birth announcements

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by julesbabies, Oct 20, 2008.

1. julesbabies

julesbabies Well-Known Member

I never sent out birth annoucements and now our babies are over 4 months old. Christmas is coming so I could find a way to combine the announcement into a holiday card. Or, I could still get announcements out. Any thoughts? How late is too late?

Any cute sayings for combining holiday and twins???

We just had photos taken of babies and us.

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I thinking sending a combined card and announcement is a cute idea. As far as how late is too late for a birth announcement I have no idea! I think mine were out within a month of the girls being born but that's b/c my mom did it for me.

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I definitely don't think it is too late to send out a birth announcement/Christmas card.

Maybe something like....

Double the Peace
    Double the Joy
    We've been blessed with beautiful twin Boys, Miles and Noah, born on 6.24.2008

or...

Our house is full of Love, Peace, and Joy - we've been blessed with beautiful Twin Boys!

I could keep going, I love coming up with little things like this - but I'm probably too corny for most people! :)

4. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I would think you could do it. There is probably a general consenus on what is late but with Christmas less than 2 months away, I think you could swing it. PP had some great sayings. I know a friend of mine didn't send out hers until they were 5 or 6 months old and it was just as nice to get!

ETA : if you send them out on the first of December that wouldn't be bad at all!

5. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mama23boys @ Oct 20 2008, 02:46 PM) [snapback]1033862[/snapback]
    I definitely don't think it is too late to send out a birth announcement/Christmas card.

Maybe something like....
    Double the Peace
    Double the Joy
    or...

Our house is full of Love, Peace, and Joy - we've been blessed with beautiful Twin Boys!
    I could keep going, I love coming up with little things like this - but I'm probably too corny for most people! :)

These are ADORABLE!! We sent out our Christmas card w/ letter for our birth announcement (boys were born in Sept). I wish I would have had a cute saying though!

6. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

Maybe something like....
    Double the Peace
    Double the Joy
    or...

Thats perfect! she should use that:) :D

7. jjzollman

Thought of another one...

Our Christmas Miracle Came in Twos -
    Twin Baby Boys Dressed in Blue!

8. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mama23boys @ Oct 20 2008, 06:15 PM) [snapback]1034201[/snapback]
    Thought of another one...
    Our Christmas Miracle Came in Twos -
    Twin Baby Boys Dressed in Blue!

:good: :bubble:

9. julesbabies

Oh these are all excellent ideas! I am going to do this! There are many people from our wedding invitation list who we would normally send christmas cards who do not even know we have babies!

Thank you for your help! If anyone else has good ideas- keep them rolling...

How about some really fun ones about rocking around the chrismas tree.... ?? 2+2more keep them coming!

10. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I think that would be great. Ours were born in November so we combined the card. I kept it very simple.
    (I edited out the names)
    Here it is:

Attached Files:

11. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

What is a cute saying for girls??

12. julesbabies

Maybe something like....
    Double the Peace
    Double the Joy
    or...

Keep um coming ;)

13. ShelbyJ

ShelbyJ Well-Known Member

We sent a combined birth announcement/Christmas card and all it said was... "Just in time for the holidays..." and had their individual pictures with birthdate, weight, length, etc. and we also had a small family picture that simply said under it, Merry Christmas from....

Maybe I'm just not creative! Ha Ha!

14. jjzollman

Thought of a few more while I was pumping....

We've got a treat that can't be beat...
    Two Baby Boys for you to meet!
    ----------------------------------------

Christmas time is twice as sweet
    When twin baby boys are the treat!
    -----------------------------------------

Christmas time is twice the fun
    With 2 Baby Boys instead of one!

Tis the Season of Peace, Love, and Joy
    Made extra special by our 2 new Bundles of Boy!
    -------------------------------------------------------

What is better than a Christmas Toy?
    Our two new Bundles of Boy!!
    -----------------------------------------------

I'm all out of rhyming creativity at this point. Pumping is so boring - it was fun to have something creative to think about! :D

15. mmbadger

mmbadger Well-Known Member

I didn't get mine out until the babies were 6 months old. I felt a bit pathetic, but at least they were sent!

16. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Birth announcements?? What's that!? I didn't even do any, so I think you are still within the acceptable time range! : )

17. Kate1587

Kate1587 Well-Known Member

I like www.tinyprints.com and
    www.doodlebugdezigns.com

We got our announcements from Tiny Prints and they can work with any card to make it
    an announcement/Christmas card. The girls there can help you with any wording.

18. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I was right on top of it with my first, then with the others they were progressively later. I almost prefer waiting now b/c the babies look even cuter in their picture! ;) I love the idea of combining the Christmas card and birth announcement. Love the cute sayings too!

19. mairoge

mairoge Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mama23boys @ Oct 21 2008, 08:57 PM) [snapback]1036077[/snapback]
    Thought of a few more while I was pumping....
    We've got a treat that can't be beat...
    Two Baby Boys for you to meet!

Christmas time is twice as sweet
    When twin baby boys are the treat!
    -----------------------------------------

Christmas time is twice the fun
    With 2 Baby Boys instead of one!
    Tis the Season of Peace, Love, and Joy
    Made extra special by our 2 new Bundles of Boy!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    What is better than a Christmas Toy?
    Our two new Bundles of Boy!!
    -----------------------------------------------

I'm all out of rhyming creativity at this point. Pumping is so boring - it was fun to have something creative to think about! :D

You're really good at this!

20. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

ok.. we all know who to contact for sayings!! (mama23boys!! holy cow woman - you have a gift for this!)
    in regards to being too late or not -- I say go for it! I do custom announcments and have had clients do older babies -- I'd say within 6-8 months is still acceptable... plus like a pp said - you're apt to get cuter photos at this age! yippee!!

21. jjzollman

QUOTE(shandy @ Oct 22 2008, 09:33 PM) [snapback]1037999[/snapback]
    ok.. we all know who to contact for sayings!! (mama23boys!! holy cow woman - you have a gift for this!)
    in regards to being too late or not -- I say go for it! I do custom announcments and have had clients do older babies -- I'd say within 6-8 months is still acceptable... plus like a pp said - you're apt to get cuter photos at this age! yippee!!

:blush: Thank you! Seriously, I just enjoy it. Must be the teacher in me - or the rhyming fanatic - either way, I love coming up with cute sayings!