Standing in Crib Wailing

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by kendraplus2, Aug 28, 2007.

1. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

OK, this phase can be over any time now!!! They just learned within the past few days how to pull to standing in their crib. It sucks! They are so tired but they will pull up just because they can, and then wail because they can't get back down. I've shown them a bunch of times, I go in there and don't say a word to them, just sit then lay them down, and walk out. Then the wailing starts again, and they pop back up. The thing is, each of them has gotten back down on their own, so I don't know if I should leave them now? Or go in for another day or two and then let then CIO and figure it out? This morning took 40 minutes for them to go to sleep, now it's been almost that ... I snapped a picture! Augh!!!!

Attached Files:

2. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

gravity is a wonderful thing.....what stands up, must fall down.......LOL

I would let them figure it out.

3. Cathmar

Cathmar Well-Known Member

I'm right there with ya'! The only difference is that now my girls realize what a scream it is to just LET GOOOOOO! and fall...and proceed to shriek with laughter. Too bad I'm trying to get them to take a nap! But I can't help but just laugh along with them. So I'm thinking that your boys will soon learn what "fun" it is to fall on their butts.

....and I have the same bumper. I only have it in one crib and my daughter uses it as a pillow! She uses it to stand on, so I'll be taking that out soon because I can just see me walking in one day to find her getting over the side!

ETA: I forgot to mention how gorgeous your boys are!

4. Mommydee

Mommydee Well-Known Member

oh, i feel your pain. but only one of mine has figured out how to pull up- but now he does it then drops his pacifier and/or teddy bear out on the floor and THAT is what he gets upset about!!! he can get down no problem. in fact, he finds it quite funny to get down. but he is so excited about being able to MOVE, that he is getting harder and harder to get to SLEEP. DD hasn't figured out the pulling yet,but she is always on her hands and knees PEERING above the bumper! i swear you wanna laugh and cry at the same time, right?!?!?

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(ihavesevensons @ Aug 28 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]383970[/snapback]

LOL! Well put! I agree, if you have showed them how, and they have done it, let them figure it out. They are so cute Kendra...even when wailing!! Thanks for sharing the picture!

6. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Awww...they are cute!! It took Lauren almost two weeks to get over this phase. I would go in and put her down twice. The third time I would let her cry for a few minutes and then put her down and she would stay. Now my girls are same as pp, having fun popping up and down so it takes a while for them to fall asleep.

7. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

I know your situation is annoying but your boys are adorable! I especially love Mr. Soother in the corner.

8. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

Would it be bad if I laughed!!?? They are so cute! I'm sure I'll have my revenge in a few months when mine are doing the same thing....

9. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I would put them down once or twice...but they are not stuck so they don't *need* help. I know it's hard! but I think it drags it out longer when they know you''ll keep coming right back. I do the 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, 7 min, 10 min intervals.

BTW... I read your post earlier tonight holding Natalie right before I put her down. When I brought up the pic of your boys (they are adorable!!) she stared at them for a minute & then smiled really big a started clapping :Clap:

10. kendraplus2

No, it's OK to laugh at them! :D I went in there after posting because he was standing and wailing again (Chase, the one that looks so ticked off) and put him down, and thought how people post cute pictures of their kids and I post one of mine screaming and looking so dang mad, and I laughed, which made him laugh, and I just wanted to hug the little bugger.

They did it before bed too, but after going in a few times, I just let them CIO and put themselves back down. Now I know they know how to do it (at least somewhat), and I think from now on I will just let them CIO when they stand. Except like PP said, their nuks get tossed out and that makes them upset! Ack!

11. kendraplus2

QUOTE(Oneplus2more @ Aug 29 2007, 01:04 AM) [snapback]384162[/snapback]
    BTW... I read your post earlier tonight holding Natalie right before I put her down. When I brought up the pic of your boys (they are adorable!!) she stared at them for a minute & then smiled really big a started clapping :Clap:

Awwwwwwwwww! Oh man, a girlfriend already ...

12. txsweetie

txsweetie Well-Known Member

This is a phase I wish would pass quickly. Mine are doing the same thing. So tired but so wanting to stand up. I'm laughing now just thinking about it. It is a bit frustrating but funny at the same time. Not that funny at nap time when I've been trying for so long to get them to go down! ;)

BTW, your boys are so super cute!! Thanks for sharing the pic!

13. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

OH they are so adorable!!! A&A are doing the same thing except they havn't started dropping things out of the cribs yet !I guess that's next :eek: !!

14. ADC17

ADC17 Well-Known Member

I know it's only cute when it is someone else's kids but they are SOOo cute! i know if it were my boys i'd be frustrated like crazy so i feel your pain (mine have recently discovered rolling from back to stomach but not from stomach to back so they get stuck and cry... ugh...) but when it is someone else's kids, man are they ever cute. Even the one that is crying. No, actually, ESPECIALLY the one that is standing and crying :) hehe.

15. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

They really are so darn cute! I posted this same thing a few months ago and everyone was right. It just lasted a few days. When my boys go through phases, I thing it is the worst thing ever and then it ends up lasting a couple days. Once I knew he could get down on his own, I let him CIO. Shortly after this, they began to throw out their stuffed animals they sleep with! I think they work together to see what they are going to do to me next!

16. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I have no advice, but just have to say they are adorable-even when they are wailing!!!

17. takeluck

takeluck Well-Known Member

My baby did the same thing to me last month. The first time, I "rescued her" and put her down on her back (she'd been crying 45 minutes) and she fell asleep. All the other times, I've let her figure it out herself and she caught on very quickly.

18. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Jake has been doing the same thing and the worst thing is, he sometimes pulls himself up on the side that faces the wall and i think that makes him even madder because all he sees is green.

We've been going in and putting him back down, he's so little, i'm afraid if lets go he'll fall pretty hard(we have the mattress almost at the bottom). For those who let gravity help out, do your kids hit their heads on the crib, or snap their necks?

He's already a tough kid to get to sleep and this just makes things worse!!

As others said, Kendra, your boys are so cute!

Miriam

19. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

When I was a nanny to twins their mom lowered the mattress so they couldn't reach the top to pull themselves up (they quickly had figured out that up and OVER was easy!). I don't know if that would work for you, but it may be worth a try.

BTW, they are really cute! Seeing their pic made me even more excited to meet my boys (even though I'm dreading this stage now!).

20. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ihavesevensons @ Aug 28 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]383970[/snapback]

:lol: I like that!

We did what alot of others posted, and you did...just let them figure it out. They thought it was a fun game having me run in and out of there putting them down. :rolleyes:

Love the picture!!

21. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

kendra, i just can't get over how cute they are!!! (and i obviously have no advice for you, but i'm learning a lot! lol )