Happy 1st Birthday! April 3rd - Kaya Rose & Madelynn Grace - Leslielu

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Her Royal Jennyness, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

:birthday: :birthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kaya Rose & Madelynn Grace HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :birthday: :birthday:
    Before you leave us for the big world of the 1-5 yr. board - a few requests!!
    • Can you show us a before and after pic? (If you are a rewards member you can attach it otherwise you can provide a link)
    • Summarize your last year with your little loves!!
    • Tell us about your 1st birthday plans? Do you have a theme or something special you are going to do?
    :sign0016: to the 1-5 board and please visit the First Year Often!!!

2. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

:birthday: Kaya!! :banana:

:birthday: Madelynn!! :banana:

And Welcome to 1-5!!

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

[SIZE=12pt]Happy Birthday Kaya and Madelyn!!!! [/SIZE]

4. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

:a_smil09: :banana: :Clapping: :banana: :a_smil09:

Happy Birthday Kaya Rose & Madelynn Grace!

:a_smil09: :banana: :Clapping: :banana: :a_smil09:

5. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

[SIZE=14pt] :birthday: Kaya and Madelynn!!!!!![/SIZE]

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

:itwins: :Clapping: :birthday: :birthday: :Clapping: :itwins:

[SIZE=24pt]HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYA AND MADDIE!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Leslie you did it!! I know you are feeling happy and sad at the same time, but you should be proud, you made it through the first year! You are a great mom, and a great friend. Congratulations, I love ya!![/SIZE] :wub:

7. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

Have a Very :birthday: Kaya and Madelynn!! It is so fun to be one! :a_smil09:

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[SIZE=24pt]Happy Birthday Kaya and Madelynn!!!! [/SIZE]

9. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

:birthday: Kaya and Madelynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Kaya!! :birthday:

Happy Birthday Madelynn!! :birthday:

11. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday! :birthday:

12. monies4

monies4 Member

:birthday: Kaya and Madelyn! Enjoy your day! :D

13. JakoBen

JakoBen Well-Known Member

:birthday: Happy Happy Birthday!! Have a GREAT day!

14. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Happy happy birthday!!

15. LeslieLu

LeslieLu Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for the happy wishes! Today was pretty low key as we had the big party on Saturday. The girls are a little stand offish so I was worried about how they would do, but they stepped up to the plate and worked the room like a couple little Divas so I was happy! :laughing: Apparently, I have sheltered them because I didn't realize they had never seen sesame street and we happened upon it a couple of weeks ago and, of course, they went ballistic over Elmo so it was decided right then and there that would be the theme. They looooved the Elmo decorations...what 1 yr old doesn't right? :icon_biggrin: You know, when I found out at my 8 week appt. that I was having twins I wasn't all that worried because I had 3 kids already and, well, I know everything about motherhood right? Um, no. Not even close. To say they have humbled me is an understatement and it all started with my pregnancy. Besides being extremely sick, my pregnancy was pretty uneventful (thank goodness) until 29.5 weeks when my little princesses decided they wanted to come out and see what all the noise was about. Obviously, we did what we could to stop the labor. Two of my doctors told me there was more than likely no way we'd be able to stop it at this point because I had progressed so fast and the contractions were only 2 minutes apart. I was dilated to 4cm and 75% effaced and I had only been dilated 1 cm at the hospital a half an hour before that. I can't even begin to explain how scared I was or how scared my husband was, but you all are probably all too familiar. My husband was so incredible about being strong for me...especially, when the neonatologist came in to explain, should they be born now, the complications we could be facing. Well, they did stop it! SO 4 days and a ton of magnesium sulfate later (uggggghhhh!) I was sent home from the hospital with strict instructions to not get out of bed (if you know me you know how incredibly painful this was! I have to keep moving and stay busy!), to take my procardia, and most importantly, I had to keep those babies in! 4 weeks and lots of frustration later (from me, Aaron, and my older kids) the girls decided they didn't want to stay in any longer...they had no more room ( I was 34 weeks exactly at this point). I got to the hospital around 10pm and waited for the doc to get there. The babies were in distress so they started prepping me to take them as soon as my Dr. got to the OR and they did just that. Kaya Rose was born at 12:17am and Madelynn ( Maddie) Grace was born at 12:18am! Since that day, one year ago, I have been living a wonderfully surreal existence as a mom of identical twin girls. I had no idea until recently how much distress they were in exactly, but I thank God every day things went the way they did and I came home with two healthy, beautiful baby girls after only one week in the NICU! HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY to my sweet baby girls! I have so enjoyed watching them grow and interact with one another, their constant companion and best friend. Their amusement and fascination with their brother and sisters, their complete adoration for their daddy, and their incessant need to keep mommy on her toes, warms my heart every single day and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in the next year!! Hopefully, I can figure out how to attach the pictures! Here are the ones from the day they were born...

Attached Files:

16. LeslieLu

LeslieLu Well-Known Member

And this one was taken yesterday on their first trip swimming! Thank you all again for the support and encouragement. I wouldn't have made it through my pregnancy or the first year without all of you!

Attached Files:

17. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

OH my gosh!!! I can't believe they are one~

Happy Birthday girls!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

18. Kateyes2022

Kateyes2022 Well-Known Member

:birthday: Kaya Rose and Madelynn Grace!!

19. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

A double happy birthday to you!!!

:birthday: :birthday: