Still in Shock

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Kasee87, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Kasee87

Kasee87 New Member

Hi. My name is Kasee. I am 29 years old. I am a mother of 4 and now expecting di/di twins. My childrens ages are 12,6,5, 13 months. Im 12 weeks pregnant. Today I went into my first trimester screening today and im still in shock. I have so many questions I dont know where to start. Im scared of complications for all of us. All my kids were vaginal deliveries. Ohh man lol these are a big shocker. I have diverticulits. I went in for a colonoscopy and couldnt have it done cause I had two lines for the pregnancy test ! Im a mess. We live in a four bedroom home and have to make it work. I dont know what to buy how to expect labor so ANY advice I would love to have please. Thank you so much.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I remember feeling the same way as you when I found out I was having twins. I would say first enjoy your pregnancy, discuss with your partner what he expects from you and what you expect from him. Also if anyone offers to help, take them up on it! Have someone else home with you and your partner the first night home with the babies.

I had a c-section at 38 weeks since baby A was breech. It was scheduled since my OB did not want me to go longer than that. I really did not go through labor.

I wish you all the best!

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow!!! I'd be shocked too! I know when I first found out I was having twins excitement wasn't my initial reaction, more like tears. But it all turned out fine and will for you as well. It's a more difficult pregnancy with twins but hopefully yours will be complication free. I agree with Nancy, relax, enjoy and take of any offer of help. You'll be absolutely exhausted the 1st year. *hugs*
    Congratulations and welcome to Twinstuff! We're glad you're here!

4. nadine

nadine New Member

Hi Kasey, holy shit!!! I have 6 kids, the last twin girls so I know what you're in for! My twins are now a year and a half and I'm only just getting over the shock! It's ok. You know what you're doing. It's just more kids and more stuff to do for them!
    Don't worry, you'll be fine. I gave birth naturally to my first four and was so scared about my twin birth, but my body had done it that many times and it had no problem doing it again naturally! I found the doctors were full on, but stand your ground.
    You already have all the stuff you need for one baby so you won't need that much more. One more bouncer, cot, buggy and a double breastfeeding pillow (if you want to go that way).
    If you have family close by....use them! Me and my husband have no-one close so we struggled a bit on our own.

Enjoy the ride! Twins are amazing. My girls have the best connection ever and it's the most beautiful thing to watch!

First twins ever likes this.