Halloween Costume

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Sullyirishtwins, Aug 2, 2008.

1. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

Okay we changed from Luke and Leia to the Adams family because my younger brothers want to go in on it. So I will be Morticia, DH Gomez, DD will be Wednesday, DS either pugsly or the baby from the second movie, my taller brother will be lurch and my other brother uncle fester!

2. twins1231

twins1231 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Sullyirishtwins @ Aug 2 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]909780[/snapback]
    I know it is a bit early but I am having a hard time deciding which costume to get for this year. Last year I went with a simple costume "Chicago Bears" Football/Cheerleader. But now I want them get into a cute costume for photo / halloween party. My twins will be 2 yrs old on Sept. 30th. They are still wearing 24 mos clothes. (For their first halloween, I just got them a cute halloween bib)

If anyone selling their Halloween costume from last year, please post a picture of it to share for those who might want to buy it. I check the twins shopping / auction - none for updated. I thought this would be a good way to swamp halloween costumes if you do sell yours to someone else on TB.

Thanks,
    D, w/Rianna and Justin (22 mos)

We did Chicago Bears cheerleading outfits too. We are originally from the Chicago area. I'm thinking about princess costumes and dressing up their wagon a little. Emily acts like little miss queen. Last year she sat in her wagon with her candy while daddy and Samantha pulled her around.

3. Kerry1976

Kerry1976 Well-Known Member

I haven't officially decided yet..but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can find an Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy outfit as In the Night Garden is such a HUGE hit in Canada right now...my two LOVE them and ask for Iggle daily.

If that doesn't work out, then Max will be a Giraffe and Eowyn will be a fairy.

4. sellet04

sellet04 Well-Known Member

I haven't decided, but I am thinking either monkeys, bears, or something to do with thomas the train or Cars. I was also thinking about making them this year since DH got me a sewing machine for christmas.... is it hard to make costumes?

I haven't decided, but I am thinking either monkeys, bears, or something to do with thomas the train or Cars. I was also thinking about making them this year since DH got me a sewing machine for christmas.... is it hard to make costumes?

5. JessicaD

JessicaD Well-Known Member

We had "Fajitas" last year! LOL I wanted both Chili Peppers, but Target didn't have one that fit Donnie. So I got him the chicken. I can't remember the sizes, but if anyone is interested, they did not sell at my last yard sale!
    Tiana the Chili Pepper
    Donnie the Chicken

6. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mandyfish3 @ Aug 4 2008, 11:58 AM) [snapback]912555[/snapback]
    we were "monkey see" and "monkey do"

bought from Old navy then used some felt and hot glue gun for the letters
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/man...ttlemonkeys.jpg

Still debating this year!

That is so stinkin cute!! I may copy you!

First year they were elephants

Second year they were chickens

Attached Files:

7. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

Maybe Dorothy and the Cowardly Lion

Maybe Elmo and Cookie Monster

Maybe Thing 1 and Thing 2

First year they were pea pods
    Second year they were Pebbles and Bam Bam

8. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

Brandy's little chickens gave me an idea...how about a chicken and an egg?? Has anyone seen a cute "egg" costume?

Oh, and feel free to copy my monkeys! If they were the right size, I'd sent them to you, but they are way too small!! (6-12 months...)

9. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

My boys are going to be firefighters. I can't wait.

10. rensejk

rensejk Well-Known Member

We're going to be Thing 1 and Thing 2 this year, if we can find blue wigs small enough to fit their heads. DH and I will make the rest of the costume out of red PJs.

Last year they were a monkey and a banana, mostly because those were the only two costumes left at Target and they were dirt cheap!

11. Kymy

Kymy Well-Known Member

Well last year the girls were lobsters cause I got them at the local twins consignment sale cheap! This year I am thinking of doing a girly thing 1 & thing 2 & have DS be the cat in the hat. We will see!

For boy/girl twins I love raggedy ann & andy!

12. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I usually don't get too excited about Halloween, but I went the other night and bought a pattern for my kids costumes. They are going to be Dorothy and the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz. My mom and I already bought the fabric and I can't wait.

13. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone!

I noticed they have Star Wars costume coming out this Fall. Anyone doing one? I just wanted to let you all know that www.disneyshopping.com is having a clearance sale on those 'Buzz Light" and/or "Fairy".

QUOTE(KJS @ Aug 8 2008, 07:04 AM) [snapback]920058[/snapback]
    I usually don't get too excited about Halloween, but I went the other night and bought a pattern for my kids costumes. They are going to be Dorothy and the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz. My mom and I already bought the fabric and I can't wait.

That is such adorable idea!