“Your Baby Can Read”

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sruth, Jun 19, 2009.

1. sruth

sruth Well-Known Member

“Your Baby Can Read”

I’m looking for more indoor activities to do with the girls other than the same old stuff. I’m thinking this might be a good activity that we can do together and at the same time they just might learn something…? I’m really not too concerned about them getting into Harvard next year :rolleyes: , just looking for fun activates that they can also learn from. Maybe you have had experience with something a little less expensive?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've seen this advertised and I have no idea if it works or not. I don't know of any other less expensive programs then that one, though they might be out there. Our kids have a lot of books, so we try to rotate them daily to read to them. Though I will say DS is obsessed with Goodnight Moon and Maggie Can Count.

3. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

My kids can't read, but they love their letters and know most of the letter sounds. They really love the Leap Frog Letter Factory DVD, and it's great for teaching them their letter sounds. There is also a Word Factory DVD. Those might be fun. Not super interactive, but you can talk with them about the letters and play with magnetic letters on a cookie sheet... stuff like that!

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I haven't tried that, but our library has an awesome dvd section! I looked for this title yesterday but they didn't have it. I do really like the Signing Time series and its fun to see them learning the signs.