vaginal discharge and stomach hurts, help?? **DELIVERED AT 28 WEEKS**

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by First Snow, Mar 17, 2007.

1. First Snow

First Snow Member

Hello, everyone,
    I am 29 weeks pregnant with identical twins.
    Two days ago, I started to have some vaginal discharge, just some sticky blood color discharge, but not really bleeding. It has been this way for a few days now. Also, I had some BH contractions last night that last longer than usual and also my stomach hurts just like prior to having period - like cramps...

Is it normal? I am little scared...but today is Sunday, I am wondering if I should just take it easy and call the doctor tomorrow or if i need to call the doctor today...

Do you guys have any advice????

Thanks so much!

Esha

***edited to change title to include delivery***

2. ali k

ali k Well-Known Member

Call your doctor now. It's better to be safe & err on the side of caution. Your doctor may want you to go into the hospital to make sure that everything is ok. The discharge sounds like it may be your mucous plug, which could mean nothing, or it could mean that the contractions you've been feeling have been causing changes in your cervix.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Yikes! Go to L/D...let us know how it goes. Better to be cautious than not. [​IMG]

4. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I would call right now. At every appointment, my OB has lectured me on the signs of pre-term labor, and he said unusual discharge -- anything different or thicker than the usual watery stuff -- is a red flag.

Call!! I hope everything is okay.

5. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

CALL! Keep us updated, because that doesn't sound like the "usual". Good luck!

Reyna

6. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

hopefully you have already called but if not please, please call now!

7. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

I would definitly call the doctor now. If you are having any bleeding especially with cramping and contractions you need to call. I just spent the last 4 days in L&D for ptl. I was having a lot of braxton hicks and they were starting to get closer and closer. By the time I got to the hospital they were 3-4 minutes apart, I ended up there for 4 days. Just go it is way better to just be overly cautious. I never thought they would keep me! Good Luck

8. becky5

becky5 Guest

Please update us when you can...I have been thinking about you! [​IMG]

9. First Snow

First Snow Member

hello everyone, I just want to give you an update about my pregnancy. I went to the hospital that day and had my twin boys on the same day. The doctor was unable to stop my prelabor so i had C-sec that night (28 weeks). the boys were 3lbs each and are doing well in NICU right now....

It was a big supprise for my husband and me. I don't know how long they will be in NICU....if everyone has NICU experience, please let me know. So far, everything sounds normal and OK, but I am still worried if they will develop any problems going forward and don't know when they can go home....the doctor and nurses all think they are bigger than 28 weekers, because they each weighted 3lbs....
    any advice will be good!!!
    Thanks for all your support.
    I cannot find the NICU section in this site... where can i see more NICU questions/answers...

Again, I have learned so much from this website and will continue to visit and now can give advice to other new twin moms...

Esha - First snow

10. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the birth to your babies!

Heres a link to the NICU Forum

Well you can expect them to be in the NICU until their due date. Make sure you try to do Kangaroo care whenever they will let you. In the NICU forum there is a thread that goes over things you should do while dealing with the NICU.

I will keep you all in prayer [​IMG]

11. becky5

becky5 Guest

[​IMG]s Esha! I had a feeling that you were going to be coming back with a birth story. Congratulations on your boys! 3lbs is HUGE for 28 weeks! Glad to hear they are doing well. Hang in there, and update us when you can! [​IMG]

12. irem_burak_twins

irem_burak_twins Active Member

Your babies are in my prayers.
    Please try to keep us updated.
    I hope you can take them home soon. Try to stay positive!

13. Twin-kle Twin-kle little stars

Twin-kle Twin-kle little stars Well-Known Member

Congrats on the boys! I hope everything goes well for them over the next few weeks in the NICU. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Juli

14. BDFDGirl (Heather)

BDFDGirl (Heather) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the babies! I hope things are still going well for them in the NICU. If you need anything, feel free to PM me. I'm a NICU nurse and I'm willing to answer any questions you may have.

15. becky5

becky5 Guest

Es [​IMG]ha, I linked your post to the NICU forum, as well as the First Year. Can't wait to hear more about the babies!

16. Tasha

Tasha Well-Known Member

Wow, Esha! That must have been a scary yet joyful day for you, and I want to congradulate you on twin boys! Those are great weights for 28 weeks.

I just wanted to give you a tid bit of a "been there done that". My SI< and brother have 27 week twin boys at home now. They were born last September. It was close to the same deal that you had. They were in the NICU until about 3 days before their actual due date, and went home on oxygen. BUT, they are off it already and are doing just perfect! 28 weeks is even better to get to! [​IMG] Their boys were 2lbs. 2 oz, and 2lbs. 4 oz. So hang in there, and help those boys grow as much as you can. Congrats!

Attached Files:

17. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Congrats on those little babies! Here is to a healthful NICU stay!