Some twin sweet at the hardest time

Discussion in 'General' started by Kendra, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

On the 26th, James Wasko died. He fought cancer for 9 years, winning twice but it got him on its third try. He was a husband, father of 3 and an identical twin. He and Ed started going to Twins Days the same year we did and they started the unofficial twin bowling Sunday night.

Visitation was yesterday and today and the funeral is tomorrow. Ed posted this morning on facebook with his thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and added that people were coming to the visitation who didn't know James had a twin and he had to laugh at their faces. I'm sure where ever James is he is laughing his butt off.

I'm attaching a picture of us with James and Ed in 2004 (don't ask who is who with them! they always won most alike) and one taken at their birthday party a few weeks ago.

They live in MI and were featured in the Lisa Ling Our America twin special.

Attached Files:

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm very sorry for your loss, Kendra. :hug: He must have been quite a fighter to have survived it twice! My thoughts are with his brother & the rest of his family.

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kendra, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Thinking of you, his family and his twin brother. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to lose him.

4. billandginastwins1

billandginastwins1 Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss of your friend!!! :grouphug:

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

'm sorry for the loss of your friend. :hug: I did fb stalk them and saw their pictures-man they sure did look identical! He certainly was a fighter.

6. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We thought about going to the funeral but it really is too far. (about 6 hours) I know people who are going from MI, Ohio, Indiana and PA.

7. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I watched them in an interview on TV a while ago. They had an amazing bond and my heart breaks for all of those that loved James.

8. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

i'm so sorry for the loss of your friend :( i watched them on Lisa Ling's "Our America", and they made me cry. well, Ed did, at the end of the episode when he said "i'm probably gonna be lost without him" :cry: ugh i just can't imagine his pain :(

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kendra, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. My condolences to his twin, his family and all those who knew him and loved him.