Decorating SHARED boy/girl toddler rooms

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by amelowe9, Mar 27, 2011.

1. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

My twins are turning three in a few months and I'm ready to transformed their baby room into a toddler one! They are currently sleeping in their crib-converted beds, head-to-head, and are outgrowing them fast. Their room is currently painted a sage green with cute farm animal decals and other gender-neutral artwork. If anyone has any ideas or pictures they can share, I'd great appreciate it! Thanks!

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

ikea! I know that both Gina and we have one set of gender neutral stuff. Barnslig Rand. It's inexpensive, fun, and Royce has the blue striped one, Alice has the red striped Duvet Cover, we have a few of the stuffies that go, and I made curtains for the room, but the premade curtains are really cute. I think Gina has those.

The Fabler line uses softer colors, not primaries like the Barnslig so if you didn't want to repaint the room, that would be a good one. It's really cute too.

3. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

We did safari animals when they were younger.

Now their room is painted yellow with an ABC border.

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We painted our kids room a soft green too, we have mickey mouse clubhouse decals on the walls. I found cute toddler bedding at our twins club consignment sale that is from target, Trucks for Liam, and Flowers for Rylee. I also found matching wooden toddler beds at the sale a month ago too.

When they move to twin beds I'd like to get some matching stripes/blocks/dots or something, similar to what bex posted earlier.

5. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

Surfer or Beach theme

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Here is what we did for L&L. I couldn't find coordinating bedding that I liked, so I just made sure I got the same type of bedding (both quilts) and let them have their own little section of the room.

View attachment 6436

Attached Files:

7. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have a chocolate brown accent wall and we have the Bobby Jack (monkey) bedding...my sons is brown and turquoise and my daughters is brown and pink. We also have the painted wooden letters that spell out their names above their beds.
    Good luck and have fun!!