1 potty seat or 2?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jhart923, Jan 5, 2011.

1. jhart923

jhart923 Well-Known Member

My girls will be 19 months on monday and they are starting to be more aware of the potty. One went over to the toilet and said poopy then not even 5 minutes later she pooped. They are giving me little signs. I dont think they are ready for complete potty training but I wanted to maybe get a seat or seats to just get them use to it. But I was not sure whether to buy 1 or 2. Or maybe buy 1 now then another when they are really ready for training.

This is the potty we are thinking of getting. Potty Seat Link

2. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

Get two!
    There's nothing worse than on needing to go, and the potty not available.

3. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

Two for sure! It's absolutely not worth the arguments and upset (not to mention possible accidents) when they both want to sit at the same time, which they inevitably will.

We actually had four potties (they were just really basic cheep ones) for my bigger girls when they were training, two upstairs and two downstairs. It was great not having to cart two potties with me whilst also trying to heard two toddlers up or down stairs.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We had three potty chairs (two in the bathroom they usually use, and one in our bathroom!) and two potty rings (one for each big toilet). We could obviously have gotten away without that many, but it was nice to always have something available for their whims: Want to go in the same room as each other, want to go in the same room as Mommy, want to go as far away from each other as possible, etc. :ibiggrin:

I highly recommend the Baby Bjorn ones -- both the chair and the seat. They're simple (which means easy to clean, which is crucial) and lightweight.

ETA: Opinions vary, but I wouldn't go with the one you posted -- lots of crevices where pee can get stuck. If you need a potty and a step stool, get two separate things.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I definitely recommend getting at least two!

6. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Many baby/toddler things, I didn't actually use 2 of at the same time and could have gotten by with just having 1. Potty seats are something you need 2 of!

7. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

we got the IKEA ones that are stackable one piece ones.... LOVE them! very similar to the small Bjorn ones. I ended up getting pink, blue & 2 white ones... we still have 3 out in the bathroom and the kids use the toilet too... UGH! but they are really small and don't take up any room. And in a pinch you can stack them if you want to take up less space.

anyway, I totally recommend 2.

these are the style we have ikea potty like pp said, no cracks or crevices...

8. jhart923

Thank you all so much! We will go with two and maybe additional ones for downstairs. I didn't think about that. Thank you also for the seat suggestions. I will take a look. We didn't order anything yet. Thanks again!!

9. jhart923

I just checked the IKEA potty's out and I'm going to go with them. I didn't think about the crevices but the price is so much better too! LOL

10. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

I bought two thinking I would keep one upstairs and one downstairs, and now I think I am going to buy two more for the same reason!

I got these potties. They stand alone or can be used on the big toliet. They also come with a travel bag, and what I liked the best: the mess just goes into a bag! (you can even use the old plastic grocery bags instead of the resuable ones.