attn frat mommas

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by nicolegalchutt, Apr 25, 2008.

1. nicolegalchutt

nicolegalchutt Well-Known Member

So theres alot of us that are wondering whether our babies are frat or ID. I was wondering if those of you that have frat babies could post pics so we can see how alike they could look and yet be frats. Or see how obvious it is that they are frat and make us realize that ours might be ID since we have to question it. Get what I'm saying? Anyway, I would just be intersted to see frat pics that are definatly frat- if there are any of you out there. Even pics of babies that are defianlty ID so I be a better frat/ID guesser. ;)

2. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

3. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

My girls are in my avatar and my siggy. They look NOTHING alike, they have no similarities at all, everything is different, they dont even look like sisters nevermind twins. Maia is my little caucasian and Sofia is mediterranean looking.

4. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

Cohlee, that is SO funny because MY Maya is the light one and my Sofia is the dark one :D

5. SpinDaisy

SpinDaisy Well-Known Member

6. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

7. nicolegalchutt

thats funny that there are two sets of sofia and mayas! awesome! well, now im going to have to get my boys tested cause I think some of those frats look a bit ID. It must just be that being born at the same time and being siblings can create a strong resemblence. If your babies are ID can they have slighly different hairlines or will they be the exact same? My one boy has a definite widows peak and the other is more curvy, but then they are both losing hair so who knows..

8. caryanne07

caryanne07 Well-Known Member

OK. Here are my frats.

Attached Files:

9. erinkontos

erinkontos Well-Known Member

QUOTE(gavinsmom @ Apr 25 2008, 08:43 PM) [snapback]739861[/snapback]
    thats funny that there are two sets of sofia and mayas! awesome! well, now im going to have to get my boys tested cause I think some of those frats look a bit ID. It must just be that being born at the same time and being siblings can create a strong resemblence. If your babies are ID can they have slighly different hairlines or will they be the exact same? My one boy has a definite widows peak and the other is more curvy, but then they are both losing hair so who knows..

I am thinking the same thing!!! AND I thought mine were starting to look more identical. They shared a placenta from very early on w/ a very thin dividing membrane. However, now that I have seen pictures of frats that look alike to me, I am wondering, as well. The mystery of it all is starting to get to me...my dh does not want to test b/c he thinks it will be a fun surprise to see if they look alike over the years. I don't know if I can wait that long. ;-)

10. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HinSD @ Apr 25 2008, 08:34 PM) [snapback]739845[/snapback]
    Cohlee, that is SO funny because MY Maya is the light one and my Sofia is the dark one :D

hahaha, thats hilarious! I just showed your picture to my mother and said 'guess which baby is Sofia' :p

11. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

12. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

13. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

with only 1 or 2 exceptions, those frats look a LOT alike to me!!! i guess i'm pretty lucky i had a b/g set, because i'm apparently LOUSY at telling kids apart LOL

they are all beautiful, by the way!

sandra

14. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

mine are so different they dont even look like siblings:

Attached Files:

15. mandyanna

mandyanna Well-Known Member

My girls are NOTHING alike Grace has my skin tone red hair and brown eyes, Sarah has olive skin tone, black hair, and blue eyes!

16. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Most people can tell ours boys are frats. Except for the first day after they were born, we could tell the difference right away:

Jake & Josh 1

Jake & Josh 2

17. sthomas81

sthomas81 Well-Known Member

18. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Everyone's babies are so cute! I plan to have my girls tested. We painted their toenails when they were five days old and their bracelets slipped off. (Cassidy has a pink left toenail, and Chloe has a purple right one.) Tonight I spent 45 minutes with Cassidy, feeding her, etc. Then when I went to change her I saw that it was really Chloe! This isn't the first time one of us has done that either... :winking0009:

19. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

20. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

21. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

22. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

23. JVC0625

JVC0625 Well-Known Member

Our boys look just alike. The only difference is that Dominic has a birthmark on his leg. And that is the ONLY difference. Amazing. Even though our doctor tested the placentas after they were born because they looked so identical, and they were fraternal, she swears they look identical. And they certainly do. Their picture is on my profile, I can't figure out how to post a pic on here.

24. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

25. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

26. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

27. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

I just can't believe how cute all these kids are. It just warms my heart to see all these little twinkies and it reminds me how lucky I am to have my very own set!! :wub:

I think a lot of the frats look very much alike!

28. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

the girls at 4 months :

View attachment 3085

my girls are frats - they do have a lot of similarities, most strangers can't tell them apart but it is very obvious to us

Attached Files:

29. nicolegalchutt

QUOTE(JVC0625 @ Apr 25 2008, 09:48 PM) [snapback]740102[/snapback]
    Our boys look just alike. The only difference is that Dominic has a birthmark on his leg. And that is the ONLY difference. Amazing. Even though our doctor tested the placentas after they were born because they looked so identical, and they were fraternal, she swears they look identical. And they certainly do. Their picture is on my profile, I can't figure out how to post a pic on here.

I don't get it. How can the DR tell by looking at the placenta if they are ID or not? Is it the DNA they examine in it? My boys definatley had two placentas but the Dr never said anything about examing it to tell if they are ID or not, he said you'd have to get DNA tested to know. hmmm, now I'm confused.

30. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

QUOTE(gavinsmom @ Apr 25 2008, 11:57 PM) [snapback]740294[/snapback]
    I don't get it. How can the DR tell by looking at the placenta if they are ID or not? Is it the DNA they examine in it? My boys definatley had two placentas but the Dr never said anything about examing it to tell if they are ID or not, he said you'd have to get DNA tested to know. hmmm, now I'm confused.

If there were 2 placentas it's entirely possible they are still ID. Most doctors still think that 2 placentas + 2 sacs = fraternal.

This is a picture of the boys but I forget how old they were (less than 12 months I think?). Sean left, James right.

31. DavisDivas

DavisDivas Well-Known Member

32. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Geesh I really suck at this identical/fraternal game. Sooo many of those frats look a LOT alike to me! I even asked our Ped yesterday, since apparantly people on here believe mine are identical & he just laughed. Maybe you have to be in person? He said there's NO way ours are identical, which made me feel better ;). Plus, I have co workers who can tell them apart who have never even met them! If you look at baby pics of DH & I, Conner is a SPITTING image of his daddy & Aiden looks a LOT like his Mama!

8 1/2 months

4 months

2 months

5 weeks

Now that I look back, they do look more like siblings now than they did when they were little!!!!

BTW, there are some BEAUTIFUL twinkies on this forum! My goodness they're ALLLLL CUTE!

33. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Here are the girls at 5 1/2 months old: http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc66/ll...diescamping.jpg

As you can see they look nothing alike! M (on the top) has darker hair (and her beloved mowhawk which left around 9 months old) and blue eyes. A has lighter hair and green/hazel eyes and a slightly rounder face. Aside from the physicial differences, we know they are frat because they have different blood types.

34. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

May I ask how you guys who know you have frats are 100% sure?? I can see in most of them that it is obvious!!! But there are a few who I still think are ID- like Andrea's for sure. LOL!

Okay.. just curious and Gavin's mom- show us more pics pls! I think yours are looking ID from your signature but it's hard to tell.

35. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

This is too cute! I'm more confused than ever now. Most of those frats look ID to me. I always think Outnumbered's girls are ID in pics, but when you see them in person, you can tell (plus they have diff. blood types). I'm wondering if our cameras are playing tricks! Thanks for posting all of your pics!