1st Peri appt today, interesting hmm..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Aurie, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Well they are two healthy fraternal girls [​IMG] Lots of interesting things though. Even though two placentas on different sides of the uterus, they are doing everything the same still. Heart rates were 146 and 147. Even though I am just shy of 20 weeks, they are both measuring 22w1d and both at 1 lb 2 oz. Okay, that is a big discrepency in time and isn't that really a big weight for even 22 weeks? Not to mention, how can everything be the same each time?

I am excited that they seem really healthy. But all the sameness is freaking me out. They are not moving my due date, because I have had big babies in the past. All my singletons measure around a week ahead of due date. What they are going to do is test me more then once for GD. Perhaps at each future OB appointment. The peri was going to call my OB and discuss it with him. If they dont' call me by Friday I will call them next week to see if they are going to do the first glucose test at my next appointment or not.

It would be cool to think I am two weeks further ahead. That would put them very close to age of viability and cut two weeks out of the pregnancy [​IMG] BUT I trust my due date. My periods were pretty regular. I know u/s can be off, but that just seems like "off" alot.

I have read on here that bigger is better if you have a premmie. So, I keep telling myself this is not one of the things to worry about.

2. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I think bigger is better in the early stages because growth often tends to level off as they run out of space, thus the general thinking that full term for a multiple pregnancy is shorter than full term for a singleton pregnancy. There just comes a time where the space is used and there is little progression of growth in the later stage. Alot of twins start off measuring more than the average and that is not a bad thing, providing GD is not an issue.

Sounds like things are going well and you are getting great care! Congrats on 20 weeks!

3. traci_roo

traci_roo Well-Known Member

Congrats on the 20wk mark. My twins will measure nearly the same at one appt and vary by a few oz at the next. It could depend on your u/s tech and how accurate their measurements are as well. Sounds like they are doing great. Good luck with the glucose test.

4. mhouse

mhouse Well-Known Member

sounds like a great appt. i wouldnt worry - u/s weights and sizes are often off...

5. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Thank you both for replying. I know it is a silly thing to worry about. But anything outside of normal, seems to throw me lately.