1st year appts... man they are still so small....

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by brianamurnion, Mar 25, 2008.

1. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

We had Ashley and Alyssa's One year check up today and my itty bitties are (Ashley) 17lbs 7oz and in the 5% for weight 28.5 inches and the 25% for height, (Alyssa) 19lbs 4oz and 25% for weight and 30 inches 50% for height... Tall and Skinny like their daddy!! OH and Ashley's head was in the 75% :eek: must be all those brains in there!! :D They are still plugged up from the whole milk but the Doc wants them on 12~16oz of milk a day, so he ordered me to put in two tsp. of mineral oil in each cup, use wheat germ in my pancakes, miralax as needed and benefiber any other time!! They should be looses and gooses soon!! :p Oh not to mention all the prunes and raisins they will get for snacks! They got their shots and are pretty cranky this afternoon.... that should go away by morning right? He was impressed at their language skills B) apparently he can understand "Alyssa lingo" better than me! He says they are right on track for 12 mnth olds with their "near" walking abilities, play time and understanding of things so that is awesome!!

Thanks for letting me brag them up a bit!! Oh and I suppose I will share a pic!!

This one is from their 1st B-Day 2 wks ago but it is the best one I have to show their size! Thanks for looking...
    Ashley yellow Alyssa Green
    http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome...JJg&notag=1

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I think it sounds like they had a great appt.!! :Clap:

3. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Yeah Ashley and Alyssa!

And their shot crankiness should be gone tomorrow!

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Great appt girls!!

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:a_smil09: Great appointment girlies! I also have little girls with big heads and our pedi always says "Because of the big brains inside!"

6. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I've got peanuts too Briana - at 22.5 mos Abby just cracked 20 lbs! my pedi keeps saying "as long as they're healthy" nuttin else matters!

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Oh Briana!! They are beautiful!!! :wub: Love their outfits too!!

Great stats!!! Mine were under 20 lbs. at a year too!! So you aren't that out there! Great appt.!!! WOO HOO!!!

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My Emilie is a little peanut too. :)

Great appt. and super cute picture. :)

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Briana, sounds like a great appointment! :clapping:

My Angie is a peanut as well! ;)

10. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

They are soooo cute.

11. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

Your girls seem to be about the same size as many of th twin girls at 1 year. My grandtwins were 18# something at their one year appointment back in January. I know there were several sets of twins with Dec/Jan bdays that were discussing this back at 1st bday time. They were all in the 17-20# range. As long as they are healthy. My daughter's two are part of the peanut clan.

12. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the wonderful replies! I am not worried about their sizes, as long as they are healthy! I have a friend with a little girl born a week before my DD#1 and she is -20% (no kidding I didnt even know it went negative!) she is so super small and skinny! My mom was also a tiny kid, 50lbs in the 5th grade! My RaeLynn is only 33lbs now at age 4 so I suppose it is genetics, but even she was bigger than this at one year... I think it was because she was a formula baby maybe????

Anywhoo, the mineral oil is already at work with Alyssa this evening... it has been a tad stinky around here tonight! Ashley is super cranky with a touch of a fever but got a little poo out with a hot bath and some motrin and just went straight to sleep! We are in hopes that tomorrow is a great day!

13. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

Great appt!!!

Here's to some poo tomorrow ;) :bad:

14. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

they are so cute, love the photo. Also sounds like the appointment went well, little munchkins

15. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

great apptment and love the pic - pretty girls!

Mine are smallish too - less than 20lbs at 12 months and i freaked about it a bit and am now just trying to go with the flow.