A first birthday already? I hope it was great! June 23rd - Gabriel & Soren - returntoshore

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Her Royal Jennyness, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

:birthday: :birthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY [SIZE=12pt]Gabriel & Soren HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!![/SIZE] :birthday: :birthday:

Before you leave us for the big world of the 1-5 yr. board - a few requests!!
    • Can you show us a before and after pic? (If you are a rewards member you can attach it otherwise you can provide a link)
    • Summarize your last year with your little loves!!
    • Tell us about your 1st birthday plans? Do you have a theme or something special you are going to do?

:sign0016: to the 1-5 board and please visit the First Year Often!!!

2. returntoshore

returntoshore Well-Known Member

Aaaaaaaw, thanks!

Here's the before and after pics; they were 10 days old in the first picture. The second picture was taken last Thursday.

The last year has been amazing. I was so terrified of them when they were born--how could someone send these little creatures home with us? How could we possibly be competent enough to take care of them? Over the months our confidence grew, and it has been such a joy getting to know these sweet little people who try to climb up my legs and who eat all of the raspberries in the house, saving none for their papa. They have such and amazing trust in us, and in turn we are awed by them...until Soren bites us, anyhow. ;)

They are my heaven.

We had a party for them at our house yesterday for family and friends. They did really well, and handled the crowd with grace and smiles. I'm not one of those mothers who is saddened by her kids growing up, but I cried during the happy birthday song. Their birth, while wonderful, was pretty traumatic. Soren was vaginal, but Gabriel was a C section. I was trying to recover, Jeff threw his back out, Gabey was in the NICU, and we were so intimidated by these children. It brought that all back, but combined with our pride in who these little creatures are becoming. I never until yesterday really understood that a birthday is also an emotional anniversary for the parents. I love them so very much, it was overwhelming, and my tears are all on tape. :D

edited for spelling

Attached Files:

3. JakoBen

JakoBen Well-Known Member

:birthday: :birthday: Gabriel & Soren :birthday: :birthday: !! Sounds like you had a great party! Your boys are so handsome :)

4. returntoshore

returntoshore Well-Known Member

Thanks, Carrie! It looks like we'll be getting your birthday story very, very soon, so here's an early :birthday: to them!

5. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

:birthday: They are beautiful!!

6. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

:banana: :a_smil09: :banana:

[SIZE=18pt]Happy Birthday Gabriel & Soren! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=18pt]Hope you had a great day.[/SIZE]

Alice, I loved the pics. Thanks for posting them and I am glad that even though it was a crazy year, you pulled through beautifully with such wonderful little boys.

:itwins_boys: :birthday: :itwins_boys:

7. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Oh, they are cute! Thanks for sharing the pics!

8. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

They are ADORABLE!!!! :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: to them, and happy anniversary of being their mommy!