a little update and I miss this place

Discussion in 'General' started by twin_trip_mommy, Oct 19, 2015.

1. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

Life moves quickly. It feels like I was just posting about getting a job and my children sharing classrooms in lower school. Now I have 5 in High school. 

Our twins are now in 11th grade. They are at a vocational High school so they get to work toward a career. Each is doing very well. Katherine, (twin A) is in Health Careers. Jennifer, (twin B) is in IT, the only female in her shop. Katherine is also in cross country, her team has won all but one meet. Our triplets are in 9th grade and also doing very well at the vocational High school. They are exploring all their options this year. Stephanie, (triplet A) is considering Graphics, Daniel, (triplet B) Mechanical engineering, and Christina, (triplet B) Culinary. Daniel and Christina are also in Cross country. I love how all 5 have their own interests.I am still working FT. 

We just added to our home family size. My FIL moved in in Sept. It is such a joy to have him here with us. This makes our life a bit busier but it is a blessing not a burden. 

I can't believe how quickly time has moved. I miss those days of craft activities at the kitchen table, going to the park and playing on the swings. I even miss the messes they made with their toys and at meal time. The younger years were not easy but they are survivable and you will miss those rough days. Im sure after I make it through these teen years I will miss them also. 

I hope all is going well with my twinstuff friends. This place helped me through so much. My sanity was saved reading about and sharing life with other multiples families when my 5 were younger. 

Happy Autumn, Cheryl

4 people like this.
  2. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Hi Cheryl! Good to hear the update. My oldest is in her last yr of elem - it is going fast!!

3. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update.  It's hard to believe the kids are all in high school.  My oldest daughter is a senior and my twins are in 8th grade.  I miss the grade school days especially since I have 3 teenage girls!

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thanks for the update Cheryl.  Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

5. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

Wow! I haven't been on this site since ... I can't even remember when. I just thought of it today and thought I'd pop in to see if there were any familiar names/faces from when I used to come on. This was the first post I saw and it made me smile because I remember you and your little cuties! It's amazing how time flies. Your kids were little when I used to spend a lot of time on here. It was good to hear the update. My oldest, Jennica, graduates this year and is looking into university for next fall. Joshua is in grade 10. Solome (twin A) and Danielle (twin B) are in grade 9, and Samara is in grade 8.

6. kim01

kim01 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness i have wondered how you have been. I am so happy to see a update from you. My boys are teens now. we have added several to our crew so not done by far. but your comment about missing the messes rings so true. it is amazing how fast it really goes. Happy Autumn to you and your family...

7. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

Wow, time sure flies. My girls are in 7th grade, and everyone else is out of the house. My stepdaughters have 5 kids between them, and my oldest (who is in Bagram right now) has a son 18 months old. My younger boy is in his senior year of college. My XH and his third wife just had a baby (her first), so my boys have a new brother who is only 5 months old--he's a year and two days younger than his nephew. :p

Thanks for the update, it was really great to read it.

8. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I stopped by and caught your update. I can't believe your tiny kids are almost adults now. My baby boys just started middle school. They're getting so tall and mature with that full-blown pre-teen attitude that I pretend to hate but I secretly crack up when I hear it. I love seeing them develop independence and control over their own paths.  

9. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

So good to see familiar names post.
    I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. It is true that you really should not blink because they grow so quickly.

10. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Amazing to log on here after all these years and see some of the same usernames. I'm so glad to hear all of your 'not so littles' are doing so well and are finding their own interests. My two are only in 3rd grade and it is still nice to hear from those ahead of me!

Thanks,
    Stephanie

11. MamaMelissa

MamaMelissa New Member

Cheryl!!!! I couldn't remember my username or pw, but it's Melissa from TN & I have twins TJ & Kimmy that are about to turn 15 on NYE, & my oldest daughter Allison is 22!!! I made it through their baby & toddlerhood thanks to TS! I'd love to catchup! My kids are in cross country too Cheryl !!! I'm an IT tech now! God Bless,

Melissa

12. Lisadgogo

Lisadgogo Well-Known Member

I was here with you twintripmommy way back when... This snowy New England day had me check back in to twinstuff. Glad to hear your kids are well. My twins are in 10th grade in HS. and the youngest in 8th. I agree with you about this forum being a lifesaver!