New here and need some input!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Crystal, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Crystal

Crystal New Member

I am new to this forum. My husband and I have been married 12 years with a 5 yo son. We decided to try for one more and found out we are having twins late this summer. I think we both have been taking this pretty hard. I'm a SAHM so that won't change much but I really was hoping to adopt this time around. My pregnancy with my son was relatively smooth but I ended up having an emergency c-section and knew I would be relegated to that, again, if we tried to get pregnant. It also made nursing tricky in the beginning. I feel like I've poured so much of myself into my son these past 5 years. We had trouble getting pregnant with him and I wasn't sure if we'd ever have another. He will enter Kindergarten right when the twins are born. For those who already had children when you had your twins, how did you juggle all the kids? Did you feel like you were able to be enough of a mom to all of your kids? I feel like I've set the bar pretty high with our son and we do so much together. And I'm a person who needs down/quiet time to keep my sanity and am wondering if I will ever get that again. We are trying not to stress about the future but can't seem to control it right now.

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have an older singleton (she was 3 when my twins were born)...it takes a little adjusting and life will be crazy that first year, for sure-but I can promise you that you will absolutely be enough for all three of your children-It's hard to explain but it's not like you have to take away any of your love to your first born, you just suddenly have more love to spread around. *hugs*
    Welcome to TS! We're glad you are here.

Kandie likes this.