The Anything Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Couldn't get tickets anymore :( and supported spain because they're staying in our town while here. They're very friendly. No other reason than that :lol: Why root for Chile and not Spain?

I'm not scared of you, I didn;t know so I asked :p and nothing wrong with females taking over

Hope it's going well Joyce!! Great to "see" you :hug:

2. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

Did they stay at the hostel? :p

Nothing as long as they are better than the three male premiers in the past three years :p

3. starmaker

starmaker Well-Known Member

What kinds of things do you need to do? Are you still working? I thought you got your degree some time ago?
    I really haven't been keeping track on anything these last months :blush:

I have been so busy recently I can hardly remember what being bored must feel like :p
    You have holidays right now? Hope you can get busy again very soon ;)

I know, I can't believe it either. He is as cute as he can be and learning to walk. He is such a blessing in my life, despite all the problems I have with his mother.He is absolutely the sweetest nephew anyone could have :wub: I cannot believe he is just a few weeks away from becoming a big brother.

Great to see you as well Brenda, life is finally getting better!
    I have graduated as of this morning!!

I haven't talked to you in some time, how are things going with you? :hug:
    How is Andre doing?

4. Code

Code Well-Known Member

i actually am on my phone so cannot quote you, that is crazy!! excited to have another nephew or neice? Mine turned 5 the other day so have two five year olds and a three year old! They grow up so fast! Congratulations again about graduating :)

arrgh this is harder to use on phone then other sites :(

5. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I seriously cleaned my whole bedroom out today, it's spotless. I found a house for if i get accepted in the other campus, i need to buy furniture eg a bed, desk etc but i have to down size :( makes me sad i love my queen bed :p tuesday week can hurry up! I want to find out if the transfer is accepted :) I actually started a book of my own choice :wub:

6. starmaker

Sort of excited about it, I do not have the best contact with my younger sister. I really love my nephew and I love all children, so in that aspect I am very excited! The situation itself is not good though.

I am not sure if you know, but this sister that is expecting baby number 2 is 19 years old, with no good education (just high school, which does not get you anywhere in this country) no job and doesn't ever seem to take responsibility. Baby number 2 has a different father than her other child (my nephew), neither of the dads are around anymore. Heck I have never even met the father of this 2nd baby, and currently she is dating a guy that isn't the father to either baby. I really don't think my sister is the mother type, she is a child herself having children in my honest opinion. Instead of smoking and hanging around all day long, she should be thinking of her future and that of her two kids,and think of what she is going to do in order to take care of them.
    Sorry for all the venting, but I really wish my sister could appreciate her beautifull boy more and spend more time with him than she does now.

So at least you found some activities to stay busy with ;)

7. Code

Code Well-Known Member

that is sad :( it's ok vent away, it's better then keeping it to yourself! I feel for your nephew. I didnt realise there you needed more then high school! Is it that hard? I know a lot of countries is becoming like it.
    It isn't amusing though, i need to learn something new, that's why i'll just read books i guess :)

8. starmaker

Attached Files:

9. Code

Code Well-Known Member

He is very very cute :wub: :)

10. Code

Code Well-Known Member

He is very very cute :wub: :)

11. Twinrific

I also can't believe he's almost a year old and that #2 is almost here! I'm so glad to hear life is getting better on your side, you deserve it :hug: I'll send you a pm then we can talk some, it would be nice to catch up. ;)

Moving is never fun and college accommodations are usually not the biggest. Good luck with the move, I'm sure you'll love it there despite having to downsize :)

Aww Joyce thanks for sharing pics, he's so big! And those beautiful eyes :wub: he's a handsome little fella!

12. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Moving definitely isn't fun! Although either way this massive clean out had to happen sooner or later :p I won't be living on Uni accomodation, the house is Dad's friends who works nights sleeps days so it's like I will pretty much be there by myself anyway, it is only a 5 minute drive to the uni - to dangerous to walk though as it's along a freeway. Thanks, I know I will love it as I love that campus :)

13. TwinRichard

Yes, I finished at the end of last year and received the degrees several months ago but I'm doing another degree (research degree) now. Lately the work has mostly been reading, writing and doing some statistical analysis for various things. While I like it most of the time, sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything :p I can't think of anything better to do though ;)

Congratulations!

If it is accepted when do you start? The end of July?

I don't mind moving as long as it is between countries. I don't think I would like moving to another place in the same city :p

14. TwinRichard

I forgot to ask, what are you doing now that you are finished?

15. Twinrific

It's always a great feeling when you've done a major cleanup! Sounds like you have some great accommodation!

16. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Either way it would be starting on the 26th of July, if this isn't accepted I will just go back to the campus I am at for another semester and try again next semester. I talked to the professor who helped with my pip today - I am taking one of his classes next semester(either way) and he said it will be accepted he has faith.

It does feel good!! I am looking forward to it, I am pretty sure I will be in a room down stairs while the two others live upstairs when they are there - to sleep during the day only. I will be able to do different decorations. I have a Japanese huge fan that goes on the wall that I have no room to do here that I will be able to use :D

17. TwinRichard

Everything I have seen about transfers within the same faculty is that it is a fairly automatic process as long as your results are above the required standard (credit average normally).

18. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Well I received 2 passes (low % tests) high credits, distinctions and high distinctions. I will be most disappointed if it's rejected

19. TwinRichard

It is based on the average of the final results for each unit so it doesn't matter if you have a pass on some assessments as long as the result for the unit is at least a credit.

20. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I know, I am really hoping the results I received at least get me a credit. I would be happy with a pass just not this semester I need a credit as I want to go to Wollongong as this campus I am at is to small

21. Twinrific

I somehow missed this post? SOrry Richard.

No they're staying in luxury housing that was built before they arrived ;) Foreigners are being spoilt :p

22. TwinRichard

I'm not surprised that they're staying somewhere that was built before they arrived, it is a bit difficult to stay somewhere that hasn't been built yet :p

1 person likes this.
  23. Code

Code Well-Known Member

:lol:

24. Twinrific

[​IMG] Listen to what I mean not what I say :p

25. TwinRichard

But I'm not using a screen reader!

26. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Brenda you aren't meant to be evil that's Richard and Adrian's job :p

27. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

How can we do that if you type all your posts? :p

We're very good at it too :p

28. Twinrific

I can be mean if I want to :p but Touché guys! [​IMG]

29. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Oh you both are, ;) it brightens up a freezing cold day that's for sure!! :p

I doubt it sorry. You are way to nice to be mean :p

30. TwinRichard

It is certainly cold today. I miss the warmth :( At least it has been sunny and not raining.

31. Code

Code Well-Known Member

It has been FREEZING today!! Spring is soon! Ok only 2 months and 3 days away ;) Thankfully :woo: I like the rain ;)

32. TwinRichard

I like the rain when it is hot and at night but not during the day when it is cold.

33. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Good point! Summer rain is the best!

34. TwinG

TwinG Well-Known Member

Congratulations on graduating Joyce :)