2 year molars????????

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by me_and_my_boy, Dec 14, 2006.

1. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

Hi all! I'm curious when your little ones started getting their 2 year molars? Ethan had 16 teeth at around 15 months and I thought I was going to get a little break from all the drool and fingers in the mouth. Just the other day though, he start drooling a ton and putting his whole hand practically in his mouth -- a finger on each side of his mouth. He is also taking his burp cloth (that's his lovey during the day) and putting it on plastic toys and chewing. He seems fine other than that.

Any info appreciate!
    Mendy

2. me_and_my_boy

Hi all! I'm curious when your little ones started getting their 2 year molars? Ethan had 16 teeth at around 15 months and I thought I was going to get a little break from all the drool and fingers in the mouth. Just the other day though, he start drooling a ton and putting his whole hand practically in his mouth -- a finger on each side of his mouth. He is also taking his burp cloth (that's his lovey during the day) and putting it on plastic toys and chewing. He seems fine other than that.

Any info appreciate!
    Mendy

3. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I think Ryan may be getting them. He constantly has his whole hand shoved in his mouth and he too chews on his fingers. He seems to be in a fine mood otherwise. I hope they are quick to come out.

4. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I don't think mine have gotten any signs of getting theirs yet... they both have 16 teeth each.

5. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

We don't have them here either. We were late teethers though so I am not overly concerned.

6. KimC

KimC Well-Known Member

My son just got his and my daughter hasn't gotten them yet and they are almost 3. We were very late teethers also

7. me_and_my_boy

I need to get my ticker back :). I just want to say that Ethan will be 18 months on the 28th. I'm not really worried if he's getting them or not, but I thought this was a little early. His brother is just getting his 1st molar :)

Thanks!
    Mendy

8. ads3046

ads3046 Well-Known Member

Mendy,
    Mine are 18 months on the 27th. How funny is that? [​IMG]

Angela

9. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

Mine are getting theirs right now. So far Noah has one, and I just felt his mouth a few min ago and 2 more are starting to erupt. None for Josh yet, but they have both been "teething" for the last 7 weeks or so. These one's are taking forever! Drool is everywhere and their poor fingers are chapped from chewing on them so much. I pulled out the teething rings, but they aren't to interested. Fingers are more convenient.

10. matwetwins

matwetwins Well-Known Member

Our 2 year molars started moving around 20 mo and they are currently 30 mo and only the two bottom ones are broken on each of them. This has been a long process for us, as were the one year molars.

11. All Boys

All Boys Well-Known Member

Josh and Zach both have theirs already

12. thompsontwinners

thompsontwinners Well-Known Member

All I can say is good luck getting through them. My girls were the worst with those and they took forever to come in. They started popping around 2.3 months and they finished up around 2.8 months. Pretty much our whole summer was ****!

13. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

I'm glad you posted this! Our girls have been unusually fussy this week and we attributed it to the "wonderful two's". [​IMG]

I checked today and Tivvy has one upper molar that has cut through and they both have gums that looked slightly inflamed.

Sharon [​IMG]