Silly question

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Irishlisa, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Irishlisa

Irishlisa Well-Known Member

Any advice on how keep track of which pacifier belongs to who? Mostly for family members because I have a pink one for Taryn and a purple one for Teagan. It's a silly question but no one can remember but me. I've even written down....

2. brlowe

brlowe Well-Known Member

I don't care which one gets which pacifier. I stopped trying to keep up with it months ago. Maybe you could write their name on it with a Sharpie? They put their initials on it that way when my girls went to day care. I know you can also order pacifiers with their names printed on them, I have a friend who did that. Good luck!

3. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Do they have hard plastic on them somewhere? Can you get one of those craft engravers and put initials on them? We just use whichever paci is handy for whichever baby needs it.

4. Irishlisa

Thanks, I never thought about writing on them. I honestly could care less but DH is nervous about them passing germs to each other. The NICU docs and nurses turned him into a germ freak <_< and Teagan had thrush from being on antibiotics for 8 weeks. It's cleared up but he's convinced we shouldn't take a chance.

5. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I tried Sharpie on ours (we use the Soothie ones) when we got home from the NICU. It washed off so we gave up.

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I never kept track of who's pacifier belonged to who, I had enough to keep track of. My whole theory was if they are going to get sick, they are most likely BOTH going to get sick regardless of sharing paci's, bottles etc because they are always within such close quarters.

7. Flutterbymama

Flutterbymama Well-Known Member

If you're going to stick with the pink/purple theme then purple & Teagan both have 6 letters - longer word/longer name, pink = Taryn shorther word/shorter name. That's all I can come up with for word associations. There are the pacifier holder things that you attach to the paci and clip to their shirt. that may be your easiest option.

ETA: remove quoted post.

8. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

We were fanatics when the boys were a few months old but that changed quickly. You won't be able to keep them from sharing their germs for long, soon they will share toys and blankets and cups and it will be a free for all.

9. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

We also never cared who had which pacifier except when we had a bit of a thrush outbreak & our Ped said we HAD to keep things separate (ha). We tied a small piece of dental floss around Aiden's, but then again, someone had to remember that Aiden = floss. Sharpie never worked because it wore off. I do 'color code' cups for my boys since we put Pediasure in Aiden's sippies but not Conner's. Conner always gets blue & Aiden always gets green or red (usually green, but sometimes red if it was a blue/red set). On the days that they go to family, to help family remember, I always dress them in the color of their cup. That usually helps them. Can you dress your girls in pink/purple to match their pacifiers when family is around? Or paint a toenail pink/purple? Hopefully your DH will quickly learn that you won't be able to keep their things separate & it won't matter.....

10. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Only one of mine ever took a paci, but for daycare I wrote her name on it with a sharpie. Between the two of them, I didn't care if they shared (since my non-paci user sometimes stole the paci to antagonize her sister).

11. HT

HT Well-Known Member

I gave up trying to separate them a long time ago. I fed them from the same spoon so what was the point. As they got older they put the same toys in their mouths. They drink out of whatever sipping cup they find. They put their fingers in the other's mouth to feel teeth. They even pull pacifiers out of the other's mouth if they want it. They are almost always sick at the same time, but I think it just goes along with having twins.

12. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

They'll be chewing on toys and a lot of other things. They'll find ways of sharing germs on their own. I would not be too concerned about sharing plugs!

13. longing2bpg

longing2bpg Active Member

Try a sharpie then paint clear nail polish on it. We carved their initials on it with a knife then traced it with the sharpie, that made the sharpie stay on longer. You could also rough up the plastic part you will write on with some sandpaper, that will also help the marker adhere. You could also try two different brands with different looks.

14. Grandma2TwinBoys

Grandma2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

If you really want to get fancy, there are several websites that sell cute personalized pacifiers:
    http://www.mypacifier.com
    http://www.personalizedpacifiers.com
    http://www.customlabels4u.com/pacifiers-personalized.shtml
    http://www.personalcreations.com/shop/thum...ype=subcategory
    http://www.mambaby.com/websystem301/site/i...ucGhwP2xpZD1lbg

I bought my grandsons some personalized pacifiers at Christmas (I tied them in the ribbons on their presents instead of tags!) that are really cute and they are their favorite pacis, but I can't for the life of me find the website again. My DD would love to have some more pacis like that, personalized or not, so hopefully I'll run across it again soon. If I do, I'll try to remember to post it here.

Of course, even having personalized pacis doesn't keep them from trading/sharing. Most of the time my grandsons have their brothers' pacifier instead of their own. I don't think there's much you can do to stop them from sharing.

Here's a picture of one of my little guys with his favorite personalized paci ... if anyone has seen these online, I'd love to know where! :D These came in a set of three different colors per name. Thanks!

Attached Files:

15. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Mine share everything!

16. Irishlisa

Thanks everyone!!!! I made DH read all the replies so he would quickly get over it, didn't work so far and he wants to order personalized ones (thanks for the info Grammy). He says that when they start crawling then he won't care as much. :rolleyes:

17. becky5

becky5 Guest

Hi Lisa(and DH!),

My babies also shared paci's!

(hope that helped! :lol:)

18. eviedc

eviedc Well-Known Member

My dr actually told me to keep bottles and pappies separate. My dh and I shook our heads, "ok" and when we got home let them share. They are 3 months old and share everything. If there is a bit left over in one bottle and the other one is still hungry well they can gave that bit. We figure they are twins it's going to be next to impossible to keep one well while the other is sick.

evie

19. asahlin

asahlin Well-Known Member

QUOTE(evieand4kids @ Jun 23 2008, 10:27 PM) [snapback]842397[/snapback]
    My dr actually told me to keep bottles and pappies separate. My dh and I shook our heads, "ok" and when we got home let them share. They are 3 months old and share everything. If there is a bit left over in one bottle and the other one is still hungry well they can gave that bit. We figure they are twins it's going to be next to impossible to keep one well while the other is sick.

evie

ya my mom just about had a coniption when i shared bottles. She is so silly

20. caryanne07

caryanne07 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JicJac @ Jun 23 2008, 12:33 PM) [snapback]841308[/snapback]
    They'll be chewing on toys and a lot of other things. They'll find ways of sharing germs on their own. I would not be too concerned about sharing plugs!

Ditto this! Plus, Daniel has now figured out how to take Ben's paci out of his mouth! Doesn't impress Ben too much!

eta: Just thought of something related to this. We had a visiting nurse come to the house after the boys came home from the hospital. They just check to make sure everyone is adjusting OK. Nothing major. But she asked me if I washed my hand between babies? OMG! You have got to be kidding me! We did this for a while when they were in the NICU (when we thought Ben had an infection), but my goodness! Is this even practical?

21. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two share binkies, bottles, spoons, toys, and now they're even sharing thrush and a cold! Woo!

22. lorig6

lorig6 Well-Known Member

My babies share everything. Leah will take Justin's paci out of his mouth and stick it in hers. I even let them share bottles if one doesn't drink theirs. Unless one is really sick, I don't keep track of anything.