2 ? about 3rd tri weight and fatigue...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by vikkimathews, Jul 19, 2007.

1. vikkimathews

vikkimathews Well-Known Member

Hi -- I have two questions I'm hopeing you can help with...

1) What was your third trimester weight-gain pattern?? At 30 weeks, I had only gained a total of 6 bls this pg (i was overweight to start - and lost quite a bit in the first tri) - but the boys were growing well (about 3 lbs 6 oz at 30 week - just about spot on 50th percentile) - however, I had gained about 1 lb betweek 26 and 30 weeks -- and nothing since (actaully according to my scale I've actually lost almost a lb in the last week). Is this anything to be concerned about?? I'm still eating the same...trying to get my 100g of protien a day ect... but it just worries me that i'm not gaining (and perhaps loosing)

2) I've been pretty lucky so far with this pg -- no back pain, pelvic pressure or general discomfort (so far) -- however, over the last couple of weeks, I've been getting progressivly more and more fatigued. It's not a sleepy kind of fatigue -- it's like when i stand up or walk -- i feel like i'm trying to climb stairs -- musles feel fatigued...get an "out of breath" kind of feeling. I've basiclly baned myself from shoping trips ect 'cause i can't make it through one withough resting. Also, it seems to be WORSE when i just stand, rather then walk. Is this normal??

Thanks for your help!!!!

2. canucktwins

canucktwins Well-Known Member

I'm 34 wks and have started gaining about 3 or 4 lbs a month this trimester. I was overweight to begin with and lost quite a bit the first trimester. My ob is not too concerned about any of it because the babies are growing well. I've also stopped shopping and walking for any distances because I too get the shortness of breath and feel wiped like I could use a big nap! I just took this as a clue that my body was telling me to slow down. I was starting to feel like a senior citizen,always looking for the nearest bench! My ob seems to think it's all very normal. HTH, Jen

3. vikkimathews

vikkimathews Well-Known Member

Thanks Jen! That defintly helps!!

4. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

So far for the first trimester i have gained about 2-3 lbs every 2 weeks but this last time i didnt gain any weight. The babies are basically taking everything from you and it sounds like they are gaining and you are loosing, Just like i am right now. For the tired thing. I cant even sit at the computer with out getting tired. forget doing any housework.. I feel like i might fall over after that. I have been pretty lucky with out all the pains too (i do get some everyonce in a while..) I wouldnt worry as long as the babies are growing!!

5. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

I gained about a pound a week after 24 weeks. I also felt very fatigued, but I was on bedrest and so even a trip to the bathroom took the wind out of my sails!