tandem nursing twins and they fall asleep...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by juelzdee, May 25, 2016.

1. juelzdee

juelzdee New Member

How do you mommies put your twins down after you tandem nurse them and they have fallen asleep?

Almost always, when I carefully put them down one by one so I can get up...they wake up..sometimes cry...and then I have to soothe them especially my twin girl...
    I try to nurse them again but most of the time, they are full
    I need to get things done during their naps...like feed myself lol

What are your strategies? what do you physically do and use?

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow, that's a tough one. Hopefully someone on here can help! I only had one that would nurse and the other I pumped for and fed with a bottle.
    I'd put her in a boppy next to me so when they fell asleep I could easily move one and then the other. I know that's not helpful to you, sorry.

3. My first singleton was like that. But of course that was much easier to deal with.

Pull them off just before they actually fall asleep. Then give them a pacifier or bottle to fall asleep on.

Even then it can be hard. Don't worry, it's only temporary!

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

It's been a long time. My two were not good sleepers. IF there was someone else available, I'd have that person take one to lay in crib. IF not (and a lot of time there wasn't, I believe I could put one down on the couch and quietly put the other in his/her crib and then come back for other one. I certainly did not carry both on the EZ Twin nursing pillow that I used. Good luck and congratulations on your twins!

5. Doubletrouble39

Doubletrouble39 New Member

Ive had this so many times, they're so beautifully asleep on you and you move them and they are awake in seconds. I have given mine comforts. They have muslin cloths that stay with them and i use them when they bf and when i burp them so they smell like me and and a little of milk. It seems to have helped. I put them by their faces when moving them into their bouncers/cot. Found one of mine hates being layed flat and the other is disturbed by any light. Its just finding out the little things. When popping them down one always tends to nod or start to nod first and i started putting that one down before the other drifted too and then boob the other one to sleep after