frizzy, flyaway winter hat hair

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MichelleL, Jan 4, 2008.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Two questions...

One of my girls has lots of hair that has severe bedhead every morning. I usually wet it down and recomb it every morning and then after nap, it's the same way. Any way I can avoid this?

Also, both girls had SEVERE hat head with bad flyaway hair yesterday. Is there anything I can do to tame the flyaways when I take their hats off?

Thanks so much!!

2. Kathy1109

Kathy1109 Well-Known Member

Michelle--No advice...just wanted to say that Clare has the same problem. She has a huge mop of red hair and she looks like the Chucky doll from Child's Play when she gets up every morning. I am curious to see what everyone does. I usually have to rewet and comb her hair everyday. I attached a picture of what I call "Clare Hair".

Attached Files:

3. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

We use a little of the J&J no more tangles spray and that seems to help Maggie - I have no idea why. Beth & Jackie don't have enough hair yet to have hair issues yet. :laughing: Still.

4. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Dunno, my girls still look like boys. :umm:

5. MichelleL

QUOTE(Kathy1109 @ Jan 4 2008, 10:19 AM) [snapback]557207[/snapback]
    I attached a picture of what I call "Clare Hair".

QUOTE(EmilyM @ Jan 4 2008, 11:12 AM) [snapback]557295[/snapback]
    Beth & Jackie don't have enough hair yet to have hair issues yet. :laughing: Still.

QUOTE(brandycaviness @ Jan 4 2008, 11:34 AM) [snapback]557329[/snapback]

:rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo:

Umm...thanks! :D

6. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Jan 4 2008, 12:03 PM) [snapback]557362[/snapback]
    :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo:

Umm...thanks! :D

Well, it made you laugh at least!

Just grabbed the bottle we use on Maggie. "Johnson Buddies No more tangles easy comb spray" Pink spray bottle - found at Target with the other Buddies products - probably with the baby stuff.

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(brandycaviness @ Jan 4 2008, 11:34 AM) [snapback]557329[/snapback]

LOL! Same here Brandy! I second the J&J no more tangles stuff. I used it on Hannah when she finally grew some hair...around 3. :lol:

8. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest No More Tangles too. Also you can spray some that no static cling stuff on their winter hats and let it dry.

Patrick's hair just sticks up no matter what I do to it, depending on how he slept. I found washing it works the best. Eventually their hair will be long enough and you can put it in pigtails etc and that will cure it.

9. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

I have a solution, I have a solution. Not for the bedhead, but for the fly aways. Stick a dryer sheet in your pocket and when the hat comes off, do a quick rub down with the dryer sheet. Works for my girls!

10. shoudeshell

shoudeshell Well-Known Member

No advice either Michell, my two have the exact same thing...I was hoping for help as well. I'll try the tangle spray too!

11. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

Don't know if it really works, but I've heard that satin pillowcases help with bedhead. Elliot has a crazy case of it every morning and after nap. His hair is all beautiful on the sides and the top and the back is like a rats nest. We just use the detangler, but I've thought about getting him some satin bedding . . . very luxurious.

-Rachel

12. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with both of them when they do not have their helmets on(which should be completely done soon). I just have been using the J&J no more tangles. I don't do anything with it if no one is coming over or we are not going out. It is not worth the upset they have even with the no more tangles. Hey at least me and dh get lots of laughs. LOL

13. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We don't have the hat issue, but we do get radical bedhead with Hannah. J&J detangler is wonderful. We use it after baths, in the morning, and after naps. And when she was tiny, it would help with the rat's nest carseat hair!

14. MichelleL

QUOTE(twoin2005 @ Jan 4 2008, 05:12 PM) [snapback]557894[/snapback]
    And when she was tiny, it would help with the rat's nest carseat hair!

:rotflmbo: Omgosh! My girls get that SOOO bad!!