Where do you store all your books?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by [email protected], Sep 16, 2008.

1. angeez78@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

My DS has tons of books, but alot of them are for when he is older and actually ready to sit and listen to a story! Those books are in his room on a bookshelf. THe ones we use regularly (about 20) are in our living room on a sofa table (like a coffee table with shelves). Well I think it looks sloppy. They get pushed behind and I would just like something to contain them but yet accessible for my DS to get the one he wants. ANy suggestions? BTW we don't have alot of room.

Thanks!

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I bought the ones in the attachment from Target. Against the wall with the books are actually 2 units; each one has 9 cubbies.

Attached Files:

3. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

We have a basket of books in the family. A bookshelf with books in the playroom and our play area up stairs. Each child has a bookshelf with books in his/her room. We keep the "older" books on the shelf in the play area upstairs and sometimes the kids will get into them; however, not often.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We have two huge bookshelves in our living room -- the bottom two shelves on both are for the kids' books, and the rest are for DH and me. (Fortunately for us, our twins have never shown any inclination to either climb the bookshelves or pull all the books off.)

5. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

We have a basket of books in the living room and a basket in their bedroom. I have all of the overflow books (we have tons of them) in a dresser drawer in their closet. I rotate the books out every so often.

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We keep a few baskets laying around with their books in them.

7. koozie

koozie Well-Known Member

We have a 3-shelf bookshelf nailed to the wall upstairs in their room. I only keep hard-page / thick-page books there. I keep the paper-page books downstairs in a room they can't go in, and bring up a few at night to read to them while they are in their cribs just before bed. Mine woudl LOVE to get at the paper books and tear out the pages, so I have to keep them safe.

8. thetaphi_62

thetaphi_62 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Sep 16 2008, 02:43 PM) [snapback]982730[/snapback]
    We keep a few baskets laying around with their books in them.

We do this as well. The fabric easter baskets that the grandparents have given over the past 2 years work really great, and look cute as well (we have frogs and elmo). The overflow are in toy chests in the playroom that they can't open yet. Then I also rotate. We also have another small toychest in the family room that has books, toys, and whatever else I want to get off the floor. They only have access to the board books and some flip ups. I keep some of their favorite flip ups in a cabinet that is easy to get to for those moments when I need some major distraction. But then when they are settled, they go away, so that they aren't destroyed.