Showing already at 12 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by chicagomama, Jan 18, 2013.

1. chicagomama

chicagomama Well-Known Member

I know this is my 3rd pregnancy and yet another set of twins yadda yadda, but I seriously am outgrowing my clothing fast. I am a little dismayed by this, as I guess the pregnancy was somewhat a surprise and finding out it is twins was a shock that I am resisting this natural expansion. My belly is big, high up too, and I feel like I am gaining a lot of weight already despite minimal dietary changes. Wondering if this is a normal experience, or maybe I do need to cut out that weekend ice cream?

2. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

It is normal. My first set were my 3 and 4th children and before I knew there were two, I knew something was up because my clothes began to be snug at about 8 weeks. By 12 weeks I was full blown showing. With my second set, it was the same way, by 12 weeks there was no doubt I was pregnant and showing, and even though I ultimately lost baby B, I was still bigger than normal til about 5 mos or so when my body finally realized there was only one baby. I wouldn't drop the ice cream just yet..

3. Lrnomder

Lrnomder Well-Known Member

Its definitely normal! By 10 weeks I looked 4 months pregnant. This is my third successful pregnancy out of 6 and my first set of twins, so it was very shocking at first to see how big I was getting so quickly. I am now 26 weeks and look like im past due with a full term baby :) Its amazing and frustrating at the same time cause its hard to fit into anything. Maternity pants with the soft band that goes over your whole belly is very comfy but even my maternity shirts keep getting too small! I know its strange but I was thinking about buying a couple cute spring dresses and wearing them as shirts seeing that they fit that way lol. Anyways, don't drop the ice cream and enjoy the belly its such an awesome experience!

4. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

This is my 4th pregnancy, first with twins. I'm 11 and a half weeks and totally showing. It's a little ridiculous, isn't it? :)

I'm living in leggings and long tank tops right now, with maternity sweaters for warmth.

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, normal. My twins were my second pregnancy and I looked 6 months pregnant at 3 months.

6. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I agree normal because there are two babies and because it is not your first pregnancy so your body knows what to do. The twins were my first pregnancy and I showed a little later, but I showed at 12 weeks with my singleton.

7. Twicethelove

Twicethelove New Member

I am totally having the same problem ! by 10 weeks I had to pack all my normal size 10 clothes away and go and buy an endless supply of leggings vests and big jumpers . I am 13 weeks now and evan bigger thinking how the hell can I get any bigger than I already am with such a tiny frame lol . I have a son who is 20 with no other pregnancies until now and then find out its twins ! total shock

8. cutesausage

cutesausage New Member

Yeah. It is normal.