They started preschool this morning!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Marieber, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I cried after I dropped them off, but it was generally a very positive morning. They held hands out front with their back packs on. It was so sweet. They said goodbye and I kissed them and they seemed fine. I hope they are having fun! I sent an email and got a report back that all is well.

I'll post pics later.

I so wish that I was picking them up. But instead the au pair is and I have to go into the city. WaaaaaaH! I want to hug them and hear about their day!

UPDATE: PICTURES:

Attached Files:

2. PumpkinPies

PumpkinPies Well-Known Member

What a momentous day! I hope they enjoy it.

3. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Aww... so cute Marie! I am sure they are going to love going to "school!"

4. ruthjulia

ruthjulia Well-Known Member

so cute to picture them holding hands with their back packs! c&a start school next week - i took 1/2 days both days of school next week so that i can drop them off and pick them up. hope they had fun and you'll hear all about their day tonight!

5. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Aww how awesome! I wanted so much to send my guys this year. They could have started in December, when they turn 3... but I wasn't ready... and now I wish I had gotten the paperwork in. It's too late now!

Let us know how their first day goes!!

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Marie-I am sure they are having a great time. It is always harder on us than it is on them. I too cried when I dropped my oldest DD off at preschool her first day and also her first day of K last year. I was okay this year with first grade though.

Can't wait to see pictures!

7. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Maire,
    I am sure they are doing GREAT!! :hug99: to you though. I can't imagine the thought

8. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm sure they are having a great time! My kids loved being in the pre-school class at daycare. They had a blast. Can't wait to see some pictures!

9. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

Awww, How cute!! I am sure they had fun. Ava and Olivia started last week and they did not even look back at me!!

Our babies are growing too fast!!!

Don't forget the pics!

10. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

Mine went to meet their JK (Junior Kindergarten) teacher today so it was an easy day for me. Their actual first day is the 19th, at which time I'm sure I'll be in the same shape as you. It's only 2 days per week, but such a big step. I'm right there with you!!

11. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it went well! I hope they give you a full report tonight :)

12. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Well, it all went great! It's hard to get a full report from 3 year olds, but they described circle time and Jade said they "sit in spots" and I asked them if they sit next to each other and they said no, which is probably good. They didn't remember any of the other kids' names yet. I told them they should ask. They had snack time and played in the playground (I heard about all the important stuff). And Melissa says that the other kids "don't know how to take turns."

13. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it went well! The only feedback I've gotten from the girls is that Bea said she fell down and then was picked up, and they are fish (I'm assuming goldfish crackers). I can't wait till they can tell me a little more. It sounds like your girls had fun and I bet they are going to love it.

14. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

Congratulations on a great first day of pre-school girls!!! :clapping:

15. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

That is so funny that she said that about not taking turns. Because Ava said the same thing about "kids not sharing with me" I guess you learn sharing early by being a twin!! GLad it was a success!!

16. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The pictures are adorable. :wub:

17. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh, Marie! They are so precious!