"Prettier twin" I have a problem with always feeling that my identical twin sister is prettier

Discussion in 'General' started by DanniDoll, Dec 15, 2006.

1. DanniDoll

DanniDoll New Member

I have a problem with always feeling that my identical twin sister is the prettier twin. The thing is I don't think we look identical and many other people don't either. So then, people always compare us and I always get so upset over it. I think that she has everything better then me. And I have a birthmark on my face and she doesn't and her skin is better than mine. Does anyone have these problems also and does anyone know how to help me? Because no one seems to be able to. Thanks.<3

2. DanniDoll

DanniDoll New Member

I have a problem with always feeling that my identical twin sister is the prettier twin. The thing is I don't think we look identical and many other people don't either. So then, people always compare us and I always get so upset over it. I think that she has everything better then me. And I have a birthmark on my face and she doesn't and her skin is better than mine. Does anyone have these problems also and does anyone know how to help me? Because no one seems to be able to. Thanks.<3

3. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are feeling down. I don't know what to say except to offer that there is nothing more beautiful than a smile. If you feel unattractive you probably will be. If you smile, not only will you look prettier, but you'll be surprised that you also will feel better.

It might sound cheesy, but it's definitely true.

I have three sisters, but not a twin. We were always compared, but we all are so different, each with our own special talents and assets. I recommend you find yours, and find value in yourself, and don't forget, SMILE! (I know I know, but try it!)

4. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Maire is right, if you smile you'll feel better inside and that will make a difference to your outward appearance.

I think all twins have this, where one perceives the other as having something better than the other. I bet if your sister came on she's say you were seen as smarter or funnier than her, maybe evein prettier!

People are always going to compair twins, the trick is to ignore the comparisons and be the best you.

5. HI! we three hav never been compared wid each other by any1 but we can understand wat ur goin through. We guarantee u, dont bother wat ppl say n jus be ur self [​IMG] n then everything will cum back to normal.

LUV!
    ***rach,becs and roxy***

6. silverfeenux

silverfeenux New Member

A classmate once told me that i looked like the prettier twin, but my sister's the one who has guys telling me that she's the prettier one.

7. DanniDoll

DanniDoll New Member

I just don't know what to do. Because some people say that we look nothing alike. Which I find weird since some people can't tell us apart. But I just can't get over that she is the prettier twin. I wish someone else could relate.

8. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Really, most twins can relate. There are people who can tell us apart straight off and others who have trouble. (I saw my sister's boyfriend's father today and he thought I was her. His brother didn't think we looked very much alike though) It all depends on the closeness.

Take my advice and be yourself and not worry what people think about the twin thing. There are probably people out there who think YOU are the prettier twin.

9. Amyyy

Amyyy Member

I can absoloutly relate to that. With my twin, I sometimes feel that people like her better than me. Don't worry it's natural like you compare yourself to your friends.

10. girlzmom2b

girlzmom2b Well-Known Member

Try to realize that all beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because a few people have said this (did they?) there are going to be others who think you're prettier.
    Most importantly, you have to believe in yourself and that you are an attractive young lady inside and out. Sometimes people "bloom" at different times in their lives. Maybe for your sister it's now, could be you later.
    Try not to focus on it so much.

You are perfct just the way you are-really!

11. Lo_Twinnie

Lo_Twinnie Member

hey there!!
    I knowww how you feel, because I think my twin sister is prettier than me, but you know what? WHO CARES?! hehe
    Beauty is not important, all the matters is what you have inside, because you can find a person attractive even if they are not REALLY beautiful.
    I'm SURE you are as beautiful as your sister, you just have to feel more comfortable in your own skin and you'll look better and better. :)
    Let me know ;)
    Lots of kisses

12. Doridt

Doridt New Member

I feel the same way i have a twin she taller than me skinnier than my longer eyeylashes thick eyebrows then me funnier than my she has cheekbones and a pretty face while i dont she is the opposite of me she doesnt try to look pretty shes naturally pretty it frustrates me sometimes how she is pretty without knowing it how easily she is pretty wearing casual clothes while i to try to look pretty but we arent identical twins however we have some similar features. After a while i stopped thinking negatively thinking that i was ugly when im not try to think positively because everyone is pretty in their own way there is no point of feeling this way because its not something u can change be happy for ur twin dont look down on yourself God created everyone diffrently and we should be happy with all the blessing he gave us instead of complaint for something that cannot be change be happy with yourself and blessing!!

13. Lilianna

Lilianna New Member

14. Lemonz

Lemonz New Member

I feel the same way! My twin has flawless skin, and I mean, flawless. No blackheads, pores are invisible, and no acne. Her hair has natural highlights and it's quite healthy, she also has pretty green eyes when no one else in my family has them. Then, to top it all off, she was born with perfectly straight teeth! Meanwhile, I have thin hair, dark brown eyes, bad acne, really noticeable blackheads, and I have a chipped FRONT tooth because of my sister. So, yes, I understand. You're not alone! But, that doesn't mean you're not beautiful. I feel every girl is beautiful, including you, myself, my twin, and everybody else! We may not have flawless skin, or perfect hair, but at least we can be kind.