2 weeks from tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Joanna416, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

I was just sitting here thinking and can't believe that 2 weeks from tomorrow, my little ones will be here. I have so many different emotions about it all and am so scared about everything.

My main concern of course is them getting here safe and healthy - with all of the problems I have had, I just don't know what to think anymore. I am afraid of the actual C-Section of course, the spinal all of that. I almost want a little more time....if that makes any sense at all.

So I think I am just looking for a little encouragement (again.... I'm sorry)

You all have been such a wonderful source for me, I don't know how I would be doing this without you...

Joanna

2. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

Joanna,

I have been following your story all along although I've never posted. I remember thinking "if she can just make it to 26 weeks then maybe they'll be OK", then "if she can make it to 28 weeks, she'll be farther along than I was, and our story turned out just fine", etc. etc. And here you are at 32 weeks . . . I just don't even know what to say, I am so happy for you.

Not much I can tell you about the c-section, as I essentially wasn't even there for mine (general anaesthesia, and not even time to get nervous about it - from the time they decided I was having a c-setion to the time the babies were born was about 10 minutes . . . ), but I can tell you that someday all the hardship of your pregnancy will fade in your memory the moment you see those babies.

Good luck, and I look forward to your updates!

Rachel

3. Joanna416

QUOTE(RachelJoy @ Feb 2 2009, 12:24 PM) [snapback]1172801[/snapback]
    Joanna,

I have been following your story all along although I've never posted. I remember thinking "if she can just make it to 26 weeks then maybe they'll be OK", then "if she can make it to 28 weeks, she'll be farther along than I was, and our story turned out just fine", etc. etc. And here you are at 32 weeks . . . I just don't even know what to say, I am so happy for you.

Not much I can tell you about the c-section, as I essentially wasn't even there for mine (general anaesthesia, and not even time to get nervous about it - from the time they decided I was having a c-setion to the time the babies were born was about 10 minutes . . . ), but I can tell you that someday all the hardship of your pregnancy will fade in your memory the moment you see those babies.

Good luck, and I look forward to your updates!

Rachel

Thank you Rachel....you have no idea how much that means to me......

4. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

How wonderful! You are almost there mama ((hug))!!!! Your babies are happy and healthy and will be in your arms soon!

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Oh my you are 32 weeks!!! That is amazing! Congrats.

6. nicinthebu

nicinthebu Well-Known Member

You're going to do great! You made it this far - the next two weeks are bonus growing time for your litttle ones!! I wish you the very best of luck, although I am sure you are in good hands with your drs. Keep you chin up and soon you will be home with your little ones!!! Yeah!

7. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

34 weeks, that is great news!

how is your little boy doing?

8. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

:woohoo: Good for you!!!! What a great outcome!!!!

I would still take a v/b over a c/s any day. However, I had a c/s with the twins and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. Not great, but not the end of the world. If I could do one thing over, it would be to pre-register at the hosptial so I could talk to someone about the c/s. It was 2 hrs after they were born before I got to see them. If I had known what the hospital policy was I could have requested different things. They could have waited to do things like the bath and photo until after they were brought to me. Little things like that would have reduced my wait time.

Good luck!

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Joanna, :hug:'s woman! I will be keeping all three of you in my thoughts. I can't believe how wonderful you've been doing, that's great! :bow2: All the feelings you are having are totally normal, so share away anytime you want! We're all here for you. :hug: :hug:

10. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I am SOOO happy for you! It has been a long road you've been down and those babies are going to be healthy and strong. I am so amazed you are 32 weeks already! My boys were born at 33 and 1 day and are great. Everyone guesses them to be older than they are and my IUGR guy is taller and heavier than his "big" brother. The spinal was nothing (though I was in a contraction when they did it, so maybe I'm skewed). I actually laughed during the csection as it was a feeling I could not describe. It was like my body was someone elses. I even joked around with the doctor! You're going to do great. I can't wait to hear your birth story!!

11. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am another that has continued to check in and see how you were doing-I remember your post very well saying you were going to lose your boy...I prayed and prayed that they were wrong! I prayed you would make it to 24 weeks viablity-you have beaten the odds and I am so happy to read you will have your babies in your arms in two weeks!!!!
    I did not have a c-section so I can not give you advice on that but I just know that things have been going up and up for you and you will make it through all of this just fine!
    Good luck and I cant wait to read your birth story!

12. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

WTG Joanna, you have done so well! :Clap: I know it has not been easy. :hug:

13. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I have also followed your story and breathe a sigh of relief everytime I see a post from you! That is so great you are already at 32 and 2 more to go. You have done an amazing job and soon you will hold those 2 precious babies and the long road to get there will be a distant memory!!

14. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

I am a nurse so I've seen a spinal being done, and I was so scared to have it done myself. My dh was rubbing my face asking me if I was ok when the anesthesologist was talking to me. It was really NO PROBLEM -- it hurt less than when I get blood taken out of my arm !!!! Your back doesnt' have the same nerve endings so you dont' feel the needle the same. I did have waves of nausea at times but you just tell them if you do. When I did see the girls wow I didn't really know what they would look like and I was surprised thinking "really these are MY babies ? are you sure?" The babies were taken to Special care while I was in recovery. After recovery I was wheeled through special care to see them again. I then went to my room, and I was really tired and exhausted. It didn't seem like I had the babies it was surreal. It was actually 12 hours later before I saw them again. I bled a fair amount and needed extra oxytocin. Even when I went to see them I was still bleeding a fair amount and I was dizzy (but I didnt' tell them that). I had got to hold Sierra in the OR but I hadn't held Sienna yet. When I went to special care there she was waiting for me eyes wide open looking at me as if to say "mommy where have you been ? " Do I feel bad that I hadn't got to see her before that time, no. I have years and years of moments with her to give her all the cuddles in the world.

Take as many pictures on day 1 as you can with each baby and with both babies. You get "puffy" on day 2-3 my face went really round. Also remember day 2-3 you get the baby blues. I tried so hard not to cry but I caved in and cried anyway.

Great job mommy for making this far, not much longer to go. Get out your baby books and start to look them over and filling them out. Oh also I took a journal and wrote down my experience in the hospital.

give those sweeties a kiss from us too !!!

Heather

15. Joanna416

I can't tell you all enough how special you all make me feel - and to know that so many of you have prayed and prayed for my little guy (and girl of course) warms my heart so much.

I think I will be afraid until they are here and I can see and touch them (hopefully) - and I can't wait to be able to tell you all about their birth story....

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 's to all of you!!!!

Joanna

16. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

yaaaaay!!! i think about you and your babies all the time!
    the c-section is a breeze! just relax! just don't think about what's actually happening, and keep your mind on the outcome of it all! (i told every doctor/nurse that saw me, "don't give me details of what you're doing, don't explain to me what you're doing, just do it!" )
    good luck good luck good luck!!!