1-year-olds: How much milk do you go through?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Minette, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

OK, next question on the "switching to milk" topic -- I'm just curious how much milk your kids go through in a week? We get a weekly dairy delivery and I need to change my standing order. We went through our first 1/2 gallon in just under 48 hours, I think, so I'm guessing 1.5-2 gallons a week (yikes!)?

2. Minette

OK, next question on the "switching to milk" topic -- I'm just curious how much milk your kids go through in a week? We get a weekly dairy delivery and I need to change my standing order. We went through our first 1/2 gallon in just under 48 hours, I think, so I'm guessing 1.5-2 gallons a week (yikes!)?

3. Tam1969

Tam1969 Well-Known Member

We go through about 3 gallons a week, but I use the milk in cooking or with cereal, too. My DH and DS don't drink milk so it's just us girls that go through that each week.

4. frain2005

frain2005 Well-Known Member

Yeah I say we go through about 3 gallons a week too. Also use that for cooking and cereal as well. I am a big milk drinker but I drink Ultra Skim, so it isn't counted in the 3 gallons of whole milk.

5. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

They go through 2 gallons.

6. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I think at that age they went through about 3-4 gal a week. Now we are down to 2 a week.

7. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

At that age I think we went through 3 gallons a week also. Now we go through 2.

8. LouCee

LouCee Well-Known Member

We go through about 3 gallons for the boys and then also about 3 gallons of skim for ourselves.

9. ads3046

ads3046 Well-Known Member

We go through 2-3 gallons a week.

Angela

10. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I would guess 2.5 maybe. It seemed like we went through a ton of milk at first, but once they switched from bottles to sippies it went down. I'm also putting a little less in the sippies since they never finish them anyway.

11. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

We do 2-3 here too. 1/2 - 1 for us and 2- 2 1/2 for them. They drink whole and we do skim. BUT they still have 2 bottles a day and the rest is in sippies, they don't drink as much in the sippies....

12. denali_ice

denali_ice Well-Known Member

right now as a family, we are going through 1/2 gallon a day

13. Minette

That's true, I'm sure once we switch entirely to sippies it will go down. They drink 6-7 oz from a bottle at morning & bedtime now, but I've never seen them drink more than 4 oz from a sippy.

And I wasn't counting what DH and I drink (about 1 gal of skim a week).

We might have to buy a little dorm fridge just for the milk! [​IMG]

14. stinabina

stinabina Well-Known Member

the boys got through 2 gallons and the rest of us average 1 1/2... my fridge is FULL

15. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

The kids drink a gallon of whole milk every 4 days or so. DH and I go through about a gallon and a half of skim each week.

16. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We average about 2 gallons of whole milk a week for just the two kids.

17. BettiePage

BettiePage Well-Known Member

Hmm, mine must drink a lot -- we still go through about 2 - 2.5 gallons a week, and they are in full-time daycare! We usually do 1.5 gallons on the weekend alone. And this is pretty much strictly for the babies, as my husband and I use soymilk for just about everything else.

18. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

We are in the process of switching off formula to milk and we are going through 2.5-3 gallons a week...