Just curious?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by seamusnicholas, Jul 18, 2008.

1. hilly

hilly Well-Known Member

Naked babies here too. :)

2. T.O. Twins

T.O. Twins Well-Known Member

If it's the afternoon and the shade is over the pool, then we've started going naked. If they're in the strong sun, then those long sleeved rash guard shirts and a swim diaper -- though we'll see if that will fly now that they've experienced naked swimming.

3. Jennifer P

Jennifer P Well-Known Member

I let the girls play naked in the yard with the sprinkler on. They loved it.

4. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

Mine are usually naked in the splash pool. They also like to be naked in general - particularly Clarissa. She even prefers to pee outside. She often gets out of the car when we get home and immediately strips off her clothes. I have no problem with this, regardless of who's around (that said, we live in a pretty quiet neighborhood and I know most of the neighbors).

I figure they can hang out naked at home for as long as they're comfortable doing so. I'm wondering at what age they become conscious of it.

I remember going to a kind of hippie summer camp in Vermont and there was a seven year old girl that went topless all summer. She was from NYC, and apparently stripped off her shirt the moment she hit Vermont.

-Rachel

5. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

I think you are fine unless there are other children in the pool. I say they still have a year or two of running around in the buff.

6. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Snittens @ Jul 18 2008, 07:25 PM) [snapback]883673[/snapback]
    Yep, we go naked occasionally here too. Well them, not me! I also let them pee in the grass, but they know that's a thing we only do at home. It's just much easier than having to go in the house all wet or deal with the little potty.

LOL...this had me cracking up!!!! My girls spent the weekend on the farm with gma and gpa and they taught them to pee in the grass when they were out and about without the potty (walking on the farm and stuff like that...just around the house when they weren't "near" the house). So, they get home on Sunday adn we are out back playing and Reagan tells me she has to pee and starts taking her shorts off. I'm like "What are you doing?" She tells me she wants to pee in the grass!!! Then, she continues to cry/whine b/c I tell her no and go inside!!! LOVELY! She fought me on it for awhile. Seriously...we live in a subdivision (NOT the farm) and our yard is open to all the neighbors...we don't have a fence!

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Jul 18 2008, 08:39 PM) [snapback]883780[/snapback]
    WOW!! Very interesting! I have never heard that before! I will try that next time I buy them.

Yep, my friend also told me that she washes and reuses the swim diapers...I guess it makes sense, just never thought of it!

7. Autism brother.

Autism brother. New Member

Hi. Im new. I have a 25 yr old AUT. Brother (he had 6 brain surgeries too) that we let go naked ALL THE TIME at home and at his frends houses (thay have AUTS. So thay know how it is.) but i have a question. How do you post a new topic?

Im his brother and full time care giver.