until the EMTs and ambulance arrived. (about 1:15 AM, hospital was still 45 minutes away) I was thinking the worst, ruptured uterus, and Owen told me later he was convinced I was going to die right there or bleed to death in the ambulance. Our great friend Will was there already filling the rinse and vac before I was loaded in the ambulance, you know the guy is a friend when he will clean your wife's amniotic fluid and blood outta the carpet at 2 in the morning.

Well the wonderful ambulance crew got me into Miles City and Owen followed at break neck pace in the pickup. We got in and right away they found both babie's strong heartbeats on the monitor, THANK YOU JESUS! Still didn't know why I was bleeding. By 2:30 AM I was being prepped for my C section and at 3:00 AM on the dot Hannah Faith made her entrance into this world at 6lbs 3oz 18 1/4 inches long, she had slightly wet lungs so she didn't cry for a few minutes. At 3:02 Hayden Grace followed at 5lbs 11oz 18 inches long, screaming her little head off the second she entered the room. Found out after the babies were out that one of the placentas was begining to tear away from the uterus so when my water broke a bunch of blood came with it. Most terrifying miracle I have ever experienced!! I am sure I forgot a TON of details but I am the new mother of 7 little girls give me a break! Thanks to all who were thinking of us and praying for us.

It is now Thursday (would have been 37 weeks today) and we are all home, happy and healthy! The girls are champion nursers, another thing to be thankful for, but not champion sleepers yet... they have not read that far in the book yet! LOL

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Oh my! I'm so glad you and the girls are okay! How scary! Congrats on the birth of set #2. I love their names! Lots of big hugs and welcome back to the First Year! :)

3. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Oh my Briana, that sounds like it was really scary! I'm so thankful everything turned out alright and your precious girls are home with you! I love their names. Are they ones you mentioned here on TS? I don't remember them. You'll have to tell us later when you have time how you came up with them. And be sure to post pictures!

CONGRATS!!!

4. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the world Hannah and Hayden :) Glad everything turned out well... take care of yourself :hug:

5. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Oh yeah pictures! LOL I will put up some from today, the outfits they are in are blue and green with alligators on them.. seriously my DH decided this set of girls we not going to wear pink all the time! And I am too tired to care! LOL

OH and we know they are Frats... this set has different blood types! Hannah is on the left and Hayden is on teh right I believe. These are names we came up with a few hours after their birth. They were almost Madelyn and Macaela! LOL

Attached Files:

6. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Oh Briana!!!!!!

I don't k now why I started to tear up when I read your dear friend was cleaning your blood out of your carpet at 2am! What a good friend! I am SO HAPPY you and the girls are doing so well! How scary!!!!

I can't wait to see some pics of these little miracles!!!

:bday: Hayden
    :bday: Hannah

7. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Just saw you added a pic! :wub: They are so beautiful!! What great sizes they are too!!

8. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Briana, congratulations!! They are so beautiful!!

I am glad yall are all home and doing well!!!

9. lisachalf

lisachalf Well-Known Member

That is a scary beginning! Yikes! I'm glad you and the babies are ok. Congratulations!

10. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats!

11. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Oh wow! I'm so glad everything turned out okay despite the initial scare! They are gorgeous. Congrats!

12. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Congrats Briana! They are adorable.

13. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! They are soooo adorable! Love their names & glad the story ended great! :)

14. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They're so beautiful! Welcome little Hannah and Hayden!

15. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congratulations Briana!! They are beautiful! :wub: What an ordeal you had to go through, but I'm so happy they are home now and safe. :hug: :hug: :hug:

16. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow, that is some start for sure. :woah: Congratulations! :Clap: They are adorable. :wub:

17. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I'm glad everyone was OK. Congrats! They look so cute in that picture.

18. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Look at all that hair! My boys have that much now! They are adorable!

19. lleddinger

lleddinger Well-Known Member

Brianna,
    Congrats on your beautiful girls!! I love their names. Did you end up with your doc that you wanted after all the drama with the clinic and hospital? I learned a lot about Montana from your little ordeal :D

Anyway, glad you are all home and healthy!!

Hannah and Hayden
    :bday:

20. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulaions to all of you! :yahoo: I love the names you chose too, they are adorable! Wow a mom of 7 girls, how neat! I'm glad everything turned out okay despite the scary start!

21. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Thank God for such a happy ending. I can't believe you had two more girls. I remember seeking you out last year when I realized you also had five girls. What a blessing! :)

22. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!!

23. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

Congrats on your beautiful new girls! I'm so glad the story ended so much better than it started.

24. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Congrats, I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out, sorry you had a scare. Take care of those darlings!!!

25. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

:birthday: Hannah!!

:birthday: Hayden!!

:grouphug: Congratulations momma!! I am so glad you got to the hospital in time. I had big :cry: as I was reading this. How very scary!!

26. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Wow, how scary, Briana!! I'm so glad that everything turned out perfectly and that you have 2 beautiful, healthy baby girls at home with you now!!

Congratulations!!! :itwins: They are ADORABLE!! Love the outfits!

I love their names!!! :wub:

27. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

Congrats!! I'm soooooooooo glad all turned out okay!!!!!! What beautiful little girls you have!

28. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

Thank you God! I am so happy that everyone is home safe and sound where you should all be!

29. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

QUOTE(7Ms @ May 28 2009, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1331792[/snapback]
    Oh yeah pictures! LOL I will put up some from today, the outfits they are in are blue and green with alligators on them.. seriously my DH decided this set of girls we not going to wear pink all the time! And I am too tired to care! LOL

OH and we know they are Frats... this set has different blood types! Hannah is on the left and Hayden is on teh right I believe. These are names we came up with a few hours after their birth. They were almost Madelyn and Macaela! LOL

Well it's a good thing you know they have different blood types, because they look alot alike in that picture! They are beautiful. You are one funny couple with the names. Wasn't it Camden not too long ago, LOL?!!! Well I think you guys settled on some great names!

30. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

That had to be terrifying! I'm glad everything turned out ok and your lil girls are adorable! Have fun with them! :wub: I'll admit as i walk through the baby isles at the store, i stare longingly at the adorable lil baby girl clothes knowing we aren't having anymore girls.

31. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Oh Wow! Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful girls and I am so glad you are all home and healthy!!

32. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations Briana!!!! I am so glad that everything turned out perfectly!!!

33. sv2001302

sv2001302 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, they are beautiful.... congratulations! What a birth story too... thank goodness everything ended well.

34. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

CONGRATS! How amazing and scary all wrapped into one!!!

35. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS on you little cuties!!! :wub: :wub: