Does anybody else's one year olds have hair?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by CROSSTWINS, Jun 12, 2008.

1. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

I mean seriously. They don't even have enough hair to cover their head yet. I have never had to brush it and sure don't need any shampoo. We still just use the baby soap on their head. Is this hereditary? My older dd didn't have hair till she was one but then she got a head full. Here is a pic of my baldies. Anybody else have pictures of their's?
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/C.../Picture040.jpg

2. 2Xthelove

2Xthelove Well-Known Member

your babies are adorable. although mine do have hair i wanted to let you know that no you are not the only one out there lol. i saw a post like this on first year and i know some of these ladies here have baldies and will show you pics too. don't worry their hair will grow it just takes time. before you know it your going to be posting on how to keep them still to brush their hair :laughing:

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Missy, my babies just turned 2(!), and Emma still has no hair! :lol: I kind of expected it, as Hannah was slow in getting hers too! My boys have definitely got the girls beat in the baby hair department(although not by much!).

4. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

Three of mine didn't really get any hair until they were 2.

5. rjmoni26

rjmoni26 Well-Known Member

i'm lucky mine were born with a bunch of hair.. but they took after me... DH tho.. he was born bald, and bald till he was 2!!!

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Here were my girls just last summer. People thought they were boys unless I had pink on them. Don't be discouraged, it will eventually grow out. My girls' hair has grown a lot since January and I actually can put it up into little pigtails (little bitty ones).

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o113/ut.../DavisAandS.jpg

7. Alli Baby

Alli Baby Well-Known Member

I'm glad you posted this!! I have one with lots of hair (relatively, of course) and one that has hair but not enough to pass as a girl. I'm so ready for the latter one to grow hair. Everyone comes up to me and says, "oh, you've got a boy and a girl (even though they are usually dressed from head to toe in pink)." I'm looking forward to having both girls with hair.

8. Grandma2TwinBoys

Grandma2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

Missy, your girls are so cute. I did laugh when I looked at the picture though, because they have more hair than my 14-month-old grandson has! My newest grandbaby even has more hair than he does, lol.

Enjoy those little ones, and just remind yourself of all the hairbrushing tantrums you're not having to deal with yet! :D

Attached Files:

9. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

DD just started getting more hair in the last month or so (she is now 16 months old). My mom told me I was a baldy when I was a baby too, so maybe it does. Her hair is coming in a beautiful red color too and I know that is from my side of the family!

10. hikerkira

hikerkira Well-Known Member

As you can see in my avatar my girls are slow to grow theirs too! It is very strange since DH and I had hair, and DS needed a haircut before he was one. I really really want to put it in pigtails!

11. shoudeshell

shoudeshell Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Alli Baby @ Jun 12 2008, 08:25 PM) [snapback]824077[/snapback]
    I'm glad you posted this!! I have one with lots of hair (relatively, of course) and one that has hair but not enough to pass as a girl. I'm so ready for the latter one to grow hair. Everyone comes up to me and says, "oh, you've got a boy and a girl (even though they are usually dressed from head to toe in pink)." I'm looking forward to having both girls with hair.

This could have described my two as well...and I get the same comment...I usually always dress Rebekah (the one with less hair) in pink otherwise she is called a boy! Here are some pics of them.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/2...ol/100_2362.jpg Rebekah...less hair
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/2...ol/100_2361.jpg Rachel...lots of hair

12. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

My boys are coming up for 16 months and one just is starting to get some hair (the other has hair, but it didn't get going for months!). Neither has ever had a hair cut.

13. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Jacob is a card-carrying member of the baldy club. His head feels like velvet!! Here he is one morning in May (he'll one in TWO days!!!!).

14. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]My lil ones just turned one today :(

DD still doesn't have much hair...DS has quite a bit of hair where it's starting to come over his ears. I can't get myself to cut his, when Alexis doesn't have any ;)

I was 'bald' when I was little too ~ my older DD was also, however her hair started growing pretty well about 10 months. Hoping Alexis' starts soon ;)

Alexis & Peyton

April :)
    [/SIZE]

15. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies. It is nice to know that my girls aren't the only baldies.

16. AimeeS

AimeeS Well-Known Member

They are adorable!!!! I love the no hair! Sophie's a baldie too. But it's starting to come it. Think of it this way - one less thing for you to think about :)

April! You have some cuties!

17. sagertwins

sagertwins Well-Known Member

Your not alone mine are 20 months and they dont have any yet eather....
    Im not sure how to post a pic on here yet.

18. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Elizabeth doesn't have much! Catherine's was pretty slim at one, but she had long hair by 2. I keep waiting for Elizabeth's to be long enough for a bow :)

19. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

dd is two and barely has any hair, she had none at 12 months!!!