2 1/2 years, ready to wean

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by momof6, Apr 11, 2013.

1. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

Did anyone else or is anyone else completely emotional about weaning? The twins will be 2 1/2 in May. I am ready to have my boobs back to not have them sucking, squeezing and pulling on me, yet I am beside myself. Perhaps it is because we are done, no more babies. I have relished all 6 of my babies and nursing them. I have let the kids wean and the oldest was right around 2 1/2. He wanted chocolate mommy milk, which I could not provide so he was done :) However, I think the twins would go on and on. My DH and I were gone last night and they went down fine for grandma. Tonight I went to the store. They mentioned mommy milk once and I told them I would be at the store. They did fine for DH. Does that signal that they are done? Am I the one having the issues? Please let me know I am not alone. :(

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think it's very normal to feel bittersweet about weaning. :hug: That being said, I don't think what you've described necessarily means they're ready to wean, more that if *you* are, they'll take it in stride. If you aren't ready to wean, then that's fine too. You can breastfeed on the nights you're home and not on the nights you're out. As my girls got closer to weaning we started skipping days here and there and then it was two days in a row and then one time I realized I hadn't breastfed anyone in a week. I think it can be a very two steps forward, one step back organic process.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I am a basketcase when it comes to weaning, especially when it is not my choice! Congrats on making it this long! You rock!!! :woman: